*** Ibiza 2017 observations ***

To be honest as I've got older and follow the tunes less and less it's become more about the atmosphere for me and spending time with my pals. The music is always decent to be fair
I have different nights for different things. Always go clubbing with the mrs now and it's the music that's important. Time with mates is spent in the pub when I get chance! Football and cricket always involves the kids.

MusicOn had Closing Part 2 on the Saturday last year (from 6pm) if I recall. Never went, but I think some people raved about it.

I went to the music on closing part 2. It was really good. was originally supposed to be at cova santa but it got cancelled there, so its was held at Amnesia. Night didn't disappoint. Joey Daniel and Stacey Pullen were class and carola was on form.

it s all about the money bu it will be nice to have Marco(1 billion time Erick Morillo, i miss to take a pic when eric went to salute Marco) closing the terrace at midday for amnesia closin 17, include in the package of amnesia closing such as
amnesia ibz opening 40€ early bird and a lot of place to dance at 10h00am as a lot of people were K.O :D

it s all about the money bu it will be nice to have Marco(1 billion time Erick Morillo, i miss to take a pic when eric went to salute Marco) closing the terrace at midday for amnesia closin 17, include in the package of amnesia closing such as
amnesia ibz opening 40€ early bird and a lot of place to dance at 10h00am as a lot of people were K.O :D

I´m not sure music on closing will be amnesia closing this year gp. it might end up being it, but I do know that it is not the original plan.

I'm being lazy, but can you link the interview please :)

It's only in the print edition so far and in German :) But pretty outspoken and honest interview. most of what he said about ibiza/mosaic I have paraphrased in my post. the message of the interview is "I never really liked house, but it's that style that made me famous and now with my standing I can release the stuff I really like". he was referring to his new album solar which is not club sounds.
oh and he also said at mosaic when he is not playing he is usually on the second floor, as that's where his favourite acts play :)

Does anyone know if Glitterbox at Hi is across the whole club or just one room? I seem to remember it just being on the terrace last season?

@stivi Not sure if youll be able to answer this but I remember a while back Mixmag released an article saying Cox would be playing a HYTE date and a Music On date and then they edited this so it didn't name specific nights.

Obviously his HYTE date has now been confirmed but still nothing for Music On. However on 29th September Music On still have 'More TBA' on the line up and the closing Pt 2 has nothing announced. Would I be wrong in thinking Cox will be playing one of these?

Also don't suppose you know any info about Music On closing pt 2 opening hours, i.e. will they start early in the afternoon again like last year?

@stivi Not sure if youll be able to answer this but I remember a while back Mixmag released an article saying Cox would be playing a HYTE date and a Music On date and then they edited this so it didn't name specific nights.

Obviously his HYTE date has now been confirmed but still nothing for Music On. However on 29th September Music On still have 'More TBA' on the line up and the closing Pt 2 has nothing announced. Would I be wrong in thinking Cox will be playing one of these?

Also don't suppose you know any info about Music On closing pt 2 opening hours, i.e. will they start early in the afternoon again like last year?

funnily enough, right now the official musicon website is just under maintenance, but on RA, the special guest for sept 22nd is now carl cox...and if he plays that date, then that´s the one date he will play for them (29th sept hector couto special guest)

as for music on closing part two, hard to tell right now. I think it will depend on various factors, some of which we simply don´t know yet right now.

funnily enough, right now the official musicon website is just under maintenance, but on RA, the special guest for sept 22nd is now carl cox...and if he plays that date, then that´s the one date he will play for them (29th sept hector couto special guest)

as for music on closing part two, hard to tell right now. I think it will depend on various factors, some of which we simply don´t know yet right now.
Interesting! Guess ill just have to keep my eyes peeled in regards to the closing

abode has been going very strong all season so far. it´s basically taken over from where viva (well, warriors) left as number one workers night...plus all of their mates that come on holiday etc. but don´t think it´s just a guestlist night, it really is also selling well.

out-selling Defected?? i really get the impression DITH was heavily discounted with wristbands and guestlist in the opening few weeks. Are these parties co-existing?

out-selling Defected?? i really get the impression DITH was heavily discounted with wristbands and guestlist in the opening few weeks. Are these parties co-existing?

I can only see our sales so I don´t get the global view. abode is packing out sankeys pretty much every week. so the overall attendance is higher at sankeys on sundays I think.

I can only see our sales so I don´t get the global view. abode is packing out sankeys pretty much every week. so the overall attendance is higher at sankeys on sundays I think.

I´m editing this now - I think they do pretty much the same numbers, but eden is obvs bigger so doesn´t look as packed.

Back