*** ibiza 2018 observations ***

I am not in tourist industry, so this is my arm-chair analysis that may be way off.

1) I think Ibiza gained from instability in Eastern Mediterranean and other package holiday places. A lot of that seems to have gone away now.
2) A lot of new people did Ibiza in the EDM boom, they loved it, but they aren't coming back multiple times (or multiple times a year like many people used to),
3) While it is not just about UK tourism, the fact remains that the UK is having the best summer since 1976 (so people say). For me, it is the best summer since 2003 by a country mile. I think all of Europe is having a great summer in terms of weather...... Even Stockholm has 30c+ days at the moment.
4) Hotel PRICES. Prices at all levels need to come down. Even people that pay £300-500 a night know that when hotels want £600+ they are just taking the p**s
5) Club Prices - yes they have always been expensive, but something has to give in my view. €20 for a 50ml Vodka in Hi.... in a Plastic Cup! I mean come on!!!

Out here at the minute, been coming in July/August for the past 7 years and this is the quietest I’ve personally known it - not quiet by any means, just not as rammo as usual (which is nice from my perspective, not so much if you’re earning a living off the tourist trade).

However, this is also the first year I contemplated visiting elsewhere - this is the most expensive trip out here I’ve had. I booked in November and flights from Cardiff were over £200 and my hotel that I always stay in had gone up to (holiday in total was over £1k). I looked around at other hotels e.g Sol House, Abrat, and they were off the scale. For the first time ever I was almost put off coming. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if it’s impacted on tourist numbers.

I turn 30 this year and we’ve decided this is probs our last big Ibiza holiday for a while (between us we have about 30 trips here). We want to see other countries and for the money we spend on/in Ibiza we could have almost 2 holidays elsewhere. I’ll always love it, it’ll always be special to us and we’ll be back, but it’s time for a change. Sort of feels like a sea change is coming to Ibiza, and I’d like to visit again when it’s blown over.

Out here at the minute, been coming in July/August for the past 7 years and this is the quietest I’ve personally known it - not quiet by any means, just not as rammo as usual (which is nice from my perspective, not so much if you’re earning a living off the tourist trade).

However, this is also the first year I contemplated visiting elsewhere - this is the most expensive trip out here I’ve had. I booked in November and flights from Cardiff were over £200 and my hotel that I always stay in had gone up to (holiday in total was over £1k). I looked around at other hotels e.g Sol House, Abrat, and they were off the scale. For the first time ever I was almost put off coming. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if it’s impacted on tourist numbers.

I turn 30 this year and we’ve decided this is probs our last big Ibiza holiday for a while (between us we have about 30 trips here). We want to see other countries and for the money we spend on/in Ibiza we could have almost 2 holidays elsewhere. I’ll always love it, it’ll always be special to us and we’ll be back, but it’s time for a change. Sort of feels like a sea change is coming to Ibiza, and I’d like to visit again when it’s blown over.
Same sorta thinking with us mate. good post.

Hotel cost is the Ultimatum in my opinion and also the word on the street on drink prices. Not everyone wants to pre-drink to save money

Jet2 pushing the season longer is interesting though... If somehow it commercially works and shows then other airlines will do the same

This will in turn reduce hotel accommodation cost or should do

From Fig:

Pacha - walkable
DC-10 - short distance in a taxi
Sankeys - walkable
Hi - walkable (should you want to go there)

Nicer environment isn't even an argument.

But, yeah, accom not cheap.
Depends on time of year, and hotel... I am a cheap skate I must admit I don't stay at the nicest accom, not bad at all but not posh.. but I paid 145 euros for 4 nights in June in Fig... 65 for one night in hotel in ibiza Town and oct 3-6 I will pay 75 euros in fig

Enjoy mate don't take notice of a select few opinions (mine included)!! This forum is literally about 20 peoples opinions and if everyone in Ibiza took the same approach cocoon and maybe a couple others would be the only events left standing!
Hahaha so true!!! Afterlife and resistance may live but the others no chance

I am not in tourist industry, so this is my arm-chair analysis that may be way off.

1) I think Ibiza gained from instability in Eastern Mediterranean and other package holiday places. A lot of that seems to have gone away now.
2) A lot of new people did Ibiza in the EDM boom, they loved it, but they aren't coming back multiple times (or multiple times a year like many people used to),
3) While it is not just about UK tourism, the fact remains that the UK is having the best summer since 1976 (so people say). For me, it is the best summer since 2003 by a country mile. I think all of Europe is having a great summer in terms of weather...... Even Stockholm has 30c+ days at the moment.
4) Hotel PRICES. Prices at all levels need to come down. Even people that pay £300-500 a night know that when hotels want £600+ they are just taking the p**s
5) Club Prices - yes they have always been expensive, but something has to give in my view. €20 for a 50ml Vodka in Hi.... in a Plastic Cup! I mean come on!!!
Good points... I think as well there seem to be more festivals than ever before! And they are prob cheaper than ibiza to see your same fav dj

Those hotel costs have already put off multiple people I know that often stay at the more high-end places. They are to the point of ridiculous now. And this is probably a reason why they are offering mid-season panic 10-15% off (in some cases even more).

And £57 Gatwick to Ibiza (one-way) with EasyJet on Friday 4 August (the PEAK weekend). NEVER seen that since before 2005.
Migjorn Suites in Bossa now offering 40% off certain rooms.

Has anyone ever stayed here? Passed it loads over the years and always looks nice but never ventured in!

Migjorn Suites in Bossa now offering 40% off certain rooms.

Has anyone ever stayed here? Passed it loads over the years and always looks nice but never ventured in!

Been inside when friends stayed there. Very nice actually, and great location. Think they were trying too hard to go upmarket - but depending on how much it works out for you after discount, I reckon it's worth a go.

Back