*** Ibiza 2017 observations ***

This.

I have my whole parenthood to be paying through the teeth for holidays. I think I'll be sticking to May, June, Sept & October until then

*excluding public hols and half term, obvz
before children set in with us, First week in two weeks in July was a favourite.

I like to go out the 2nd weekend in July, the island is really into the swing of things without being too horribly busy. I've debated late June and early September but always gone against it because I've thought things might be a bit too quiet/weather more hit and miss, but perhaps that's just really stupid. I did the first week of September when I was 18 and it was glorious, and I went in August last year (no choice) and got stuck on a boat in a thunderstorm.

I like to go out the 2nd weekend in July, the island is really into the swing of things without being too horribly busy. I've debated late June and early September but always gone against it because I've thought things might be a bit too quiet/weather more hit and miss, but perhaps that's just really stupid. I did the first week of September when I was 18 and it was glorious, and I went in August last year (no choice) and got stuck on a boat in a thunderstorm.
Weather can be weird at that tail end of August. In 2010, we went last week Aug for 8 nights and the last two days there was a noticeable difference as it went from us being "hotter than a snakes ass in a wagon rut" to like a half decent UK summers day. Ive had some bad experiences in September.

One of the weakest Cocoon's of the whole season anyway at least on paper. Would love to know how both of those other events were though as Ame = my favorite +1 (and generally one of my favorites besides) and Sven at Rumors looked crackin to say the least judging from pictures anyway. As i love Destino and love Sven seems like an all around amazing combo, I actually saw Guy Gerber today on the Output rooftop in Brooklyn so I think this was the only Rumors he was scheduled to miss and he was very much on point as usual.

ok so quick round up from last night

rumors at destino first - got there at 8ish which was a perfect time to arrive. dj three playing and it quickly got busy. sven played 9 to 12 and he was in a great mood. thought the vibe was generally fantastic and everyone had a really good time. party continued inside tox afterwards, but not with sven. I actually don't know who played - I guess destino residents - but couldn't tell for sure.

we then first went to pacha for a little - seeing kristian from âme warming up. was on the quiet side of things then and so we decided to check out sankeys for a change in the meantime. abode was very busy. not my cuppa musically (same old tech house), but the party was certainly a success.

went back to pacha for the b2b session in the wee morning hours and that was much better. solomun and âme seemingly enjoyed it as did the crowd. was perfectly busy by then (but again, keeping in mind it was a quiet week and that showed, even there). music stopped exactly at 8:00am.

just had a quick nap in the morning - but tonight I'll hug my pillow (and my gf) early ;)

ok so quick round up from last night

rumors at destino first - got there at 8ish which was a perfect time to arrive. dj three playing and it quickly got busy. sven played 9 to 12 and he was in a great mood. thought the vibe was generally fantastic and everyone had a really good time. party continued inside tox afterwards, but not with sven. I actually don't know who played - I guess destino residents - but couldn't tell for sure.

we then first went to pacha for a little - seeing kristian from âme warming up. was on the quiet side of things then and so we decided to check out sankeys for a change in the meantime. abode was very busy. not my cuppa musically (same old tech house), but the party was certainly a success.

went back to pacha for the b2b session in the wee morning hours and that was much better. solomun and âme seemingly enjoyed it as did the crowd. was perfectly busy by then (but again, keeping in mind it was a quiet week and that showed, even there). music stopped exactly at 8:00am.

just had a quick nap in the morning - but tonight I'll hug my pillow (and my gf) early ;)
Keep these reports coming pls , us old gits love the scene but only have 1 night a week in us !!

I am so jealous of this! As said above think he is my favourite +1 of all time

One of the weakest Cocoon's of the whole season anyway at least on paper.

What do you think about July 10th(Richie, sven, Allicante, Sonja moonear) and 17th cocoon dates(Ricardo, Dorian Paic, Nina, Carl Craig, Tini)

I think they're kinda weak myself. But tbh on the 10th the only thing that matters is Richie and Sven in terrace as I would ignore everything else in the main room because of this

But tbh on the 10th the only thing that matters is Richie and Sven in terrace

Bingo. I would choose the 10th out of the two dates for my preference but all things considering what else would you really do on a Monday besides maybe take a night off.

What do you think about July 10th(Richie, sven, Allicante, Sonja moonear) and 17th cocoon dates(Ricardo, Dorian Paic, Nina, Carl Craig, Tini)

I think they're kinda weak myself. But tbh on the 10th the only thing that matters is Richie and Sven in terrace as I would ignore everything else in the main room because of this

You think those two line-ups are weak? Assume you are joking...

Back