*** Ibiza 2017 observations ***

Not really

Es paradise was not full ,but for Groove odyssey party may 20th (joey Negro John Morales) that attract House Music lovers , main coming from UK, more grown up, no kids :p

A party with lot of Classic House :cool: say 60% of club filled it was not busy such as Hed kandi ibz 13 with drum Warrior, where club was filled 90%

18582493_10210719527236947_5601262215787155495_n.jpg

18671080_10210727333392096_8578501272137585989_n.jpg
18622125_10210727332792081_1337385579289238544_n.jpg

Was hoping Defected would be 'nice busy', my last experience of Eden (6 years ago) was shite partly because it was too busy - I'm sure you had to walk through the one dancefloor to get out and people were just rammed in, giving the elbows when you squeezed past. It has been refurbed since though hasn't it so maybe it's improved.

Also Karizma and Ninetoes are at Defected when I'm out there so feeling encouraged (not arsed about Sam Divine).

no the soundsystem is an adamson. and obviously this is subjective, but IMO the sound is nowhere as good YET as it used to be. I am sure they'll get there, but thursday last week (when I was there last), it just wasn't right yet. not in terms of volume nor in terms of equalization.

I never wanted to get into the comparing with Space etc. But that FunktionOne was the best sound system in the World in that room. Just my opinion

I see Defected (talking about the past few years) as the stepping stone from utter sh1te EDM to better deep/prog/house/techno etc. Everyones got to learn at some point.

There are some quality releases on Defected as "House masters" (MAW, Frankie Knuckles) or the Strictly rythm releases (mood II swing, roger S). They do release a ton of pointless cheesy mixed CD but Simon Dunmore knows his house music. Make cash to keep the quality releases coming.

About Boom, I had a very good night at Glitterbox when it was there. The crowd was way better than at Space last year.

I see Defected (talking about the past few years) as the stepping stone from utter sh1te EDM to better deep/prog/house/techno etc. Everyones got to learn at some point.
Exactly this! Entry level house!
ELH is the new EDM! :lol:

There are some quality releases on Defected as "House masters" (MAW, Frankie Knuckles) or the Strictly rythm releases (mood II swing, roger S). They do release a ton of pointless cheesy mixed CD but Simon Dunmore knows his house music. Make cash to keep the quality releases coming.

About Boom, I had a very good night at Glitterbox when it was there. The crowd was way better than at Space last year.

defected have always churned out the cheese but also at the same time licensed loads of house classics over the years, repressing gems off tiny labels (eg DJ Gregory originally on Faya Combo), thus giving them new leases of life. For that we should be very thankful. their 'in the mix' series (Joey Negro, Karizma, Gilles Peterson etc) was also really good. their policy of keeping relevant though means a lot of their output these days is never going to appeal to ageing fans of classic house, as the kids don't care about that anymore. shrewd business from Dunmore in order to survive but obviously not the same Defected we used to know.

defected have always churned out the cheese but also at the same time licensed loads of house classics over the years, repressing gems off tiny labels (eg DJ Gregory originally on Faya Combo), thus giving them new leases of life. For that we should be very thankful. their 'in the mix' series (Joey Negro, Karizma, Gilles Peterson etc) was also really good. their policy of keeping relevant though means a lot of their output these days is never going to appeal to ageing fans of classic house, as the kids don't care about that anymore. shrewd business from Dunmore in order to survive but obviously not the same Defected we used to know.

Bob sinclar was another one that funded licensing more underground records.... defected are one of the few commercial house labels that have survived by re-inventing themselves. And absorbed some other labels to keep them going (strictly etc)

For me best time between June and September are definitely September !
Better educated crowd, bit older too, party goes longer , many more dj enjoying themselves as the festival season is almost finish , very good vibe and the island , the only thing which is better in June is the weather ( September can be rainy for a few days ) and June get obviously more hours of day light .
Good to hear as I'm going back over again in early September

we got a rainy RAINY day with light thunder & pouring rain for 2-3 hours from midnight, june 4th
the scene at blue marlin was quiet weird as it ruined the party, i thought i will never got back to Ibz town/pacha Parking :D as they really need infrastrusture engenneerss, i am wondering what they are doing with all money from tourism? in some few pimps pockets ? :spank:
ps: the secret of my will to hold on in a party is in this video , Remember Nam 75! :cool:

getting caught in a september thunderstorm in my car on the highway, then can misses and into eivissa, was one of the scariest experiences in my whole life. think rivers where streets were and utter mayhem. when it rains it pours and the canal can't cope.

Back