*** Ibiza 2017 observations ***

Glitterbox - the new la troya
In around 2
G list 5 min que
Old terrace vary small 30% VIP
Sound ok
Main room - dont like it ! No resl atmosphere a lot of standing not dancing.
To light and sound was shit
Wild corner - no thanks

Probably the most non VIP crowd I've ever seen in a VIP area .

Strange .

I'd say club was just over 60-70% full

Emptied out by 4 am music off at 6am

At ants now, half is roped off to make it seem fuller. I hope they open the other half as it's getting a little crammed!

Also queue to pay on door or with discount band is massive! Go buy pre paid ticket from seller. Quicker

One observation we've made is that besides for zoo, there seems far lower ratio of women to men this year. Van Buuren was pretty much a sausage fest. Ushuaia Fri and sat was a bit better.

Anyone else noticed this or are we just going the wrong nights/places or just stood in wrong area?:D

First day back to work tomorrow after 2 weeks off and 11 nights of those in Ibiza :spank: Ibiza blues have finally hit home!!

As much as everyone moans about the cost of water and everything else I will 100% be going back next year and most likely the year after that and after that. Nowhere compares to ibiza nowhere even gets close in my opinion. Had the most amazing trip and even Hi was rather good. As said previously all the older folk probably ain't gunna like it but being in the younger generation I can happily say I enjoyed my night there very much and the production and lighting really is good! It by far wasn't my best night and dosnt compare to space in anyway but it was still good nonetheless. With some tweaks it can be a very good club!

My first time visiting Pacha aswell and have to say I really wasn't impressed! It was much much smaller than I imagined and the dance floor in front of the dj booth is no more than a couple feet long! Unless a brilliant line up appears I don't think I'll be returning to Pacha and the VIP presence there is so much worse than Hi!! You could tell the majority had no idea what night they were at and they was just there to be at Pacha, not good!

Amnesia for me will always be king now went on 3 occasions this trip and everyone was a brilliant night in its own way, other than one moment where a split bag and the contents all at the bottom of my pocket didn't go down well :mad: Cocoon even though it was half empty was musically the best night 100% but Elrow was the most fun night as it was the first night and our whole group was there.

Zoo Project really wasn't what I expected and I loved the place!! How people can go to Ants over Zoo is beyond me. We went on the Saturday and even though wasn't planning to had to take full advantage of the free entry on the Tuesday so went back! Would love to see a cocoon afters or space in the park or something here as it really is a good venue!!

Anyway the thought of work now is rather depressing but life goes on and guess that Thailand holiday I had booked for next year needs to be cancelled and the next ibiza trip booked asap!! Had also planned to do a couple different things next year like Off Sonar and maybe Timewarp but think for the time being atleast ibiza is being put first!

At ants now, half is roped off to make it seem fuller. I hope they open the other half as it's getting a little crammed!

Also queue to pay on door or with discount band is massive! Go buy pre paid ticket from seller. Quicker

was it your first time at ants? because the other half of ushuaia with the main stage is roped off EVERY saturday, for years, and only opened at around 9pm. nothing to do with lower numbers.

was it your first time at ants? because the other half of ushuaia with the main stage is roped off EVERY saturday, for years, and only opened at around 9pm. nothing to do with lower numbers.
Yeah it was lol. Was manic queuing at the bar at the back, could nearly move. Then like you said other half opened and was much easier.

Even though me and mate are not really into techo/tech house etc, we really enjoyed ourselves. Would defo do it again if we come back to Ibiza:)

Yeah it was lol. Was manic queuing at the bar at the back, could nearly move. Then like you said other half opened and was much easier.

Even though me and mate are not really into techo/tech house etc, we really enjoyed ourselves. Would defo do it again if we come back to Ibiza:)
I really recommend trying Zoo Project instead of Ants its much more interesting even if tech isn't really your thing.

It's more like a mini festival with all different food places, bars, stages and even a swimming pool to get in and it's reasonably priced for ibiza!

I really recommend trying Zoo Project instead of Ants its much more interesting even if tech isn't really your thing.

