*** Ibiza 2017 observations ***

if i was the management i'd drop the house/techno and play urban/latin instead - one room just dedicated to reggaeton ringtones - all the kids love that now

copy the Rich Bitch template. Be cheeky. Call your night Sore Whore or something.

that's the future. people like me, we're the past, more culturally irrelevant by the day.

I disagree. in season 3 that's most definitely not 'quite good'.
but it just proves the point I made last night re amnesia having 4 similar nights and, IMHO, one too many.

Very true. I suppose with MusicON always seemingly on the verge of leaving, they are hedging their bets maybe? Not sure how true these MusicON leaving rumours ever are, but you can imagine if Hi is successful then they have even more €€€ to throw around. However, Marco's crowd has always been cool (well they think they are), so I think Hi in its current form may be even less appealing a move as Space would have been for him...

Very true. I suppose with MusicON always seemingly on the verge of leaving, they are hedging their bets maybe? Not sure how true these MusicON leaving rumours ever are, but you can imagine if Hi is successful then they have even more €€€ to throw around. However, Marco's crowd has always been cool (well they think they are), so I think Hi in its current form may be even less appealing a move as Space would have been for him...

not gonna start a gossip 2018 thread on july 6th, no way mr why! :lol:

Would love to see Weatherall play all night in the Amnesia terrace!!! It's never gonna happen though, because promoters are insistent on force-feeding everyone endless amounts of tech-house etc etc...

dice and liebing should swallow their pride and return to the cocoon fold next season. Sven has been saying it for years that we have to be careful of how many underground nights with this kind of music we can put on. Imagine dice and liebing back at cocoon, plus the hyte booking guys: perfect.

to imagine that at the start of hyte amnesia most people were like 'poor cocoon, they will not survive this' :)

dice and liebing should swallow their pride and return to the cocoon fold next season. Sven has been saying it for years that we have to be careful of how many underground nights with this kind of music we can put on. Imagine dice and liebing back at cocoon, plus the hyte booking guys: perfect.

to imagine that at the start of hyte amnesia most people were like 'poor cocoon, they will not survive this' :)

that's the thing though, it's not the artists' pride, it's the guys behind hyte (artist alife) really.
I personally never thought cocoon would disappear because of hyte.

Would love to see Weatherall play all night in the Amnesia terrace!!! It's never gonna happen though, because promoters are insistent on force-feeding everyone endless amounts of tech-house etc etc...

yeah me too, but he won't touch IBZ unfortunately... the billboards perhaps a tad too brash for his inner punk

which is a shame because I reckon his diverse collection of dub and slo-mo tech records would find a receptive audience at Las Dalias and Underground

100% agree. There is a section of outliers adrift from the masses that would lap Weatherall up in select venues across the island. Yep with his record collection he could equally take a main room on a trip but I think it's just not for him or the promoters.

I've been Ibiza before, but always bought tickets whilst there, but this time bought tickets from here in advance. I believe in most places when you buy advance tickets there is a separate cue, but I've just seen the cue for Hi Ibiza on Facebook from tonight, an there just seems to be just one big cue. I wouldn't wanna piss people off by walking straight to the front of cue with advamce ticket, so is it straight forward to find where advance ticket cue is for clubs or is ir litarally a case of walking the front an pissing off other people who are waiting???? Thats the last thing I wanna do.

I've been Ibiza before, but always bought tickets whilst there, but this time bought tickets from here in advance. I believe in most places when you buy advance tickets there is a separate cue, but I've just seen the cue for Hi Ibiza on Facebook from tonight, an there just seems to be just one big cue. I wouldn't wanna piss people off by walking straight to the front of cue with advamce ticket, so is it straight forward to find where advance ticket cue is for clubs or is ir litarally a case of walking the front an pissing off other people who are waiting???? Thats the last thing I wanna do.
Are you trying to get into the playa den bossa snooker club? That maybe your problem.

Still beginning of the season , more people coming to see what's "Ibiza " and will chose from Edm night or something more trendy with good music ( Paradise , elrow , black coffee)
But Cocoon is something different , it's part of the history of the island , less people will come because of party saturation but quiet sure that the quality of clubbers you will find at Cocoon still unbeatable!
Will come in September and im sure that Cocoon will be a tope

Back