*** ibiza 2018 observations ***

I'll post something longer soon but just one thing for now - two days ago we were quickly in ibiza town in the evening, at around 9pm. walked through the port area and back via calle de la virgen, then old market square and plaza de parque. thought OK let's drive through playa d'en bossa on the way home so did that too (simply the main road from north to south).

to our eyes both ibiza town and pdb looked mid-june busy, but not mid-july.

Ibiza Town is pretty pricey too! Though arguably you are in a far nicer environ. Figueretas is good. But as a clubber base, it isn't ideal. I don't wish for all of the British lot to be dumped on that resort either :lol:

I'll post something longer soon but just one thing for now - two days ago we were quickly in ibiza town in the evening, at around 9pm. walked through the port area and back via calle de la virgen, then old market square and plaza de parque. thought OK let's drive through playa d'en bossa on the way home so did that too (simply the main road from north to south).

100% spot on. I was in PDB last week (had a room in another apartment, so not first choice). It really did feel like that period from 5-20 June when the openings are over and things pretty slow before July.

Be interesting to see the airport stats compared to last year.

Ibiza Town is pretty pricey too! Though arguably you are in a far nicer environ. Figueretas is good. But as a clubber base, it isn't ideal. I don't wish for all of the British lot to be dumped on that resort either :lol:

From Fig:

Pacha - walkable
DC-10 - short distance in a taxi
Sankeys - walkable
Hi - walkable (should you want to go there)

Nicer environment isn't even an argument.

But, yeah, accom not cheap.

I do (did) get the appeal of Jet. But it has always been astronomically priced for what it is - a basic and dilapidated council estate block with ASBO neighbours, that happens to have a sea view :lol:

By Jets I meant grabbing a few cans and getting wonky on Bora Bora beach on the beach as opposed to actually staying at Jet apartments. That would be given a seriously wide berth :lol:

I think it’s ideal as a none early 20’s clubber!

Walking distance to Pacha (30 mins).

Easy walk to Ibiza town for the disco bus.

€15 taxi to Bossa if needs be.

Don’t think we have to worry about the masses of young clubbers heading to fig. There’s not much there for them I agree.

we arrived yesterday for clockwork and staying in san ann this trip. Got to say the hotels aren’t as busy as usual and the bars were pretty dead when we were out last night. The bay bar are doing 2 for 1 cocktails to get some business in. Was speaking to a few of the workers at Kilties, May and June were busy but July has been dead. They are blaming it on the 3am licensing law and the punters have to be inside for 12 so they can’t drum anymore business in..btw its roasting!!!

Whats going on with Bora Bora and Tiare now, are they still blasting out music? I havent been to Bora Bora for a while, just doesnt appeal anymore, but interesting to know what its doing now?

Catching up on this topic like..

“Still happy with my username and looking forward to saturday at Amnesia”

Remember our night in ibiza, very quiet for end of June...

I have experienced it a few times in the past.... Every 5 or 6 years ibiza is quiet...

Probably some truth in this as it goes through a blip. I think 2008/9 (actually some of my favourite years) things were quite quiet, and then EDM got massive...

I wonder how the likes of Ushuaia are doing with their 4 EDM nights? Are there still enough people to pack out 4 EDM parties?

Ive been reading lots of alarmed workers and business owners on facebook. There are a lot of anxious people out there worried about their livelihood failing. sad to see. The positioning of the island as a luxury destination (and all that entails!) and misjudging of priorities in San Antonio seem to be the biggest gripes.

Back