*** Ibiza 2017 observations ***

Sorry I've not been keeping up to date on the Forum.

Few questions

1. Hows Defected fairing at Eden?
2. Hows Black Coffee getting on at HI; is he attracting the numbers for a second season thus far?
3. How is Sankeys getting on this season? Whats the busiest night.
4. Thursday nights ... Who's been most successful on the island?

Good questions above from Josh. I'm in the US mostly until August, so feel detached from things at the moment. Can't wait to get back to London and Ibiza.

The thing I'm not hearing from anyone much this season (on here or through friends)..... who is totally smashing it this year. Who is on the rise? Who is playing so well that you just have to see them regardless of where they are playing?

Kerri play a blinder somewhere one night/morning..other than that not much else has been said:eek: and cox is still packing them ino_O..

-Kolsch has been great both at Savannah and Hi, 10x better than Ants in 2015 when it was just tech house basically that went nowhere
-I was surprised with Pete Tong at Blue Marlin, played very well July 16th. It was an actual set with a proper journey, which I didn't hear sometimes from DJs. I'm not too familiar with his sets, it's been a while since I heard him live (2004) and he didn't have a proper set then. This sounded preplanned but I liked it a lot.
- Stephan Bodzin live is as awesome as the videos online. Go catch him no matter what.

Don't know what other observations I can make except that everyone I saw performed at my expectations or better. Event wise, Music On was surprisingly great as their lineups have some good variety this year. Also, I think musically Prydz Hï night really hit home with me personally especially with the lighting and production in sync to every part of the mixes. Vista room is something real special and I had two tear enducing moments with Bodzin and Chandler there. Probably one of the best clubbing moments ever.

if you're into that music fine.

I find it unbelievably soulless, predictable and most heinous of all:

BORING

Have to disagree completely. He put together a great set with an actual journey and progression, unlike some who may just play random. I know he might be a dick personally to some but I found it anything but boring, especially considering how many sets I heard up until I saw him.

re afterlife...went last night, basically just because friends were here...first went to can pilot (superb meat as always) and my intention was just to go for last bit of adriatique (very good) and then leave after âme live (equally good). stayed for a little longer and suddenly it was 7am. have to say I had gotten a bit tired of TOU in the last year or so, but I have to admit last night they were in fantastic form and to me they played more energetic and a bit more varied than they used to 2015-16.
finished by playing an edit of pink floyd while the sun was just coming up behind the hills...I personally think afterlife fits vista club so much better than space terraza (and that comes from someone who loved space).

At Junction 2 TOU played heavier than I've ever heard them, so hopefully this is a sign that they're mixing things up nowadays which can only be a good thing in my book

re afterlife...went last night, basically just because friends were here...first went to can pilot (superb meat as always) and my intention was just to go for last bit of adriatique (very good) and then leave after âme live (equally good). stayed for a little longer and suddenly it was 7am. have to say I had gotten a bit tired of TOU in the last year or so, but I have to admit last night they were in fantastic form and to me they played more energetic and a bit more varied than they used to 2015-16.
finished by playing an edit of pink floyd while the sun was just coming up behind the hills...I personally think afterlife fits vista club so much better than space terraza (and that comes from someone who loved space).

This is the night I'm most looking forward to I think! First one will be the Dixon and TOU one on 7 Sep. Two nice long sets hopefully!

Vista room is something real special and I had two tear enducing moments with Bodzin and Chandler there. Probably one of the best clubbing moments ever.

I really want to go out with you Nobbie! Love the passion.

sounds good. which pink floyd?

Back