*** Ibiza 2017 observations ***

Now that I have time i'm going to write some observations I made on my trip to Ibiza from 31st july to 6th august. It has been my 4th year in a row going to Ibiza

31st july Circoloco - I was worried about circoloco being rammed, but fortunately it was perfectly busy that day. Kerri Chandler's set was great. Vodka lemonade drinks cost 15€ which I found it ok for Ibiza. The only bad thing is that this was the only venue I went this year where people smoked inside and by the end of the night the place was full of smoke Anyway, I love DC-10 because it has the most underground vibe.

1st august Mosaic by Maceo Plex - Ben Klock was very good but Maceo's set was boring. Also, when I visit pacha I like to go up to the terrace on the first floor and it was closed! They only had open the main room. I should have gone to resistance but my friends wanted to go to pacha

2nd august game over - the venue is amazing. It was my first time here and it really surprised me. It is different from any other club I have gone to. I also like the format of unannounced djs. The crowd was one of the best ones in the island and when it finished at 23:00 we went to the west end (Koppas) to carry on which is our favourite pub

3rd august cream - Fatboy Slim played a lot of housy tracks. His music was very groovy and far from being EDM. It reminded me to the defected in the house style. The only bad thing was that the music was extremely loud. I don't like trance so I only stayed in the main room for 2 minutes

5th august privilege - it was the bbc radio 1 event and there were 3 different types of music. It is fun to explore the place when all the rooms are open and I liked to see privilege in full swing. Many young people in this party, but also in circoloco and game over.

I also noticed some of the things told in the forum.
1. Some nights maybe had 75% boys 25% girls (and the ideal would be 50%/50%:D)
2. Slightly less people than other years (which it was better for me because 2016 was a madness)

I was planning to go the week after, in fact I had a better lineup than your 3 parties. But as I explained to you, I ran out of energy that day cuz I went to Formentera in the daytime and the partying was getting too much. I couldn't plan Formentera on any other day. Tix sold out the day before too for El Row.

I know Hï gets a bad rap, but I genuinely liked Black Coffees night. It was busy but you still had room to dance and him and Damian Lazarus went B2B at the end. Something like that isn't gonna happen again and I was do happy to be a part of it. I shook Black Coffees hand and you guys know only one arm of his works too!

I got compliments about my Space shirt too inside haha.
Loved that u wore a space shirt there!

5jwd9k.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::spank:

Anyone who has been to an Amnesia closing before what the deal with getting cabs after?

After Cocoon closing last year there was like 1 turning up every 10 minutes with a very long que once it had finished!

I was wondering where it goes on a lot longer what is the ques like at lets say 10 in the morning? Trying to plan a solo one nighter for it!

Anyone who has been to an Amnesia closing before what the deal with getting cabs after?

After Cocoon closing last year there was like 1 turning up every 10 minutes with a very long que once it had finished!

I was wondering where it goes on a lot longer what is the ques like at lets say 10 in the morning? Trying to plan a solo one nighter for it!

Been a couple of times mate and just your luck. I've been out at all hours and got one immediately and other times I've waited for ages. No logic behind it, I guess it depends how many drivers are on shift etc.

Now that I have time i'm going to write some observations I made on my trip to Ibiza from 31st july to 6th august. It has been my 4th year in a row going to Ibiza

31st july Circoloco - I was worried about circoloco being rammed, but fortunately it was perfectly busy that day. Kerri Chandler's set was great. Vodka lemonade drinks cost 15€ which I found it ok for Ibiza. The only bad thing is that this was the only venue I went this year where people smoked inside and by the end of the night the place was full of smoke Anyway, I love DC-10 because it has the most underground vibe.

1st august Mosaic by Maceo Plex - Ben Klock was very good but Maceo's set was boring. Also, when I visit pacha I like to go up to the terrace on the first floor and it was closed! They only had open the main room. I should have gone to resistance but my friends wanted to go to pacha

2nd august game over - the venue is amazing. It was my first time here and it really surprised me. It is different from any other club I have gone to. I also like the format of unannounced djs. The crowd was one of the best ones in the island and when it finished at 23:00 we went to the west end (Koppas) to carry on which is our favourite pub

3rd august cream - Fatboy Slim played a lot of housy tracks. His music was very groovy and far from being EDM. It reminded me to the defected in the house style. The only bad thing was that the music was extremely loud. I don't like trance so I only stayed in the main room for 2 minutes

5th august privilege - it was the bbc radio 1 event and there were 3 different types of music. It is fun to explore the place when all the rooms are open and I liked to see privilege in full swing. Many young people in this party, but also in circoloco and game over.

I also noticed some of the things told in the forum.
1. Some nights maybe had 75% boys 25% girls (and the ideal would be 50%/50%:D)
2. Slightly less people than other years (which it was better for me because 2016 was a madness)

75% 25% is it that bad?

what nights?

Been a couple of times mate and just your luck. I've been out at all hours and got one immediately and other times I've waited for ages. No logic behind it, I guess it depends how many drivers are on shift etc.

I actually thought the taxi situation was the best i've seen it this year, had no trouble getting one anywhere and didn't use one illegal one like we have done out of desperation before.

terrace of pacha was closed the 1st of august! Never ever heard this before , i mean yeah , not opening the terrace beginning of June can happen but beginning of august it's crazy !
Maceo doesn't have lot of luck in Ibiza , first 2 years competing against Carl cox at space and Amnesia and now against Privilege, hi and Amnesia !

I think it´s only for mosaic that the terrace isn´t open.

gonna ask a friend who works at pacha to see what´s the current situation.

confirmed. currently the terrace is open on every night apart from tuesdays. this might change again in september when other nights get a little quieter - as in june when the terrace is closed sometimes. and while I love pacha´s rooftop terrace (because it´s so ibiza), I personally don´t think it´s a big downer if it´s closed - you can still have a breather and smoke and chat with people in the patio right after the main entrance and before you get inside the venue. I´ve spent countless hours there over the years.

Back