*** Ibiza 2017 observations ***

Thanks for taking the time out to watch guys - I try to capture what I can when having so much fun!!

That reminds me can someone confirm when the main stage generally opens at Ants? I have a feeling they were missing a DJ or having tech troubles on the 24th....Lawler came out at eventually at 09:30 if memory serves me correct which I think was way too late and am sure last time I went it opened at 7/8

Main stage usually 9PM last few seasons. Like on the dot usually.

I'd say Space guys used to always be pretty bad for that.

got caught in an Amnesia cubicle doing something i shouldnt have one night about 08. I looked at him to say "Ok you got me bang to rights" . Security just rubbed his finger and thumb together to indicate cash. I gave him 5euros and he just laughed and so did i knowing quite well I was taking the p!ss. Another 10 and he went on his merry way and didnt confiscate anything :cool:

got caught in an Amnesia cubicle doing something i shouldnt have one night about 08. I looked at him to say "Ok you got me bang to rights" . Security just rubbed his finger and thumb together to indicate cash. I gave him 5euros and he just laughed and so did i knowing quite well I was taking the p!ss. Another 10 and he went on his merry way and didnt confiscate anything :cool:

welcome to Spain..

Pretty much what happens to everyone it seems. I had a bit more a good cop, bad cop skit with them telling me they were going to hand me over to the police, before one of them saying "this is my manager, he likes tips. Give him a tip and you can go" before giving me back my money and narcotics.

Pretty much what happens to everyone it seems. I had a bit more a good cop, bad cop skit with them telling me they were going to hand me over to the police, before one of them saying "this is my manager, he likes tips. Give him a tip and you can go" before giving me back my money and narcotics.

You would have only ended up bribing the cops too!! :lol:

Always better to bribe the security - at least you can stay in the venue that way! :lol:

You would have only ended up bribing the cops too!! :lol:

Always better to bribe the security - at least you can stay in the venue that way! :lol:

Yeah I've put this down as a lesson learned. In all my my years going to Ibiza this had never happened before and I
didn't really think of the obvious.

It probably didn't help that I was about four hours deep into Hi opening at the time and buzzing off my tits :lol:

I'd say Space guys used to always be pretty bad for that.

Yes when I think of it, Space security would roam through the crowd a lot. Pacha too, but last season I didn't notice as much.

Amnesia is usually a free for all tho, or at least I've never noticed security wandering. I'm even surprised security even patted anyone down this year.

I've seen security going through amnesia ALWAYS. it's really also nothing new there...and I'm there every week all summer.

got caught on the dancefloor at space closing a few years ago. to be fair, he did let me stay in the club after confiscating what i had in my hand and asking if i had more "no sir, nothing at all"!)...was super early so was very relieved!

I've seen security going through amnesia ALWAYS. it's really also nothing new there...and I'm there every week all summer.
Considering previous crackdowns by the authorities, probably driven by other parties it's probably wise to be visibly proactive .
No point in giving the authorities a stick to beat them with.

you reckon?

they seemed like very boring, very vain, overly pleased with themselves british holiday cliches to me

I liked the way it was edited, quality was nice too... What camera was that @Life of Rye ?

I dunno, it got me pumped up for my trip! Got those old feelings rushing back ( lol from less than a year ago). Liked seeing some of the new(?) lasers at DC-10, and footage at Hi and Cream.

To me it just seemed like a group of some regular folks having fun!

i'd rather watch an FGP video to be honest.

give me individual eccentrics over packs of beefy Brits, who remind you of why you left Britain in the first place...

Back