*** Ibiza 2017 observations ***

The venue is amazing. I'd go multiple times if you can before the summer is over. It's probably one of the best venues I've ever been to.

The TOU party was pretty good. My one gripe with parties in America is that the crowd's energy is usually lower than in Europe. People either don't know much about the music or they over endulge on substances.

Yeah the crowd is better in Ibiza and girls are hotter and they actually give you the time of day. But I don't know, could be vacation effect

The venue is amazing. I'd go multiple times if you can before the summer is over. It's probably one of the best venues I've ever been to.

The TOU party was pretty good. My one gripe with parties in America is that the crowd's energy is usually lower than in Europe. People either don't know much about the music or they over endulge on substances.

Are you from New York? I mean generally its just not my type of place and I cant stand the crowd which Cityfox partys draw here. No party held there will ever compare to Dixon and Ame doing solo sets and then a 4 hour b2b in 2015 in my opinion. It still ranks as one of the best I've been to back before they glitz and glammed the place up which is also not for me.

Don't get me wrong as i said I'll make the visit for Kristian because I hold him in very high regard as one of my personal favorites, but one trip to the mirage is plenty for me. And also you are correct, American crowds typically are shit compared to Europe with exception of a few underground partys (especially these days which is why i tend to be much more selective going out at home).

More recently Thugf***er and Adriatique played a great one there. Missing Mano and Niggemann there this weekend and wifey is pissed about that.

Pissed off i missed that one, weather was perfect too and I am a big fan of Thuggy. I saw Niggemann in Miami last year and despite enjoying sets of his posted online, i did not enjoy him live. Mano for me is hit or miss, loved him a few times, didn't think much him last time I caught him at BPM. Im tempted to stop in for Job and Atish in Sept but again i think im limiting my Mirage visit to 1 and that'll be for Kristian.

Probably nothing new but when getting DC10 tickets paid €52 for it yet the ticket said do not pay more than €50 for it. Mentioned this to the ticket stall and she said "yep - it is crazy right".

Thought I have never seen it online for less than €53 and for the sake of €2 I didn't bother arguing with the girl

Curious to know how much it was at the door I had a look and it was €60

So question is can you actually pay someone €50 for these tickets?

Doing Circoloco on Monday and still am yet to find tickets and line-up for it

Probably nothing new but when getting DC10 tickets paid €52 for it yet the ticket said do not pay more than €50 for it. Mentioned this to the ticket stall and she said "yep - it is crazy right".

Thought I have never seen it online for less than €53 and for the sake of €2 I didn't bother arguing with the girl

Line up will be out later today, don't know in relation to tickets

for years we've been saying that in regards to tickets / presale, dc10 is an exception to the rest. buy your ticket at the door and in you go. only for dc10 closing party I'd consider getting them in pre-sale really

I think Tale of Us who had been hit or miss for me lately played very good. Was bored with Bodzin compared to his massive and energetic set at Afterlife Off Sonar party a couple weeks before. Recondite also has played better. Overall very fun party but musically so so but TOU saved the day and were on point I think.

More recently Thugf***er and Adriatique played a great one there. Missing Mano and Niggemann there this weekend and wifey is pissed about that.
Line up of the summer for me so far last thursday. Anybody going this week? Interested to see how jamie jones gets on

We did the sunset thing on the beach just passed Cafe Mambo - took some beers was great - only annoying bit was the constant flow of lucky lucky men just selling the same tat. I know everyone is trying to make a living but it was every minute or two.

We did the sunset thing on the beach just passed Cafe Mambo - took some beers was great - only annoying bit was the constant flow of lucky lucky men just selling the same tat. I know everyone is trying to make a living but it was every minute or two.

Yep - especially when you are about to take a photo and they just appear right in between you stood with the camera and the people posing. Trying to sell ket spoons

I actually had big momma's house come up to me trying to grab my hand and I said "No" in a raised voice. She shouted "fu^k off you bumbaclart". We all chuckled about it

But they are surely out in force trying to get these bracelets on your wrist

And also you are correct, American crowds typically are shit compared to Europe with exception of a few underground partys (especially these days which is why i tend to be much more selective going out at home).

i met some cool people in LA a couple of years back (putting on warehouse parties) - check out dublab if ever you're over there

Yep - especially when you are about to take a photo and they just appear right in between you stood with the camera and the people posing. Trying to sell ket spoons

I actually had big momma's house come up to me trying to grab my hand and I said "No" in a raised voice. She shouted "fu^k off you bumbaclart". We all chuckled about it

I agree it is really annoying and sometimes intimidating - kind of feel sorry for them too though. you have to ask how they even got on the island in the first place....

