*** Ibiza 2017 observations ***

was thinking more this year
is it busy? what time does the guest usually play - was thinking of going on July
just how cheesy does BS play?
Thanks
I went to closing October 2016. BS got pretty mainstream and bits were a little cheesy I suppose although that's subjective I guess. I didn't stay till the end but the guests were great. It was nicely busy in there.

What time is the west end open till? Remember seeing something about the bars had to close earlier this year

Anyone been to Pure Pacha yet on a Saturday night? Thanks

I was there the Saturday that just passed. This was my first trip to Ibiza so Id say my tastes may vary compared to your usual regulars that you find on every forum. Bought my ticket based on the DJ list, the club name (has a strong rep/brand where I'm from) and to a certain extent the ticket price (because it's typically expected that the most expensive is the most expensive for a reason).

So I turned up just before 1am. I wasn't expecting the place to be busy then but with a slowly filling club and in my opinion bland music at the time I wasn't off to a good start. Some observations I made:

- Small dance floor. Looks like this club is trying to cater to big spenders rather than people seeking a good time. More than 50% of the floorspace was actually private seating areas for bottle service. While decorated nicely it just didn't feel right to do that.
- Second room is kinda tucked away in a corner and the whole club is a bit of a labyrinth/rabbit warren that starts as a bit of a mystery tour until you realise you can't escape the main room audio unless you bee line for the exit (where the second room was playing cheesy rnb type beats)
- Older crowd. I'm 31 and while I'm probably older than the majority of the party goers on the island this place made me feel like a pre schooler! I'd estimate about 70% of the people there were in the 38-45 age bracket.
- It looked like a lot of the crowd weren't enjoying themselves but rather "trying" to make the most of the money they had spent there by moving and dancing half heartedly and with blank expressions on their faces.
- The music stayed fairly generic/neutral the time I was there. There may have been two or three tracks that I recognized and while I'm more than happy to listen to beats I've never heard before they do need to at least pull me in and captivate with their sound. None of that happened and by 2.30 I had enough.

A combination of all of the above just made for what I felt was a poor atmosphere in every aspect. Even though I already forked out a large chunk of money for Pacha I decided to go to my second choice being Elrow. I had no idea what to expect from it as it was only second because I heard lots of others talking about it but it completely turned my night around.

It's not the type of music I'd normally listen to but there were major advantages over what was being played at Pure Pacha. I could actually feel the groove which made me want to dance around. And the production was just mind blowing. The only way I could explain it is as if you were clubbing in a cartoon. Everywhere I looked, everything that was going on was captivating, surprising and highly entertaining if not somewhat chaotic. I stayed there until the music stopped which ended up being 8am.

I'm not sure how I would've felt with Pacha if I had stayed to see the main acts (I think BS was starting at 4am with FDHC starting at about 2.30?) but I get the feeling I would have regretted staying if I did. Total waste of 100 euro (ticket price, one drink and transport) but on the bright side now I know for next time :)

Some of you guys might not agree with the above but yeah, very underwhelmed.

What time is the west end open till? Remember seeing something about the bars had to close earlier this year

I was walking through it at about 4am yesterday and it was going strong. Stopped in at the highlander and everyone was having the time of their lives, singing, dancing, interacting with each other even though they didn't know the other people. Had to leave 30-60 minutes later but it was still kicking then.

It's not the type of music I'd normally listen to but there were major advantages over what was being played at Pure Pacha. I could actually feel the groove which made me want to dance around. And the production was just mind blowing. The only way I could explain it is as if you were clubbing in a cartoon. Everywhere I looked, everything that was going on was captivating, surprising and highly entertaining if not somewhat chaotic. I stayed there until the music stopped which ended up being 8am.

I'm not sure how I would've felt with Pacha if I had stayed to see the main acts (I think BS was starting at 4am with FDHC starting at about 2.30?) but I get the feeling I would have regretted staying if I did. Total waste of 100 euro (ticket price, one drink and transport) but on the bright side now I know for next time :)

Some of you guys might not agree with the above but yeah, very underwhelmed.

Wow 8 AM closing time? Amnesia is pushing the limits, nice review man.

I was walking through it at about 4am yesterday and it was going strong. Stopped in at the highlander and everyone was having the time of their lives, singing, dancing, interacting with each other even though they didn't know the other people. Had to leave 30-60 minutes later but it was still kicking then.

They must have stopped serving by 4 AM tho? I know that was the case with Tropi last year. Great to hear it was going!

was thinking more this year
is it busy? what time does the guest usually play - was thinking of going on July
just how cheesy does BS play?
Thanks
its busy, bob usually play at 4h00 am till end 7.00am but not in to go there naymore
closing 16, i was there from 1h30 to 04h20 leaving after thed 3 cheezy tracks, taking pic video :D
14581444_10208714152463831_7731204019688086363_n.jpg

opening 16, il left dance 88 89 a,d pay 70€ at doors to see bob from 4 to 7am & it was good
13307501_10207743947209306_4847702072183828406_n.jpg

from a party to other it can be cheezy or not..but, mood is not very good if u compare to elrow so sat its ELROW (no black coffee neither))

19274957_1572550579424853_8598977373682084917_n.jpg

Anyone been to check this out as yet? Line-ups look pretty impressive so far, might have to make it my Saturday night party.

Heart ibz host nice events with interesting djs
Tuesday should be my day at Heart with the party host by louie Vega, there is one host by Wally Lopez
but Saturday night is the night of the yellow animal :D

FGP - did you catch Sneak?
yes,all his set, he played boring Tech House , i didnt like it very much same as MAW at IMS pre party pacha where I didnt have the energy to stay until the end :lol: if it was kicking music house i could stay until the end even layin on Pacha sofa at entrance door (...i guess its same music Dj sneak played at Ants ...ill give a second try if seeing him on a lineup aug closing 17

yes,all his set, he played boring Tech House , i didnt like it very much same as MAW at IMS pre party pacha where I didnt have the energy to stay until the end :lol: if it was kicking music house i could stay until the end even layin on Pacha sofa at entrance door (...i guess its same music Dj sneak played at Ants ...ill give a second try if seeing him on a lineup aug closing 17

how depressing - even the "house gangster" has sold out.

I'll never take any of his deranged late night rants seriously ever again

Back