*** Ibiza 2017 observations ***

shine on you crazy diamond. imagine that, just as the sun comes up behind the hills and vista club is a sea of ravers all oozing happiness and euphoria. fantastic moment, I'm seriously having goosebumps right now typing this.

sounds mega, would love to have experienced that!

Sorry I've not been keeping up to date on the Forum.

Few questions

1. Hows Defected fairing at Eden?
2. Hows Black Coffee getting on at HI; is he attracting the numbers for a second season thus far?
3. How is Sankeys getting on this season? Whats the busiest night.
4. Thursday nights ... Who's been most successful on the island?

alright so...

1. defected does alright. not packing out the club, but busy enough. eden´s busiest night.

2. black coffee...haven´t been for a while now, but as far as I can tell, the theatre is normally VERY busy while the club isn´t as much (that is basically the case for almost all hi nights currently). also, numbers are just one factor. how many people are actually paying full whack to get in...that´s an entirely different ball game. but they do get the numbers in by promoting the night heavily inside ants and outside too with wristbands...and then it´s really just a 1min walk to go and check ibiza´s newest venue. lots of people do that...and then go to elrow, which is the absolute sat night champion.

3. sankeys is doing OK generally (especially considering the general performance of all the clubs curently), but success varies lots. dance 88/89 was just pulled while ABODE on the other hand is packing out the club. between the two extremes lie all the other nights.

4. in absolute numbers? probably still cream. but amnesia is huge as you all know and cream isn´t completely packing out the club right now. the thing is, on a thursday not many same sounding nights go up against each others and so most of them do OK (not like the tech war on tuesday nights).

anything else? ;)

What about Ushuaia @stivi ? Again another place not discussed all that much at the moment. I'm commenting from 5,000 miles away, so I may be taking shi_te but doesn't feel likes it's packing them in as much as last year?

What about Ushuaia @stivi ? Again another place not discussed all that much at the moment. I'm commenting from 5,000 miles away, so I may be taking shi_te but doesn't feel likes it's packing them in as much as last year?
I'd say the people commenting are not Ushuaia types ,
Think it's busy most days ,
What's there to say , edm shit around a big pool

back in 2014 when i first went to solomun vip in august, the vip area was pretty empty.

right now its for 330 euros for one person.

that says alot.

back in 2014 when i first went to solomun vip in august, the vip area was pretty empty.

right now its for 330 euros for one person.

that says alot.

Interesting you say that. Now statistically I may be wrong but back in say 2013 when Solomun was at Pacha and Sankeys I'd argue that this night almost started more from the VIP side than the normal punters side. While the night has been busy always, was only 2015/16 that a lot of people who would never go near Pacha started to give it a go. And now it's obviously one of the biggest nights on the island.

I sound like a broken record with Chandler! But yeah itd be nice if all of us Spotlighters could coordinate our trips! Next year I guess.... :( :( :(
What style did chandler play and what did he do to be so good? What I've heard of him lately is a huuuuuge departure from what made his name.

What style did chandler play and what did he do to be so good? What I've heard of him lately is a huuuuuge departure from what made his name.

Mixed donna summer into new order- blue Monday and proceeded to play a bunch of funky old tracks after for the next hour. It was really fun stuff! What's he playing lately?

Mixed donna summer into new order- blue Monday and proceeded to play a bunch of funky old tracks after for the next hour. It was really fun stuff! What's he playing lately?
Certainly not that according to YouTube! Great to hear. Sounds fun. Pleased you had a good time.

shine on you crazy diamond. imagine that, just as the sun comes up behind the hills and vista club is a sea of ravers all oozing happiness and euphoria. fantastic moment, I'm seriously having goosebumps right now typing this.

Some great tracks have been made from that guitar riff. Exhibit A from way back in the day, and one of my all-time faves (I think 03-04):

Vista club his a magic place , when you get the right party over there with the right crowd , it can't be bet it ! Maybe the best dance/rave place on the island !
Morning time with the sun rising up !
À tope ❤️

The Billka edit of that tune is fantastic

Back