*** Ibiza 2017 observations ***

Solomon was amazing yesterday at pacha, loved it!! Was not feeling his +1 patrick bauchel! Music on amazing also, surprised the music was on point!
Cocoon very quiete adam beyer was quite good but did play some weird indian music at one point and liked sven towards the end, left at 6:30 as had to leave for airport at 9:00am.

Cocoon quiet eh? Didn't expect that.....hopefully it'll pick up. How packed was Solomon?

the first week of june is always quiet.
solomun was much busier, although far from packed. and pacha is half the size of amnesia keep that in mind

For me best time between June and September are definitely September !
Better educated crowd, bit older too, party goes longer , many more dj enjoying themselves as the festival season is almost finish , very good vibe and the island , the only thing which is better in June is the weather ( September can be rainy for a few days ) and June get obviously more hours of day light .

ok so here´s a bit of feedback about last night

was at dc10 first for the garden session, got there at 8pm and thus got leon vynehall first and then damian lazarus. though vynehall was very good, playing stuff I´d never heard before. lazarus was solid, but didn´t blow me away in the way he did when he played the dc10 opening two weeks back. the garden got to a ´perfectly busy´state but never packed. then we quickly went inside, stayed in main room where ben ufo bit by bit got going, but I didn´t feel it and I just knew I didn´t want to miss gerd janson at cocoon. so hopped in a taxi at 1am. my friends all stayed at dc10. I heard the main room died down a bit later and the terrace stayed busy.

and over to cocoon. I knew that this week would probably be the quietest monday all summer. that was not just a gut feeling of mine, but years of proving that week two is always a tough one for any promoter in a big venue - people either come for openings or then they start coming from mid june onwards. so all promoters starting at end of may normally have a dip right after they´ve opened until numbers then pick up again second half of june. so with that explained I was aware it wasn´t going to be an overly busy cocoon. there were also a lot less of friends and familiar faces around - it´s the same for them, everyone shows up at the opening, but then they only come back at a later point because of work - or maybe also just because everyone knew that last night was going to be a comfy busy one over at dc10 and thus decided to simply stay there instead of coming over to cocoon afterwards.

I think I did say at some point last week that I wasn´t blown away by cocoon opening this year personally, so I went with big hopes for a better one musically last night - and I can wholeheartedly say I got what I wanted. gerd janson was ace - I hope he´ll show up more this summer (probably more dates at dc10?), I want to see more of that guy.

and sven got it right last night in my books. a very very powerful set, basically a main room set played over on the terrace. over the course of the night I picked up these tunes...

keith carnal - illusion
paul nazca - memory
laurent garnier 1-4 doctor c´est chouette
the mule - human machine
reform - queen of hearts (fenckler remix)
moderat - running (shed remix)
kink - chorus

I've got Solomun for my 40th birthday on 1st October - would you expect that to be full??

hard to say right now...but it looks as though there won´t be much else going on that night, so right now I´d say probably yes. there´s a possibility of another big event but that´s still up in the air

keith carnal - illusion
paul nazca - memory
laurent garnier 1-4 doctor c´est chouette
the mule - human machine
reform - queen of hearts (fenckler remix)
moderat - running (shed remix)
kink - chorus

What a playlist!! :eek:

KiNK - Chorus is an unbelievable track isn't it? I first heard it on Sven's Caprices Festival set from earlier this year. So uplifting and powerful. I can't wait to hear that on the terrace sound system later on this summer.

Does someone have photo or video of privilege and hi? (better when it's empty to see the transformation of both of them)
Been looking around but can't find anything...

KiNK - Chorus is an unbelievable track isn't it? I first heard it on Sven's Caprices Festival set from earlier this year. So uplifting and powerful. I can't wait to hear that on the terrace sound system later on this summer.

yes sounded fantastic.

Solomon was amazing yesterday at pacha, loved it!! Was not feeling his +1 patrick bauchel! Music on amazing also, surprised the music was on point!
Cocoon very quiete adam beyer was quite good but did play some weird indian music at one point and liked sven towards the end, left at 6:30 as had to leave for airport at 9:00am.

Patrice Bäumel you mean. Hmm i saw him in November and he was admittadely only "okay". First time i saw him earlier in 2016 he played way better. His production is nuts, but this goes to show that maybe not all producers are amazing DJs automatically. What was wrong specifically?

:D

Regarding Gerd, I really think he is the type of DJs you want to see play an all nighter, and not a 90 minutes set at DC10.
At least at Cocoon he got his 3 hours...
Saw Gerd b2b Prins Thomas a couple of years ago. They smashed it, very versatile

Back