I agree it is really annoying and sometimes intimidating - kind of feel sorry for them too though. you have to ask how they even got on the island in the first place....
I spoke to one who seemed genuine and he said he came over on a boat and he was from Senegal. They have dealers on the streets and people on lookouts in the rooms above the bars etc when there is police about they give them the heads up to move on. I have seen this happen

A big moma tried to sell herself to us in the Westend, we said no and she didn't make a fuss, about 30mins later she chased away a pick pocket who was getting too close to my friend who was really drunk, she said to watch out for that guy and others, Big respect to her for that.

Ha was she jamaican bumbaclart is a jamican word ha..not that u wud know lol

Are you from New York? I mean generally its just not my type of place and I cant stand the crowd which Cityfox partys draw here. No party held there will ever compare to Dixon and Ame doing solo sets and then a 4 hour b2b in 2015 in my opinion. It still ranks as one of the best I've been to back before they glitz and glammed the place up which is also not for me.

Don't get me wrong as i said I'll make the visit for Kristian because I hold him in very high regard as one of my personal favorites, but one trip to the mirage is plenty for me. And also you are correct, American crowds typically are shit compared to Europe with exception of a few underground partys (especially these days which is why i tend to be much more selective going out at home).

Yes, been going out here for a long time. I think the Brooklyn mirage/cityfox crowds are fine considering the size. Very diverse and not too many douches. The venue itself is the best in the area and maybe in the entire country. I can hardly notice a difference between the 2015 version, not much glitz and glam imo. I was at the Dixon party as well. Great party and not that different than the parties they've been throwing this year imo.

Last edited:
for years we've been saying that in regards to tickets / presale, dc10 is an exception to the rest. buy your ticket at the door and in you go. only for dc10 closing party I'd consider getting them in pre-sale really

Is it really €60 on the door these days?

It's a shame there are people who are convinced an African immigrant's sole purpose on ibiza is to rob or con tourists. A lot of these people are very poor, and in desperate situations. I'd be a bit more pushy if I was in their position and so would you. They aren't trying to ruin your moment, they're trying to get by. Also don't forget cultural differences can mean what we brits consider pushy isn't a problem to people from other countries.
It seems people have no problems paying hundreds to drug dealers (coz he seems sound and says it's proper gear) or buying €500 bottles of vodka (€60 in airport) in clubs which have been linked to tax evasion.

It's a shame there are people who are convinced an African immigrant's sole purpose on ibiza is to rob or con tourists. A lot of these people are very poor, and in desperate situations. I'd be a bit more pushy if I was in their position and so would you. They aren't trying to ruin your moment, they're trying to get by. Also don't forget cultural differences can mean what we brits consider pushy isn't a problem to people from other countries.
It seems people have no problems paying hundreds to drug dealers (coz he seems sound and says it's proper gear) or buying €500 bottles of vodka (€60 in airport) in clubs which have been linked to tax evasion.
Exactly. Always find the looky looky guys sound. The restraint they show sometimes in not kicking the shit out of some people is amazing considering the abuse they take.
These guys are from Senegal and trying to make some sort of life. Trudging up and down beaches trying to sell stuff to obnoxious wankers all day can't be easy.
Often sat and had a joint and chat to them especially when the police are on the beach, often have amazing stories to tell.

i met some cool people in LA a couple of years back (putting on warehouse parties) - check out dublab if ever you're over there

Unfortunately i dont get out west much, but there are def some cool people and underground events happening out there. In Ny its gotten much much harder due to increased police presence out there really going after these events. Blk Market was strong for 9 years and have since disbanded due to these harder times. Resolute is still going strong but is hit or miss lately, while Unter/Bunker are two the best and still very "underground" events. And just to add a little more to that a place like Output which is known as the again "underground" club in Brooklyn has now become completely mainstream in my opinion. Sorry for spinning this off topic but thought it was worth sharing in case anyone was indeed interested.

I think the Brooklyn mirage/cityfox crowds are fine considering the size. Very diverse and not too many douches.

You must not have been to Ariatique for their closing party in 2015. I would consider it in the top 5 worst things I've ever attended. This year supposedly they purposefully tried to combat that type of crowd with that Visionnaire app, I couldn't say because i haven't attended one yet.

Back