It's more like a mini festival with all different food places, bars, stages and even a swimming pool to get in and it's reasonably priced for ibiza!
Oh we do that every year too lol. We went Tuesday this time which means had Saturday free. We also get painted up, but do it ourselves :D

i keep on telling it since ibz 16...Zoo project one of best ibz experience, quality & price...all mates that went first love the place ...its not all about the party there
Among best ibz opening 17 experience

dont know if i li discard zoo one saturday in order to experience radio 1 at mambo café

June hasnt been a good month for alot of nights, I think one of the ones that has been busy is music on
First day back to work tomorrow after 2 weeks off and 11 nights of those in Ibiza :spank: Ibiza blues have finally hit home!!

As much as everyone moans about the cost of water and everything else I will 100% be going back next year and most likely the year after that and after that. Nowhere compares to ibiza nowhere even gets close in my opinion. Had the most amazing trip and even Hi was rather good. As said previously all the older folk probably ain't gunna like it but being in the younger generation I can happily say I enjoyed my night there very much and the production and lighting really is good! It by far wasn't my best night and dosnt compare to space in anyway but it was still good nonetheless. With some tweaks it can be a very good club!

My first time visiting Pacha aswell and have to say I really wasn't impressed! It was much much smaller than I imagined and the dance floor in front of the dj booth is no more than a couple feet long! Unless a brilliant line up appears I don't think I'll be returning to Pacha and the VIP presence there is so much worse than Hi!! You could tell the majority had no idea what night they were at and they was just there to be at Pacha, not good!

Amnesia for me will always be king now went on 3 occasions this trip and everyone was a brilliant night in its own way, other than one moment where a split bag and the contents all at the bottom of my pocket didn't go down well :mad: Cocoon even though it was half empty was musically the best night 100% but Elrow was the most fun night as it was the first night and our whole group was there.

Zoo Project really wasn't what I expected and I loved the place!! How people can go to Ants over Zoo is beyond me. We went on the Saturday and even though wasn't planning to had to take full advantage of the free entry on the Tuesday so went back! Would love to see a cocoon afters or space in the park or something here as it really is a good venue!!

Anyway the thought of work now is rather depressing but life goes on and guess that Thailand holiday I had booked for next year needs to be cancelled and the next ibiza trip booked asap!! Had also planned to do a couple different things next year like Off Sonar and maybe Timewarp but think for the time being atleast ibiza is being put first!
Too true!! I moan too about the prices but I ALWAYS go back. If I had the money would go three times this year again! There is no where like it. Sometimes I am bored and tempted to go Sonar, Timewarp or different festivals and then I think it will be good but it wont be the same as Ibiza. Love the place! I agree about Pacha I used to love it years ago but this year at solomon I didnt like the people at all. So expensive too. This Oct will opt for Solomon at Destino and I think will be far better people and still get to see my fav DJ at the moment...solomon

June hasnt been a good month for alot of nights, I think one of the ones that has been busy is music on

Too true!! I moan too about the prices but I ALWAYS go back. If I had the money would go three times this year again! There is no where like it. Sometimes I am bored and tempted to go Sonar, Timewarp or different festivals and then I think it will be good but it wont be the same as Ibiza. Love the place! I agree about Pacha I used to love it years ago but this year at solomon I didnt like the people at all. So expensive too. This Oct will opt for Solomon at Destino and I think will be far better people and still get to see my fav DJ at the moment...solomon
That's exactly it tho as the old saying goes, if it's not broken don't fix it! Ibiza just has everything and as much as I love my music I prefer the nice weather and being out and about to being in a dark warehouse for an 18 hour onslaught like you'd have at timewarp

I went to the Pacha restaurant and enjoyed the food in there more than the club! Really wasn't keen on Michael Mayer either who was warming up kinda killed my mood tbh!

One observation we've made is that besides for zoo, there seems far lower ratio of women to men this year. Van Buuren was pretty much a sausage fest. Ushuaia Fri and sat was a bit better.

Anyone else noticed this or are we just going the wrong nights/places or just stood in wrong area?:D

Glitterbox 70-80% lads

Eww, they're referring to Privilege main room as the "Discoteca" for Coxy's events. Cringe!

Reactions: ric
Back