*** ibiza 2018 observations ***

If Elrow leaves amnesia for priv or ushuia that's devastating for them. Especially with cocoon and hyte gone and pyramid not taking off.

If Elrow leaves amnesia for priv or ushuia that's devastating for them. Especially with cocoon and hyte gone and pyramid not taking off.

elrow won't leave I don't think.

pyramid this week was decent in terms of numbers and the next few weeks are looking promising. plus we need to accept this season hasn't been a strong one at all so far which makes it hard for everyone and especially newcomers.

I’ve said this before, but I think a lot of airlines have overdone their flight capacity this year. There are some £120 returns with BA in some prime August weeks at the moment (though you’ll be arriving at 2am). That would have been unthinkable the last few years. The flight I came out on last Wednesday (day flight) was 60-70% full (though could have been Football lowering numbers).

I don't come to Ibiza for music in a dark room and one light. I come for both music and production in terms of lights, CO2 cannons, leds etc. Elrow seems to be a bit too corny but at least they're trying something. In Toronto we don't have this experience in full effect like Ibiza and it's a part of the reason why ibiza is the way it is. I really dont see what's wrong making it an experience for the clubber, trying to use all their senses to immerse them in a party.

The effort the Elrow guys go for the their production is impressive though, when you think its just for a few hours, never been to an Elrow twice in a row, but dont they have different decorations etc for each event?

Cant think of any other promoter that goes to this level of effort

Still a bunch of cunts though

TOU @ pacha for 2019

I could potentially see a scenario where this could happen. Suppose it depends if a big man was to leave the cherries, and how well Afterlife does at Hï this season... or if they start to lose the loyal following that they have built up?

Elrow is like that party you went to when your were 8 years old
Ball pit, rented guy in silly costume, bouncy castle, play with each other but no one talks. Mums standing around killing the vibe. Cassette tape playing wacky happy music

I’ve said this before, but I think a lot of airlines have overdone their flight capacity this year. There are some £120 returns with BA in some prime August weeks at the moment (though you’ll be arriving at 2am). That would have been unthinkable the last few years. The flight I came out on last Wednesday (day flight) was 60-70% full (though could have been Football lowering numbers).

It is currently near impossible to increase capacity at Ibiza airport
Have you seen hotel costs for August? Ridiculous. You could go to Vegas for the price it would cost you to go to Bossa

I could potentially see a scenario where this could happen. Suppose it depends if a big man was to leave the cherries, and how well Afterlife does at Hï this season... or if they start to lose the loyal following that they have built up?
I think I know who you're talking about, but why would he have to leave for ToU to move to Pacha? To keep the balance between 'underground' and commercial nights across the week?

I think I know who you're talking about, but why would he have to leave for ToU to move to Pacha? To keep the balance between 'underground' and commercial nights across the week?

Just a guess yes. History tells us that Pacha can support 3 (or even 2.5 if you think about it) less-commercial nights a week.

Guetta to Hi.. TOU:THURS @ pacha

You're throwing them at us today! However, if I was a betting man, I can see Hi winning the 'DJ Mag Top 100 Club' poll this year. Remember there are ways of ensuring you win (there are some people in Russia who can sort internet polls out for you). I KNOW we all laugh at these polls, but publicity wise and brand wise it is powerful to the casual observer. To a brand like FMIF no other club in Ibiza has EVER been as aligned to the high-end type brand that they want to portray (even if we all know it is more dog collar than gold collar). They could have gone to Privi at their peak, but stayed with Pacha. Could there be a point where a brand like FMIF sees Hi as closer to their target audience than Pacha? But you then have to fill a second room, when really people are just there for Guetta..... And I am guessing that Pacha main room holds more than Hi Theatre?

However...... I am sure we made a pact last year that we don't discuss the next season until late September. Maybe we should enforce that again...

It is currently near impossible to increase capacity at Ibiza airport
Have you seen hotel costs for August? Ridiculous. You could go to Vegas for the price it would cost you to go to Bossa

Those hotel costs have already put off multiple people I know that often stay at the more high-end places. They are to the point of ridiculous now. And this is probably a reason why they are offering mid-season panic 10-15% off (in some cases even more).

And £57 Gatwick to Ibiza (one-way) with EasyJet on Friday 4 August (the PEAK weekend). NEVER seen that since before 2005.

Even Jets seems to have died a death due to the change of laws on outdoor/beachfront music and the fact that Space is no more.

Sunday Jets before WeLove at Space used to be mobbed - the last few times I've been down there its been dead in comparison.

Back