*** Ibiza 2017 observations ***

Looks like for Amnesia closing they steered away from trying to bring "big, big" names and curated a really nice lineup. Besides that insanely ridiculous Afterlife/Privilege closing lineup, I think there's stands out as the most interesting in my opinion. Whether or not they were going for something different or were just left with piecing it together seems like it should work nicely. Also for anyone actually going, hopefully they give the Better Lost than Stupid trio a nice extended set on the terrace because the three of them together are just ridiculous (caught them at BPM for a 5 hour or so set and it was one of the highlights of 2017.

Looks like for Amnesia closing they steered away from trying to bring "big, big" names and curated a really nice lineup. Besides that insanely ridiculous Afterlife/Privilege closing lineup, I think there's stands out as the most interesting in my opinion. Whether or not they were going for something different or were just left with piecing it together seems like it should work nicely. Also for anyone actually going, hopefully they give the Better Lost than Stupid trio a nice extended set on the terrace because the three of them together are just ridiculous (caught them at BPM for a 5 hour or so set and it was one of the highlights of 2017.
yeah, agree with what you say about the big big names, they've almost got a great lineup despite themselves I think. looking fwd to BLTS, so I'm glad to hear you say that about their bpm set. fingers crossed they get 5hrs here too. also think lazarus will be good, first time he's played amnesia apparently. plus it's amnesia closing, it's always great :)

Any idea on what booth Carola will use for the closing tonight/tomorrow? Curious if he'll use the little one he used at the opening or stick with the usual one.

yeah, agree with what you say about the big big names, they've almost got a great lineup despite themselves I think. looking fwd to BLTS, so I'm glad to hear you say that about their bpm set. fingers crossed they get 5hrs here too. also think lazarus will be good, first time he's played amnesia apparently. plus it's amnesia closing, it's always great :)

amnesia just got the permit to stay open until 12 noon for their closing so you can expect a decent length set. don´t expect 5hrs though.

Any idea on what booth Carola will use for the closing tonight/tomorrow? Curious if he'll use the little one he used at the opening or stick with the usual one.

lateral one a little birdie tells me.

correction to my first post above:

- regular booth tonight

- lateral booth setup for saturday

Line up does look good. Was a little surprised to hear that Damian Lazarus has never played Amnesia before.

those 5/6pm close days are over mate. I´ll miss amnesia closing this year because I´ll be off-island, but to be honest, 4 hours of daylit amnesia terrace will be great and is still more than what anyone else got this summer.
double shame ! but yeah, 4 hrs on the terrace is enough to last me through the winter

Yeah I'm hoping it goes on till more like 08:30-9, if it stops at 7:30 and the comedown kicks in ill be wanting something to put on while standing in a que waiting for a Taxi to the aiport! Might try dig out a very light zip up I can easily tie round my waste just for the plane home.
You wont even need it, the night is still nicely warm, i shud know, I go out half nacked!

Christ it really carries doesn't it!
Out of order that, no way you'd be able to sleep with that going, and on a random Monday/tuesday in October you'd have work or school.

An old friend of mine got locked up out there. It was probably about 2000/2001. He said one of the worst things about it at first,was that you could here the music from amnesia,whilst you were locked up in your cell at night....

i do somehow understand the neighbours, i also would not be able to sleep. but on the other hand, isnt it a loud area like that since about 20+ years, anyone that moved there recently should have known, dunno if the rental prices in that area are cheaper then in other places on the island.

I think its just more that they ran the Garden til 2am and there was loud music outdoors after midnight. The club itself isn't an issue. Now there are no clubs with loud outdoor music after midnight - the exception is Ushuaia opening/closing, but that is at least on a weekend.

Yeah I guess so - maybe not every week but some exceptions?.....Its all fine until its on your doorstep for 5/6 months of the year!

I'm sounding old!

Back