*** Ibiza 2017 observations ***

You think those two line-ups are weak? Assume you are joking...

I would agree for the most part, especially for the 17th, not I'm no fan of Nina, and I've seen tini and carl craig dozens of times. I would hardly call July 10th weak but I'm also not the biggest Richie fan so not super exciting to me there either.

You think those two line-ups are weak? Assume you are joking...

I thought so too (not that they are weak, but that nobbie can't be serious).

if any other party came up with such a line up you'd say 'wow'. whether the line up is your cuppa tea is a matter of taste obviously, but calling those line ups weak? I know I'm known here as a cocoon fan, but I'd defend that opinion even if it was any other night.

i love Carl Craig for his classic productions but his dj sets have never really floored me tbh. I think that has been the general consensus across the industry for many years now.

Out of an almost 20 week schedule, there has to be some "weaker nights" at least on paper. I would say typically 5 or so will be standouts, 10 or so in the middle and 5 at the bottom. Looking at the Cocoon schedule as a whole, i would consider those 2 weeks in the bottom 4, which of course is just my opinion based on my preference. I wouldn't even go as far as to say I wouldn't attend if i was on the island for holiday then, but if i had the capability to attend every week, those two nights would be a pass for me.

No one mention Zoo project this is the party not To miss when in Ibiza
All mates That went &discover it love it

Defected.. No way i get back...

Elrow, rammy but u have to fi'd ur spot,Mates left the club because of rammy issue

Hi i wont recommand this club except Glitterbox, i rang this club at bottom

Heart Saga is à Nice party..very Hot inside
I miss the one With Wally Lopez César del Rio Isaacs Indart, great Djs underrated..

BLUE MARLIN On SUNDAY.. Love it.. But rammy as dancefloor is so tiny...

Amnesia Opening17 1 of Best opening expérience with IMS dalt villa

Privilège openi'g was Nice too.

daytime event were good & free
sa trinxa , jockey club ocean beach (free for me :p), Bora Bora

Last edited:

if any other party came up with such a line up you'd say 'wow'. whether the line up is your cuppa tea is a matter of taste obviously, but calling those line ups weak? I know I'm known here as a cocoon fan, but I'd defend that opinion even if it was any other night.
U a cocoon fan, never!;)

No one mention Zoo project this is the party not To miss when in Ibiza
All mates That went &discover it love it

Defected.. No way i get back...

Elrow, rammy but u have to fi'd ur spot,Mates left the club because of rammy issue

Hi i wont recommand this club except Glitterbox, i rang this club at bottom

Heart Saga is à Nice party..very Hot inside
I miss the one With Wally Lopez César del Rio Isaacs Indart, great Djs underrated..

BLUE MARLIN On SUNDAY.. Love it.. But rammy as dancefloor is so tiny...

Amnesia Opening17 1 of Best opening expérience with IMS dalt villa

Privilège openi'g was Nice too.

daytime event were good & free
sa trinxa , jockey club ocean beach (free for me :p), Bora Bora
Yeh love wally lopez!

Just compared to what I had last year around the same time it is and compared to July 24th onwards it sorta is. Last year's Ricardo date in mid July was him Nina Sven and Zip. Just feel it's less headliner heavy, but I do enjoy Craig and Nina. Just not aware of Dorian Paic and Tini so much.

Yo man 24th is solly, Sven, Ida , Beyer and Scuba. They stacked the hell outta that one. I'm still gonna go to both of my dates anyways, just think it could be better.

I saw Yann posted that In The Dark at Hi was a "full house" last night. Social media spin or was it? I assume as the dance floors are smaller the capacity is a lot less than what a full Space was?

I saw Yann posted that In The Dark at Hi was a "full house" last night. Social media spin or was it? I assume as the dance floors are smaller the capacity is a lot less than what a full Space was?

I wasn't there. I heard it was busy, but not sure if 'full house' is the term the people would use that reported back to me.

I wasn't there. I heard it was busy, but not sure if 'full house' is the term the people would use that reported back to me.

Well if you have 200K twitter followers, be hard to resist a tweet like that I suppose.

Have they sorted the sound yet? Is there still a Funktion-One in the main room?

too hot too busy (ustairs u hd place ) inside
a mix of House & commercial Shit Boring Tech House
Even i like Defected rec label, i dont like their party at all, worse than when it was at Booom Ibz, Even solomun+1 &Saga at Heart ibz will be a better choice :lol:

Even free i wont loose my time there.

Well if you have 200K twitter followers, be hard to resist a tweet like that I suppose.

Have they sorted the sound yet? Is there still a Funktion-One in the main room?

no the soundsystem is an adamson. and obviously this is subjective, but IMO the sound is nowhere as good YET as it used to be. I am sure they'll get there, but thursday last week (when I was there last), it just wasn't right yet. not in terms of volume nor in terms of equalization.

what's wrong with the defected night.?

Whilst it'd be plain wrong to say that @FallenangelGparsons opinion doesn't count for much (he is, afterall, probably the most prolific party-goer on the forum! :lol: ), it is fair to say that his opinion often goes against the grain of general consensus.

If you like Defected's output as a label and are big on their roster of DJs I think you will enjoy yourself just fine! ;)

Does seem like it has been v.busy from reports. Though I get a sense there are a lot of freebies/discounts going around

too hot too busy (ustairs u hd place ) inside
a mix of House & commercial Shit Boring Tech House
Even i like Defected rec label, i dont like their party at all, worse than when it was at Booom Ibz, Even solomun+1 &Saga at Heart ibz will be a better choice :lol:

Even free i wont loose my time there.
Oh wow okay. I've been a few defected parties in England and really enjoyed it especially at Sankeys mcr. This my first time going ibiza so I'm pretty sure I'll still enjoy it on the 25th. Heat and big crowds don't really bother me and I like the line up so fingers crossed.

heat & big crowd kill the mood

i dont like eden club too , im more into Es Paradise a club where u have place to dance...
Sam divine =>fine
Mark Knight i dont like at all

Last edited:
Whilst it'd be plain wrong to say that @FallenangelGparsons opinion doesn't count for much (he is, afterall, probably the most prolific party-goer on the forum! :lol: ), it is fair to say that his opinion often goes against the grain of general consensus.

If you like Defected's output as a label and are big on their roster of DJs I think you will enjoy yourself just fine! ;)

Does seem like it has been v.busy from reports. Though I get a sense there are a lot of freebies/discounts going around
Sounds good for me then! :) shame I didn't hear about discounts floating around before I got tickets haha but never mind I'm certain I'll have a good time!

Back