ibiza 2019 observations

If you ask some couples or families ( not only the old ones ) about their holidays , you get the answer : Good holiday , because good food , cheap drinks , nice beach , nice weather and people like us , we can talk with and chart music until 10. They dont talk about the vibes , the sunset or things which are discussed here in this forum. These people can go everywhere to holidays.

and this is exactly why non-clubbers are now travelling in hordes to tunisia, turkey and egypt again. they get the same there and pay half the price than on the balearics.

What a great 48 hours for partying on Ibiza. I've slept for 80% of the last two days and just starting to feel human again. That was a really an exclamation point finish. King Solomun throwing down the marker. The way he commands Pacha is something else. Truly saving the best 'til last.

Great to finally meet @diver and his missus and likewise with @jimmiz and also catch up with @Zapclub93 and @Sesar

Now, I'm very much ready for hibernation - in the clubbing respect, at least. Maybe I could squeeze a night in at Pikes, but otherwise it's beaches, walks, sunsets and good food!
Do t forget Halloween

I never really understand this whole Croatia v Ibiza thing. Croatia does the sunny festival scene well but it’s a completely different vibe to Ibiza for so many different reasons, and I don’t think it pretends to be anything otherwise.

Actually this year I can’t think of anyone I know who went to one of the Croatian festivals but plenty who did Ibiza, and a huge variety of people from clubbing veterans to those who I’m guessing have never set foot in a rave in their life.

No comparison.

Edit; agree with the pensioners thing. Our hotel in the bay this year was like an old people’s home out by the pool at the start of October!

Agree with this.

A few years ago I found myself in Cyprus with work.

Obviously we wangled it so we got a night out on the bevvie in Ayia Napa. As you do.

I remembered years ago there had been a big debate about Ibiza vs Ayia Napa.

Looking around Ayia Napa I couldn't, for the life of me, see how? No where near any sort of level to compete with Ibiza.

Was on a similar visit to Croatia earlier this year and got a similar feeling.

Probably all good in their own way, but Ibiza is hard to beat.

Horses for courses I suppose.

PS Limassol by the way, shady as f*** place. Russian hoodlums and two bit hookers everywhere and aggressive locals. Couple of good karaoke bars though ?

Ayia Napa was sold as the garage/speed garage (remember that?!)/urban version of Ibiza in the early 2000's, it never had any history with partying, or any reason why it should have this label, it was just created out of nothing, 20 years later, its just like Magaluf!

I can not agree with the opinion above , that an average non clubber leaves the same money on the island than a typical ibiza raver with beach clubs and night partys. The restaurant thing is special : Most people who eat at good restaurants know the island and go sometimes to the clubs. Or went to the club as they were younger.

I can not agree with the opinion above , that an average non clubber leaves the same money on the island than a typical ibiza raver with beach clubs and night partys. The restaurant thing is special : Most people who eat at good restaurants know the island and go sometimes to the clubs. Or went to the club as they were younger.

the generalisation is where I think lies the problem. there are stingy clubbers, there are clubbers that spend silly amounts of money. and it‘s exactly the same with non-clubbers.

I did observe that most of the guys with phones in the air at pacha were Indian and not dancing... By luck coming back from the bar I was stuck behind a guy on the stairs so I watched what he was recording. If it was the dancer on the podium on the right it would make sense as she was stunning and a great mover..and he would have a video for the wank bank when he got home.. but no he was just recording darkness and then looking back at it... ?

and this is exactly why non-clubbers are now travelling in hordes to tunisia, turkey and egypt again. they get the same there and pay half the price than on the balearics.

.... and this is exactly why the now try to get more direct flights from overseas to ibiza.

Talking of pensioners my Nan and Grandad where talking to me just the other day about going to Ibiza. They've only been once when a cruised stopped off their but they loved what they saw.

I told them that the quiet place to stay would be Bora Bora Apartments and that if they wanted to go out Monday's at Amnesia have a lovely chilled night. Also said that if you ask the right people you may get these magic paracetamol that will make you feel 20 again ?.

