*** Ibiza 2017 observations ***

I think it's a shame. Both smashing parties but yeah if you are forking out 100 euros on tickets and then 30 odd on a cab before you've even started it's a lot of bunce so can see why peeps are going for one or the other. If I was there this summer I would smash them both in fo sho!

Personally Circo Loco onto Cocoon is a ritual for us every time we go. Start in the garden before sunset and leave around 01:00-01:30 before heading to Amnesia.

Although I understand it is a lot of money, it is IMO the best combination Ibiza has to offer and shouldn't be missed - but it's down to personal taste to suppose.

Last edited:
Personally Circo Loco onto Cocoon is a ritual for us every time we go. Start in the garden before sunset and leave around 01:00-01:30 before heading to Amnesia.

Although I understand it is a lot of money, it is IMO the best combination Ibiza has to offer and shouldn't be missed - but it's down to personal taste o suppose.

I couldn't agree more. the only thing I said is that less and less people do that - it of course might have something to do with the prices.

first post in a lonnnnnnng time. hello everyone!

i was also very much a circoloco onto cocoon regular and they were good times.

but you can't ride the crest of a wave forever and times change. Forget circoloco into coocon, i remember we love into circoloco for those legendary monday morning sessions.

Over the years, Circoloco has been gradually ending later, mainly because of two things. 1) the after hour ban from 2008 changed the dynamic of things fundamentally and 2) however late the end time got, nobody wanted to leave.

Lastly, as glorious as it was doing the combo whilst that period lasted, it would be beyond charitable for dc10 to kick out a full club of eager punters just so they can go somewhere else.

People still do the combo, maybe not quite as many as before, and you probably now have to choose one or the other but that's no bad thing IMO.

Circoloco and Cocoon, almost more than any other events in Ibiza, have always placed massive value in just throwing a good party and not always being concerned 100% about the bottom line. In the last few years when Cocoon lost the likes of Dice and Carola and Hawtin, numbers might have suffered but the spirit of the party probably strengthened actually.

Both parties are titans of the Ibiza scene and about as authentic as it gets on the island. It's hard to imagine Mondays without them!!

x

Dead right about the dc10 v cocoon thing, years gone by they complimented each other, but now they are detrimental to each other.
Going from dc10 onto cocoon was standard practice and it was brilliant although expensive

My first time at Circo, the combo was Home @ Space, then on to DC10 for those too cross-eyed to go home on Monday morning...now that dates me. But always loved the mid-afternoon Circo-to-Cocoon combo too...especially with a quick dip and lunch in salinas to kick everything off. Just had to find a way to change out of your swimsuit between dc10 and amnesia ;)

Edit: I see Grego beat me to this!

Good posts above. DC10 and Amnesia also cannibalised themselves too.

You no longer have to do a "Massive Monday" like before. Years gone by both nights had the strongest programmes of the week (they still do IMO) but you can also now go to DC10 and Amnesia multiple times across the week for your dose of the underground...

It's all about chicken combo's now while you wait 6 hrs for the after party.... 1/2 peri peri chicken with chips or salad + drink €9.50:) every cloud they say..

Another reason I think people will stay at DC10 instead of heading over to Cocoon is the Djs set times. When you have paid 50euro for a ticket you want to be seeing the headline acts and when they don't come on until 1/2/3am it then starts getting abit late to justify another 50 euro just to get into cocoon.

This is how I feel anyway. If the acts I want to see at Circo are on early I would still consider going over to Cocoon but when the acts I want to see are closing the main room or terrace id prefer to hang around and save my money.

What I'm getting at is for example Ben Klock played last week and had a set time of 2-4am in the main room and Gerd Janson 2-3:30 on the terrace which makes it very hard to say yeah lets leave at 1 to see a very similar level of DJ at Cocoon.

Although I understand it is a lot of money, it is IMO the best combination Ibiza has to offer and shouldn't be missed - but it's down to personal taste to suppose.

i may think about of it, if Kevin yost (any chance he will be there july 31?) on the lineup of Dc10 on july 31th otherwise it will be only Cocoon (the first & last for ibz 17)

Last edited:
Another reason I think people will stay at DC10 instead of heading over to Cocoon is the Djs set times. When you have paid 50euro for a ticket you want to be seeing the headline acts and when they don't come on until 1/2/3am it then starts getting abit late to justify another 50 euro just to get into cocoon.

This is how I feel anyway. If the acts I want to see at Circo are on early I would still consider going over to Cocoon but when the acts I want to see are closing the main room or terrace id prefer to hang around and save my money.

What I'm getting at is for example Ben Klock played last week and had a set time of 2-4am in the main room and Gerd Janson 2-3:30 on the terrace which makes it very hard to say yeah lets leave at 1 to see a very similar level of DJ at Cocoon.

Bingo. This is exactly how I feel. They don't bring out headliners until way later. They did have Daniel Avery at 1930 tho

Bingo. This is exactly how I feel. They don't bring out headliners until way later. They did have Daniel Avery at 1930 tho
This is true but this early on the club feels rather empty as most people prefer to be in the garden until it fills up abit

big part of the shift, as highlighted by the above comments, is more people now going out to see specific DJ's, rather than turn up and enjoy the night regardless of who is playing.

It's personal choice, I get that, but talk of 'similar level dj's' leaves me a bit cold.

big part of the shift, as highlighted by the above comments, is more people now going out to see specific DJ's, rather than turn up and enjoy the night regardless of who is playing.

It's personal choice, I get that, but talk of 'similar level dj's' leaves me a bit cold.

yeah I hate the whole culture around it. I sometimes find myself hyping certain names, purely on reputation, producer value or because of one mix I heard. it's lazy and I get sucked into it.

I think though that on holiday people tend to think like consumers with limited time so nobody wants to risk a night on someone they don't know. I think this is why the clubs are so reluctant to take risks on unknowns. it sucks but that's business...

I would love a night which didn't tell you who was playing but which just assured you an effing good time.

Back