ibiza 2019 observations

i see a lot of families and non clubbers in the plane and wonder where they are in Ibz. Not at Salinas , not at cavallet , not in the beach bars , not in the clubs or in Dalt Vila. A lot of them stay in AI Hotels and dont go anywhere ( saw it in Es Canar ). Its ok , but if I want to have such a holiday I would choose a cheaper destination , like Croatia or Bulgaria. Ok , they want to say we were in Ibiza. Should do it.
?
And here we go again... Do you know that 70 or 80% of ibiza visitors are non clubbers?
Family or couples are going everywhere on the island, to enjoy the beaches, the gastronomy, hiking, bycicle, etc...
They are renting cars, houses, agrotourismos, paying activities for the kids, going to others restaurants than McDonald's, and at the end spending at least the same money or more than the clubbers in the local economy.

But it's true, you don't see this people in Salinas, es Cavallet or in the beach clubs...
You just see them everywhere else ☺

Pensioners could just about describe half the people on this forum.
Joking apart John, these were proper pensioners. probably glad that their room toilet had a good flush on it.

On the plane going out I had a milf to my left who had her own apartment, and to my right a girl in her late thirties who was going to a yoga retreat. Neither were going clubbing.

Although I did 2 nights clubbing in June when I went for my friend's hen party when I went with my boyfriend in July and September we did no clubbing at all really. Still really enjoyed ourselves though, it's just getting away from the day job and enjoying some time in the sun with a few sangrias. We didn't feel like we missed out at all.

But it's true, you don't see this people in Salinas, es Cavallet or in the beach clubs...
You just see them everywhere else ☺

Definitely in Es Canar, or probably Santa Eularia. I stayed in Es Canar for 2 days in 2016 and it was like a whole new demographic there. Basically couples, old folks, and families

Just to reiterate what some others have said that was a superb season review as always @stivi - really enjoyed reading that!

Those last few paragraphs in particular really summarize Ibiza perfectly for me and explain exactly why I find myself drawn back to this magical island every year. 'Waking up before noon and dragging yourself down to Salinas. Dinners and drinks in Ibiza Town before the club at 2am' - even reading that now gets me excited for Ibiza 2020 and I wouldn't have it any differently. You just can't compare Ibiza to anywhere else - it's as simple as that!

Now to enjoy a nice break at home and prepare for 'silly season' gossip in the NY :lol:

80% of our hotel last week were pensioners enjoying a late summer break. And that was in San An

Spanish pensioners (jubilados) get some travel subventions.

I never really understand this whole Croatia v Ibiza thing. Croatia does the sunny festival scene well but it’s a completely different vibe to Ibiza for so many different reasons, and I don’t think it pretends to be anything otherwise.

Actually this year I can’t think of anyone I know who went to one of the Croatian festivals but plenty who did Ibiza, and a huge variety of people from clubbing veterans to those who I’m guessing have never set foot in a rave in their life.

No comparison.

Edit; agree with the pensioners thing. Our hotel in the bay this year was like an old people’s home out by the pool at the start of October!

?
And here we go again... Do you know that 70 or 80% of ibiza visitors are non clubbers?
Family or couples are going everywhere on the island, to enjoy the beaches, the gastronomy, hiking, bycicle, etc...
They are renting cars, houses, agrotourismos, paying activities for the kids, going to others restaurants than McDonald's, and at the end spending at least the same money or more than the clubbers in the local economy.

70 or 80 Percent ? Ok , much more than I thought ...
Ibiza has much more than clubbing , I know.
But most people in germany see Ibiza as a party destination for younger people. Germans normally go to the other island. Its the german San An in many areas ... and its cheaper. The families I know go to Majorca , Greece or somewhere which is cheaper. In Bulgaria , for example ,you get a better Hotel for the same money and family entertaining.
For richer Families with kids Ibiza is very nice , but these are not much.
For sports ( biking or something ) the canary Islands are better ( traffic lower ).
For me the main attraction of ibiza are the clubs , the beach bars , the things which are unique.

If you ask some couples or families ( not only the old ones ) about their holidays , you get the answer : Good holiday , because good food , cheap drinks , nice beach , nice weather and people like us , we can talk with and chart music until 10. They dont talk about the vibes , the sunset or things which are discussed here in this forum. These people can go everywhere to holidays.

Back