*** Ibiza 2017 observations ***

I agree, it is a pain in the jacksie when you're trying to sleep. one of our neighbours has reggaeton on all the time, and it makes me homicidal

.. in that it didn't really have a "solid" season? I know about mosaic not doing well but the others?

apart from labyrinth which had a decent first season pretty much all nights were down in comparison to 2016, including solomun

Horrible music, horrible people. True fact.

Surely not?
gallery_8878303-low_res-people-just-do-nothing.jpg

apart from labyrinth which had a decent first season pretty much all nights were down in comparison to 2016, including solomun

wow. I can imagine nights like guetta, solveig and flower power have become quite stale but really surprised about solomun down in numbers.

wow. I can imagine nights like guetta, solveig and flower power have become quite stale but really surprised about solomun down in numbers.

a bit yeah. saga at heart next door and defected at eden were real competitors. plus, for the first half of the season ticket prices were simply too high

just to point out though - solomun still had a fantastic season. the decrease in numbers for him was minimal. don‘t misinterpret my earlier statements re this

I make those comments based on experiences of nearly being glassed at a Litten Tree in South London in 2000 and having researched that scene further. Any copper will confirm what I said, which is why so many councils stopped issuing licences for those gigs. I don't want to see that shit or those elements infiltrate Ibiza, otherwise it's game over.

Firstly I'm with you on the music front. I would prefer less mainstream music on Ibz and think there is too much of it. But money talks I guess.

I get what you're saying but I think uk garage suffered from its popularity amongst certain characters...people who were nowhere near it when it sprang to life.

Sorry about your experience mate. Those people aren't fans of any music, they're just moody people. I don't believe those people would bother travelling to Ibiza to hear the music, as they need to stay home and protect their postcode, spot outside the happy shopper, or whatever other turf they like their pointless aggro over.

Remember, grime and drum and bass acts have appeared on Ibiza with no bother that I know of. Craig David is packing them in at Ibiza rocks trouble-free.

I wouldn't worry too much.

never had any problems at the jungle/dnb nights I went to. Or real garage nights (as in US gararge - not UK garridge!)

the problems were always at rnb / UKG / or general commercial 'townie' venues - not been for many years, but can't imagine the scene's changed that much

Anyone pre-ordered the limited edition Space vinyl set? Rather tempted but 70 quid for 3 vinyls and a little book seems abit steep!!

Guess some things will never change in Ibiza :p

Back