*** Ibiza 2017 observations ***

some quick observations about my 2 cocoon nights:

sven all night long in the mainroom: perfectly busy, with enough space. sven's set was good though I have to say I've already heard more inspired sets of him. somehow he lacked the weird stuff he sometimes plays :)
didn't really like redshape live and was disappointed about zip, as I had a great time when I heard him last, but not this night. villalobos started solid but played nothing that would keep me away from sven any longer so returned to main for the rest of the night :)

my second cocoon with sven/alicante/kraviz suffered a little from carola playing over at dc10 (numbers wise) but atmosphere, especially for kraviz, was something else!

was disappointed about zip, as I had a great time when I heard him last, but not this night.

I wonder if he is just having a bad summer... I love Zip and caught him for a pretty long extended set in Ny in July and thought it was monotonous and really lacking his normal funky rhythms. Had previously seen him i think 3x before and far exceeded what i heard most recently.

Can you let me know bar prices at Sol house please? Cheers

Beer ( Cruzcampo) was under 4 for 2/3rds of a pint. Vodka (Absolut) and coke (can) was 10. But I get a discount since I stay here and have a wristband. I think. Must of with the beer, maybe not the vodka.

Rooftop Nine on the 6th floor has amazing views over the bay to San An and across to Cafe Mambo.

Lots of beautiful people before it got dark. Cool and chilled tunes. I like it. Nice place to end the afternoon and start the evening. Really nice setup.

Unfortunately they are closing at 10pm from today.

Edit, just spotted the receipt. 7 for the vodka, 3 for the coke.

Last edited:
Beer ( Cruzcampo) was under 4 for 2/3rds of a pint. Vodka (Absolut) and coke (can) was 10. But I get a discount since I stay here and have a wristband. I think. Must of with the beer, maybe not the vodka.

Rooftop Nine on the 6th floor has amazing views over the bay to San An and across to Cafe Mambo.

Lots of beautiful people before it got dark. Cool and chilled tunes. I like it. Nice place to end the afternoon and start the evening. Really nice setup.

Unfortunately they are closing at 10pm from today.

Edit, just spotted the receipt. 7 for the vodka, 3 for the coke.
I'm staying there too so appreciate your taking time to feedback, thanks

First observations of this trip is how quiet it is around den bossa at night.I know it's October but it's definitely changed.
Prices are still on the up too

Quick question about the current weather.

I’m flying out Saturday afternoon and back Sunday afternoon for Music On Closing. What the weather been like of s morning debating if I should bring a jumper with as havnt got a hotel.

I’m flying out Saturday afternoon and back Sunday afternoon for Music On Closing. What the weather been like of s morning debating if I should bring a jumper with as havnt got a hotel.

you´ll be fine without ....you´ll be clubbing anyway.

I always take my Cotton Traders or Regatta fleece

I always take my Cotton Traders or Regatta fleece
Ill make a last minute decision on it! Its more the fact my flight isn't until 12 in the afternoon so if Music On finishes at 7:30 like the others have I could be outside for quite a while!

Ill make a last minute decision on it! Its more the fact my flight isn't until 12 in the afternoon so if Music On finishes at 7:30 like the others have I could be outside for quite a while!
Doubt it’ll be cold enough for a jumper

or sometimes I take this, I can tie round my waist if too hot
Free-shipping-3XL-2012-old-age-cardigan-men-s-wool-blending-V-neck-thickening-type-quinquagenarian.jpg

Back