All jokes aside though I was saying that there is so much more than just clubbing and party people away from those areas. Great food, great beaches, and you don't have to encounter Tom who looks like a lobster with his football tattoos singing football songs in the street completely off rocker if you don't want to.

Simply stay up north, hire a car, and go do some site seeing and eat amazing food (that's what old people like isn't it?)

See I’ve never really understood the concept coming to Ibiza for a completely non-clubbing holiday.

The beaches, scenery and restaurants are lovely yes but arguably not much there that you couldn’t get elsewhere in the world for cheaper. Ibiza has its edge because of the possibility of going to an amazing club at night, bar at sunset or beach club during the day and just a general culture and history of hedonism

If you don’t have any interest or awareness of all that then why spend the extra euros to come to Ibiza specifically?

See I’ve never really understood the concept coming to Ibiza for a completely non-clubbing holiday.

The beaches, scenery and restaurants are lovely yes but arguably not much there that you couldn’t get elsewhere in the world for cheaper. Ibiza has its edge because of the possibility of going to an amazing club at night, bar at sunset or beach club during the day and just a general culture and history of hedonism

If you don’t have any interest or awareness of all that then why spend the extra euros to come to Ibiza specifically?

Thats what I think , only in better words ...

one reason is the mix of people. no matter if you‘re a clubber or not, the melting pot that is ibiza doesn‘t exist anywhere in the med

When I come to the island, its now for 3-4 weeks and I typically have 3-4 "club" nights, so I think I straddle the fence a bit. You can appreciate the island's vibe on a beach holiday without going clubbing. That said, its the other people that bring me there. Not the clubs, music or food. Everyone is generally happy and open. The place is has a ridiculous sex appeal.

I live in a place with nicer beaches (bugs apart) and cheaper drinks. Its still worth it for me to cross an ocean to hang out for a bit.

You answered you question in your own words ;)

When I come to the island, its now for 3-4 weeks and I typically have 3-4 "club" nights, so I think I straddle the fence a bit. You can appreciate the island's vibe on a beach holiday without going clubbing. That said, its the other people that bring me there. Not the clubs, music or food. Everyone is generally happy and open. The place is has a ridiculous sex appeal.

I live in a place with nicer beaches (bugs apart) and cheaper drinks. Its still worth it for me to cross an ocean to hang out for a bit.

Completely agree it’s not all about the clubbing by any stretch of the imagination, but I would have thought most of us have at least a cursory interest in that side of things.

For people who have literally no interest in going to a club and have zero affiliation with party culture then I do wonder what it is they specifically get out of coming to Ibiza.

I mean on my last visit there were plenty of people who spent their entire holiday sat around the pool playing cards and drinking pints, maybe straying into some of the tacky bars on the Bay strip at night. Nothing wrong with that at all, but perplexes me why they pay a premium to do it in Ibiza.

Completely agree it’s not all about the clubbing by any stretch of the imagination, but I would have thought most of us have at least a cursory interest in that side of things.

For people who have literally no interest in going to a club and have zero affiliation with party culture then I do wonder what it is they specifically get out of coming to Ibiza.

I mean on my last visit there were plenty of people who spent their entire holiday sat around the pool playing cards and drinking pints, maybe straying into some of the tacky bars on the Bay strip at night. Nothing wrong with that at all, but perplexes me why they pay a premium to do it in Ibiza.

Yeah ,thats it. The typical AI tourist and the drinking tourist. Not the people for nice beach clubs or restaurants. There are a lot of it.

Some people are just in love with the place, and are coming year after year, sometimes since 2 or 3 generations...
Sailing, fishing, gastronomy, hiking, bycicling, the island has so much to offer than clubbing.
The melting-pot is unique, the scenery is fantastic...
And all this in security compared to Tunisia, Egypt, etc...

Open your mind, rent a car, explore the island and you will understand... Go to Las Dalias for the market, have a lunch at Balansat, rent a room at Los Enamorados and you will see how the non-clubbers are spending a lot of money...

Back