*** ibiza 2018 observations ***

I just find the whole "me and my gang" thing a bit childish and immature - always did. No offence meant by that - just think ppl making disparaging remarks about solo clubbers as if they need to somehow be rescued and herded into a group like some sort of lost sheep are away with the proverbial fairies. If you don't "get it" that's fine - test of a really great party is one you can go to sober and solo and have a blast. If you need to be off your rocker or pissed to get through it then maybe you're at the wrong party - or wasting your time and money ;). As far as I'm concerned anyway favours are there to enhance an evening rather than being necessary to enjoy it.

I'm not sure that could have been put any better. I've done a ton of solo clubbing especially in Ibiza and throughout Europe because a lot of friends simply couldn't afford it and i didn't want to be held back by it. I do it a little less these days at 31 and am also now married so it loses a little bit fun being able to get into less mischief if you will, but I'll still hit an event around the home area if i really want to attend. I never understood not being willing to make a solo move if you're really there for the music, you can chat up some randoms or simply mind your business and enjoy the tunes. I do love going out with a crew if it fits the bill, but some of my all time favorite nights have been out solo and/or meeting up with like minded people who just enjoy the same thing. My first BPM in it Hey Day back in 2014 i believe i met a crew from diff parts of the globe and i still connect with them now and again today. Definitely made for some experiences i would have never had a chance at if i simply passed them up because nobody else would go. So needless to say, I'm a big advocate of going for it on your own.

You'll be lucky to hear him play any techno nowadays
no way! Waste of money and i've been to amnesia music on (70€ tix :confused: ) to please one mate (but can't do this favour twice), amnesia opening 17 (40€ for his ok 6 hours mix 6am to midday, i can't complain :D but that night was more For Erick morillo ,even he is not playing the house he used to play) and cova Santa.
He is OVERRATTED, bring Derrick MAY Laurent Garnier whatever...

Last edited:
Circoloco was comfortably busy despite Carl Cox at Amnesia last night. Plenty of room to dance in both rooms though which was nice and started thinning out at 4.30. Missed the garden action due to flight time but Black Madonna was on good form in the terrace. I believe Apollonia covered Seths absence in the terrace and were im good form from what I heard although I spent most of the night in the main room. Unusual for me but it was cool and My mrs was really enjoying it. Art department & latterly san proper were great but all became a blur in the end not least because every man playing the main room had long hair . Dvs1 (no hair) was pretty boring and we left at 5ish feeling happy we made the right choice between circo & coxy!

Last edited:
I was at circoloco too... Apollonia in the garden for me were great and also the black Madonna. But San proper !? Yesterday I heard him not doing correct mixing more than once...

I was at circoloco too... Apollonia in the garden for me were great and also the black Madonna. But San proper !? Yesterday I heard him not doing correct mixing more than once...
Do you mean you actually heard him mix something?
I love the guy for his character and music selection, but he rarely gets a mix right.

re the solo clubbing thing, Kimajy makes some good points but I think you have to have a massive personality to pull it off or real balls (a black friend went to Exit in Serbia a few years back and stood out a mile - he kind of knew that in advance and is very self-assured but the less confident might have shat themselves). I admire people who can do that and not get totally paranoid. the problem for me is that I don't like cliques but I do like familiarity and getting the balance right ain't always easy. Also I don't like hanger ons who letch on to your female friends or who just want free 'nourishment'. the kumbaya of friendly, uncynical clubbing is all too often a myth sadly

I think his boat has sailed..
Cc and ab on the terrace is not to be sniffed at ,,

Just don’t seem to be a buzz this year

Maybe World Cup is affecting

I’m hearing reports of fiona closing early then on fb they are saying they are rammed ,, usual bs

I’d say it was busy last night but I also see they was fishing for gl at 7pm !!

Busiest I've seen Amnesia since their closing 2015. Terrace mobbed from 02:30-03:30 - and very, very busy either side of that window. Club room was predictably a lot quieter - was also going to be the case with the imbalanced room splits. What's the one thing you can guarantee from Coxy: a room full of energy.
Personally, I wasn't feeling the music so much. Less so after Beyer finished at 4am, but even before then I felt like they were going through the motions. Struggling to recall any memorable moments. That said, I'm willing to acknowledge that the overwhelming majority of people were having a great time. So maybe it was just me having an off night?
I was dancing the whole time I was there, so it wasn't bad by any stretch of the imagination. Production was wicked. And - if you want to compare to Music On - the atmosphere was a million times better.

For what it's worth, this was always the least attractive ONE NIGHT STAND date of the three for me. And that's coming as a Beyer fan. Next week's all night long at Pacha is much more appealing, and I'm sure we'll see the big man mix things up a bit.

It’s amazing the difference a day can make.

From the clips I’ve heard the music didn’t seem all that impressive, whereas the both of them at Awakenings were incredible.

Capriati followed by CC on Saturday night was straight fire. Absolutely thunderous techno.

Beyer was also fantastic on Sunday night.

Last edited:
From the clips I’ve heard the music didn’t seem all that impressive, whereas the both of them at Awakenings were incredible.

Having watched the streams, I agree with you. Would also say I preferred their B2B at Junction 2.

Back