*** Ibiza 2017 observations ***

What about Ushuaia @stivi ? Again another place not discussed all that much at the moment. I'm commenting from 5,000 miles away, so I may be taking shi_te but doesn't feel likes it's packing them in as much as last year?

I went to Ants July 8th and it was busy. I considered a great lineup ... Joris Voorn for 3 hours was nice along with Sneak and Gorgon City. I swear Sneak did a double take when he saw me...I've always seen him at Ants.

I don't think Ants lineups are as good this year overall as last. There's no Eats Everything, DJ Tennis, Tube and Burger etc. for some reason, but it was still pretty busy. Maybe because there's more guestlist options this year for it. I noticed the planes didn't directly fly overhead the crowd this time either, as that was another special thing about Ants. Maybe it was just an off day. I would think they're still packing it in.

I went to Ants July 8th and it was busy. I considered a great lineup ... Joris Voorn for 3 hours was nice along with Sneak and Gorgon City. I swear Sneak did a double take when he saw me...I've always seen him at Ants.

I don't think Ants lineups are as good this year overall as last. There's no Eats Everything, DJ Tennis, Tube and Burger etc. for some reason, but it was still pretty busy. Maybe because there's more guestlist options this year for it. I noticed the planes didn't directly fly overhead the crowd this time either, as that was another special thing about Ants. Maybe it was just an off day. I would think they're still packing it in.
We was there on 8th too! Probs walked past each other and would have never known :D

As for planes depends which way landing. Our hotel is effectively end of runway. If they are taking off over pdb they bank right quite quickly after take off over sea so not straight over ushuaia etc. If wind direction other way they land from pdb side and so over ushuaia etc.

Do we get a sense of hi making a play for a regular night with Joseph Capriati? Seems he could fit the bill?

I heard it a few weeks ago,sure it sounded great at sunrise..:) I do.like his stuff.. he did a good sade track few years ago..

Credit to johndiamond for "name that tune" couple of hours before me..:oops:
Hey man, no worries it's great that music that good is coming to people's attention.

Its not a competition brother! Unless of course it's a dance off, at which point I will unleash the pain like Ivan Dragon against Apollo Creed ;)

Adriatique, Ame, TOU in vista sounds like a dream.

The TOU set posted before is pretty good. Better than they played in NYC last month. Although it may have just been Recondite putting me to sleep before them.

Adriatique, Ame, TOU in vista sounds like a dream.

The TOU set posted before is pretty good. Better than they played in NYC last month. Although it may have just been Recondite putting me to sleep before them.

Agree that is a killer lineup, and im guessing you went to Cityfox over July 4th weekend? I was curious what that event was like as a whole? Having not been yet, I think im saving up my one visit for the closing for Kristian alone.

Agree that is a killer lineup, and im guessing you went to Cityfox over July 4th weekend? I was curious what that event was like as a whole? Having not been yet, I think im saving up my one visit for the closing for Kristian alone.

I think Tale of Us who had been hit or miss for me lately played very good. Was bored with Bodzin compared to his massive and energetic set at Afterlife Off Sonar party a couple weeks before. Recondite also has played better. Overall very fun party but musically so so but TOU saved the day and were on point I think.

More recently Thugf***er and Adriatique played a great one there. Missing Mano and Niggemann there this weekend and wifey is pissed about that.

The venue is amazing. I'd go multiple times if you can before the summer is over. It's probably one of the best venues I've ever been to.

The TOU party was pretty good. My one gripe with parties in America is that the crowd's energy is usually lower than in Europe. People either don't know much about the music or they over endulge on substances.

Back