*** Ibiza 2017 observations ***

Not that i would actually ever consider using it but do priv have a VIP area? Just curious if Cox would have wanted one or if he'd of wanted his event to be "Pure" music lovers.

He had a VIP area at Space. Like a proper one for people with loads if money. The balcony bit looking over the main room. Couldn't get in there to film when he was playing, despite being allowed in the DJ booth.

Was open and pretty much empty for Full On Ferry a few days later, so I can only assume it was a night specific policy, not something the club implemented.

He had a VIP area at Space. Like a proper one for people with loads if money. The balcony bit looking over the main room. Couldn't get in there to film when he was playing, despite being allowed in the DJ booth.

Was open and pretty much empty for Full On Ferry a few days later, so I can only assume it was a night specific policy, not something the club implemented.

sorry but that's bullshit. it's not the promoter that dictates what areas are VIP, but rather the actual demand getting to the club regarding vip tables which makes the club deciding to open (or shall I say assign) certain areas for VIP. in space's last years, both coxy as well as enter had a big vip demand and so the club provided areas. I'm not surprised a night like full on ferry didn't have a big vip demand.

Well I said I assume, I assumed wrong.

It was more pointing out the fact that Space/Cox wasn't the VIP-free zone some people make it out to have been, especially when comparing it to its replacement.

I have nothing in particular against VIP culture, Ibiza isn't a Marxist state after all, but I will always try to defend the island against the mantra you hear online that it's being "ruined by VIP culture". I accept it exists, but I certainly don't see it as a bar to enjoying Ibiza the same way people always have, nor is it anything new.

Again, I can't say for certain, but I bet VIP culture existed as far back as the 80s. We've all seen those pictures of 80s pop stars partying back in the day. I wonder if such parties were open to anyone.

I bet VIP culture existed as far back as the 80s

Vips have alway existed. And Vips are generally not a problem... But VIP culture has absolutely nothing to do with being a VIP,and everything to do with being a complete wanker.

Again, I can't say for certain, but I bet VIP culture existed as far back as the 80s.

I'll take it as far back as the mid 90s,and it was the norm to see so called celebrities just getting on it,mixing with the crowd anywhere,whether it's was space,del Mar, or an afters at the mezzanine bar or the star bar. The manumission motel had everyone in there, kate moss and all that mob,no red tape...

Pacha had a VIP area on the roof I think,and we would just go up there to roll a spliff or just to consume class a. No trouble at all.

We've all seen those pictures of 80s pop stars partying back in the day.

At club Tropicana drinks were free mate. And there was enough for everyone,a proper Marxist state back in the day...

Well I said I assume, I assumed wrong.

It was more pointing out the fact that Space/Cox wasn't the VIP-free zone some people make it out to have been, especially when comparing it to its replacement.

I have nothing in particular against VIP culture, Ibiza isn't a Marxist state after all, but I will always try to defend the island against the mantra you hear online that it's being "ruined by VIP culture". I accept it exists, but I certainly don't see it as a bar to enjoying Ibiza the same way people always have, nor is it anything new.

Again, I can't say for certain, but I bet VIP culture existed as far back as the 80s. We've all seen those pictures of 80s pop stars partying back in the day. I wonder if such parties were open to anyone.
It's the level of VIP that's getting disproportionate to space for normal clubbers. More space is being given to these instagram VIP wankers at the expense of regular clubbers.
Look at the Cathy Guettas new beach bar for example. What was a picturesque nice place for tourists and locals to enjoy, is now some tacky overpriced beach bar for rich people banging out shit music all day. This isn't progress

Last edited:
I've noticed a lot of the feedback on the club numbers so far this year seems to suggest attendances are down, yet tourist numbers are higher than ever. What gives? Too many options? Less tourists going clubbing? Or is it just like every other year
Yes thats what I am wondering strange...i wonder if it is that there are too many options now! I seem to think last year was busier in terms of clubs seemed to be more packed last year than this year in June and July

Its good that there are differents types of music/nights and lots to offer but I would rather they be fewer nights and they be nicely busy with cool people than busy on dance floor and not much goin on around it. When I went Solomon was ok busy not rammed, cocoon wasnt really busy and music on not really rammed either. Lets see if august is as packed as normal

tourist numbers aren't up right now. that and the fact it's less clubbers and a huge amount of club nights on offer is the reason the clubs aren't all packed every night
I just presumed tourist numbers were up reading about the shortage of accommodation this year.
Suppose it makes sense with so many options to choose from the numbers will be diluted.
I wonder if the amount of daytime options is playing a big part, Ushuaia, destino, ocean beach, zoo etc all seem very popular.

I just presumed tourist numbers were up reading about the shortage of accommodation this year.
Suppose it makes sense with so many options to choose from the numbers will be diluted.
I wonder if the amount of daytime options is playing a big part, Ushuaia, destino, ocean beach, zoo etc all seem very popular.
True about the day time parties....a fair few of them now also,

Back