*** Ibiza 2017 observations ***

especially in country where u can be slaughtered...Turkey even the mecca for any darbuka player,Tunisia, Egypt (on national tv):rolleyes:

@Nobbie Q enjoin Blue Marlin experience right now, lucky one with Erick Morillo until midnight , endin beach terrace...he finally listen to captain Pirate :p even choosin Solomun instead of Woomoon tonight...

How's Sankeys doing this year? Seen a few videos this summer of some decent crowds there. Wonder what the impact of Hi has been on them.....less competition than Space...

Anyone go Carl Cox last week and get a taxi home after? Im going tomorrow but got a 9:40am flight home on the Wednesday morning so was wondering how long the que for a taxi is when it's all finished and 10,000 people are all trying to get one!

Is it abit risky staying right until the end or would it be fine?

Again, I can't say for certain, but I bet VIP culture existed as far back as the 80s

Just to rap this up. Vip culture didnt exist as far back as the 90s. because if your a VIP, yep you've guest it (clueless gimps maybe not) you don't have to pay for the privilege. It doesn't cost you any money to enter a venue or to buy a drink. Why,because you are a VIP,of sorts.

If you're on a guest list,that means you have been invited by someone with a connection to the event,or club. I.e. Balearic Joe + 1. = Joe can bring a friend to the event,entry gratis,you are a guest,and it doesn't cost you a penny to get in . Clueless gimps,Solomon didn't coin that phrase...

VIP culture, or just vulture for short ay? Vulture = clueless gimps

okay..more realistic observation...near the front of the club there is a reggaetone top 40 Dj spinning and many curious ladies. yo my phone was dead and couldn't do jokes, but managed some nonsense. Solid night from Solomun and Dixon...pretty busy, room to move on upper levels but thought this week was busier. Nice ladies, gonna sleep for eternity

re: VIP then/now - the impression I get is that the 80s bohemian jetset naturally gravitated to parties at KU which were a bit exclusive and the chances were that Grace Jones was unlikely to bump into too many plebs because the plebs at that stage didn't even know these parties existed (at least until oakey and co blew the lid on what they 'discovered' THAT NIGHT) whereas now there are no secrets and so the whole class divide is already factored into admission fees. would any genuinely cool bohemian VIPs go now? - I dunno, partly because there is a dwindling and ageing stock of genuinely cool people and partly because no genuinely cool, bohemian VIP in any case would be seen dead in the same 10 mile radius as some trash tv personality or Russian playboy.

Where was this reggaetone dj playing:confused:

Front of entrance. Yeah it did suck but if ur in that mood it's easy pickings sort of.

Good news is Solomun and Dixon b2b since 130 to 815. Crazy ish. Need sleep but crazy young punks up now. Help

latino music has replaced rnb and edm as my most hated sonic experience. it's everywhere though. it's a total cancer on the senses.

No. Never a paying guest List back then..
you're right, it did start out as 'paid guest list' didn't it. which is an oxymoron if ever there was one. It was never known as 'VIP' back then. That term was brought in by clubs to justify charging people to skip the rope.

Back