*** Ibiza 2017 observations ***

I'll get back to some observations now if you don't mind...

hyte last night - didn't go myself but some of our team went.

at first, the main room was nicely busy (FUSE were there). enzo siragusa had a good crowd I'm told and a really good vibe. during that time the terrace (culoe de song first, then floorplan) apparently was really really empty (like 100 people or so). everything changed the minute loco dice came on - pretty much everyone moved over to the terrace within half an hour or so.

eric prydz tuesday night - again didn't go myself, but one of the spotlight gang did.

theatre perfectly busy all night, never got to 'sardine packed' levels I'm told which is nice. the club with andrea oliva was busy-ish at first, but similar as to the hyte example above, apparently it died down heavily when eric prydz came on in the theatre.

and more observations, this time one I saw with my own eyes.

dc10 on monday night. we arrived just when dj tennis finished in the garden (booo I wanted to see him but missed him).

until about 2am, it was the emptiest I've seen dc10 since my first visit ever (in 2005 mind). on the terrace you really really had space to move and dance freely. by about 2:30 am finally both rooms were busy - but believe me it wasn't one of those 'packed' monday nights almost everyone is used to.

the way I see it, the fact most people don't arrive before midnight anymore at dc10 is harming both them as well as cocoon. (cocoon this monday was ok busy in both rooms I'm told, the terrace not so much at first, but when ricardo played it got v busy but main stayed OK busy too for kraviz apparently). the long time readers on here will all remember the days when 'everyone' started their night out at circoloco late afternoon or early evening and then would switch over to cocoon at around 1-2am. (I know not everyone did this, but it was a very popular party combination). well it just seems people aren't doing this anymore. most people now just choose between one of those nights and if they go to dc10, they also don't go as early anymore. I'll still do the combo every now and then when someone interesting is on in the garden and then grab a cab over to amnesia after midnight.

Cocoon terrace was empty in the back and sides when ricardo was on...Nina was decently busy.

Surprised to hear DC-10 was sorta empty. I know Lee Burridge was supposed to play but got replaced by Serge Devant last second, and I know Lee is more popular.

I've just booked the Sasha & Diggers opening, return flights for £45, €30 ticket. Less than 24hours on the island. :twisted:

Just saw Mr Rundells video of him playing Mauro Picotto - Lizard :D. Looked a great night last night.

Changed my flight and booked a hotel. Now have 3 nights to enjoy :twisted:

and more observations, this time one I saw with my own eyes.

dc10 on monday night. we arrived just when dj tennis finished in the garden (booo I wanted to see him but missed him).

until about 2am, it was the emptiest I've seen dc10 since my first visit ever (in 2005 mind). on the terrace you really really had space to move and dance freely. by about 2:30 am finally both rooms were busy - but believe me it wasn't one of those 'packed' monday nights almost everyone is used to.

the way I see it, the fact most people don't arrive before midnight anymore at dc10 is harming both them as well as cocoon. (cocoon this monday was ok busy in both rooms I'm told, the terrace not so much at first, but when ricardo played it got v busy but main stayed OK busy too for kraviz apparently). the long time readers on here will all remember the days when 'everyone' started their night out at circoloco late afternoon or early evening and then would switch over to cocoon at around 1-2am. (I know not everyone did this, but it was a very popular party combination). well it just seems people aren't doing this anymore. most people now just choose between one of those nights and if they go to dc10, they also don't go as early anymore. I'll still do the combo every now and then when someone interesting is on in the garden and then grab a cab over to amnesia after midnight.
Depends on peoples budget I suppose. Especially if being based in SA - Taxis from SA to SJ then to Amnesia etc

Dead right about the dc10 v cocoon thing, years gone by they complimented each other, but now they are detrimental to each other.
Going from dc10 onto cocoon was standard practice and it was brilliant although expensive

Back