*** Ibiza 2017 observations ***

Tbh I admin a fb group and occasional msg about dodgy or dangerous stuff is ok. But degenerates into discussions that should probs best be direct messages.

Hard balancing act. Also liability issues too.

I was there yesterday, my first time at eden. By far the best party this week. It was definitely not packed, but good vibes and a lot of fun. I expect an outstanding night for an underrated club :)

was just gonna reply. opening very busy, week two quieter and last night as per above

dc10 is 50€ on door. it is more expensive than it used to be, but someone made the very valid point that if you want, you get over 12hrs of quality music (4pm-5:30am) whereas at other venues you get half of that for the same price.

leon vynehall nicely working the garden as we speak. and I'll sign out for today now so speak to you all tomorrow :)

dc10 is 50€ on door. it is more expensive than it used to be, but someone made the very valid point that if you want, you get over 12hrs of quality music (4pm-5:30am) whereas at other venues you get half of that for the same price.

leon vynehall nicely working the garden as we speak. and I'll sign out for today now so speak to you all tomorrow :)
you know it's monday when Stivi is off-line:D

Reactions: M.E
If anyone sees gerd janson at cocoon tonight I'd be interested to hear how he plays. Enjoying listening to him at the minute

Wonder who this could be?

I've had a look at the line-ups, and surprised that any command such a fee. Unless there is a tour manager who doubles-up with multiple artists and the DJ in question wasn't actually playing? Maybe they were just visiting anyway, I dunno?

Seems a bit odd. I've heard quite a bit of (isolated) disco at DC10, and I'm far from a regular.

I've had a look at the line-ups, and surprised that any command such a fee. Unless there is a tour manager who doubles-up with multiple artists and the DJ in question wasn't actually playing? Maybe they were just visiting anyway, I dunno?

Seems a bit odd. I've heard quite a bit of (isolated) disco at DC10, and I'm far from a regular.

I've seen Soul Clap there before, and they defo played some disco. Surely people like Gerd Janson have dropped it into a set there too

it's a pretty brave DJ that will play disco to a tech crowd I think. (I mean the underground shit, not your wedding cheesers). Especially anyone trying to 'cross over'. I'm well into it but sometimes forget that the crowd I'm in with is pretty small and all know each other but the wider, younger mainstream has never really caught on (the odd DFA, Perm Vac or Environ banger aside) unless I'm very out of touch here.

Felix Dickinson plays loads of twisted disco - worth going to any night just to check him out. one of the best in the business. Also Pippi, Willy Graff, Harvey and the Melon Bomb lot too - on what I've heard they all really mix it up which is how it should be done imo

Back