*** ibiza 2018 observations ***

This from @Deco33 from another thread sums up how I feel about last night:

I'm not particularly a fan of his track choices all the time but his energy always makes for a good night. For a man of his size and years, he still leads from the front and gets everybody going every gig. Got to hand it to him

Circo last night too and pretty much agree with others... Appolonia great in the garden, Black Madonna played areally energetic set abd was pleasantly surprised with Art Department after the only other time ive heard him was at Elrow closing a few years ago where his set was probably the best on offer that night but last night was more to my taste. Also glad i went Circo over Cox and was loads of room all over the club.

Another observation from Amnesia both Music On and Pyramid: the security are hot on stamping out people videoing on their phones this year. Being on your phone for shazam or taking a brief photo doesn't appear to be a problem, so far as I can tell. But if they catch you recording, you get a lazer in your face. And if you continue you will soon be approached and told to stop. One guy I saw last Friday was actually made to delete the video from his phone.
This is good news....hand in phones at the door even better! (never gonna happen I know)....

it's more for people using flash :rolleyes: but with 1 bloke he can't prevent hundred of people filming :D
For cocoon after km5 ibz 17 , one staff security didnt want people to take pics/videos, with hundred of people taking videos it's quiet a joke :lol: i'm not spending my time with phone on the air but always keen to make 1mn video when listening to an anthem :oops: as a souvenir of the night (i may spend 5mn using my phone max along a night)

For what it's worth, this was always the least attractive ONE NIGHT STAND date of the three for me. And that's coming as a Beyer fan. Next week's all night long at Pacha is much more appealing, and I'm sure we'll see the big man mix things up a bit.

I know! Gutted I am missing this by 24 hours next week, but just have to be in work Wednesday morning something. You thinking he may mix it up and go for a more House set? A solid Cox House set in Pacha would be perfection.

Also, anyone know when Cox last played Pacha? Was it for the Renaissance Parties in 2000-2003? Or the Perfecto parties in 00s?

it's more for people using flash :rolleyes: but with 1 bloke he can't prevent hundred of people filming :D
For cocoon after km5 ibz 17 , one staff security didnt want people to take pics/videos, with hundred of people taking videos it's quiet a joke :lol: i'm not spending my time with phone on the air but always keen to make 1mn video when listening to an anthem :oops: as a souvenir of the night (i may spend 5mn using my phone max along a night)
Good interview with Carl Cox on Radio 1 last week....got asked about his future amongst other things and he said 'people used to be free to do what they wanted in clubs without fear of being photographed or filmed, now they stand in front of me, filming me on their phones!' Not dancing, but wanting good pictures for their Instagram....this 'look at me, I'm in Ibiza' culture.

So true.....I am glad no-one had a camera thinking back to the state we all got in at raves in the 90's!

Good interview with Carl Cox on Radio 1 last week....got asked about his future amongst other things and he said 'people used to be free to do what they wanted in clubs without fear of being photographed or filmed, now they stand in front of me, filming me on their phones!' Not dancing, but wanting good pictures for their Instagram....this 'look at me, I'm in Ibiza' culture.

So true.....I am glad no-one had a camera thinking back to the state we all got in at raves in the 90's!

Everything comes in waves..... the kids of these kids will all be about "Privacy"...

Everything comes in waves..... the kids of these kids will all be about "Privacy"...
I actually think you right. It will become 'cool' to go to events with no phone policy.
I seen Gerd jansen on Sunday in Ireland and stickers were put over the camera phones upon entry. Worked an absolute treat!

Sankeys
sometimes with some people making (selfie)videos a lot, im just on the way to grab their phone & throw it :lol: i can be calm when people using phone 1-2 mn but it's a lot of time on the whole :rolleyes: it happened a lot 1rst row
36572365_10210206412511730_875627755868258304_o.jpg

what about 65 decibel limiter in beach bars? it really suckx No more Dancing? but just sleeping? :D

Music at Sa trinxa was lower than usual, im wondering how they cope when they play old school house sa trinxa with Franco firday sunday
bora bora indoor & no more outdoors? :rolleyes:

Circo last night too and pretty much agree with others... Appolonia great in the garden, Black Madonna played areally energetic set abd was pleasantly surprised with Art Department after the only other time ive heard him was at Elrow closing a few years ago where his set was probably the best on offer that night but last night was more to my taste. Also glad i went Circo over Cox and was loads of room all over the club.
Yes we also went to Circo Loco rather than cc. We had a great time especially in the Garden with apollonia.

Music at Sankeys last night was really good. Room used was the lab.

I concur. DJ Hell played some phenomenal music. Tempted to say it's the best set I've heard so far this summer.
Numbers wise it wasn't a disaster but definitely room for improvement - probably several hundred in The Lab around 01:30/2am, but started to thin out around 03:30. Stick another 50-100 ppl in that room, and it would have been perfection. Not sure if that's enough to make this night feasible, but I hope this works.
Test is going to be when RESISTANCE & Prydz open... I think IDOL can be more flexible with their pricing owing to the artists they have booked. Gonna be interesting to see how it unfolds.

A few highlights from the opening:

(sorry there isn't a better clip)

They used to take your camera off you on the way into Space back in the day. All put in a drawer on the door and you were given a ticket to get it back on the way out.
Yeah but that was when only a few people tried to take a camera in...mostly probably by mistake and not realising you weren't allowed. Everyone has a mobile phone now.....and so many exactly the same, would be a nightmare....

Yeah but that was when only a few people tried to take a camera in...mostly probably by mistake and not realising you weren't allowed. Everyone has a mobile phone now.....and so many exactly the same, would be a nightmare....

Not really.

Use a locker system like they do in the Netherlands. You get a code for a locker, everything goes in the locker, and you collect it on your way out.

I concur. DJ Hell played some phenomenal music. Tempted to say it's the best set I've heard so far this summer.
Numbers wise it wasn't a disaster but definitely room for improvement - probably several hundred in The Lab around 01:30/2am, but started to thin out around 03:30. Stick another 50-100 ppl in that room, and it would have been perfection. Not sure if that's enough to make this night feasible, but I hope this works.
Test is going to be when RESISTANCE & Prydz open... I think IDOL can be more flexible with their pricing owing to the artists they have booked. Gonna be interesting to see how it unfolds.

A few highlights from the opening:

(sorry there isn't a better clip)

Yeh loved his set, Timo's opening track blew my head off too. Crowd could definitely be better, wasnt bad at all but could see a few had got in on the free guestlist and didnt really know what they were in for.

Not really.

Use a locker system like they do in the Netherlands. You get a code for a locker, everything goes in the locker, and you collect it on your way out.
Yeah fair play, that could work...just might be a problem at some of the larger clubs. 5000 at Amnesia 10000 Priv etc...a lot of lockers. Mind you, people might just leave their phones at home if they know they cant take them in....

They used to take your camera off you on the way into Space back in the day. All put in a drawer on the door and you were given a ticket to get it back on the way out.
...And if it was a decent camera you never got it back from the robbin b@stards. Amnesia trialled this too if i remember correctly

Trying to take only 2 poor pics with camera at space carry on :D it was real challenge such as ,not be caught by staff, when drinking miniature or taking drugs from pocket (i'm not talking about myself :p)

Back