I Won't Return

Well my wife is pregnant and wants a relaxing holiday to ibiza for a week, would you believe that after this post

Congratulations Richard, surely that news got you over your Ibiza blues?! Chilling along sunset strip sounds like just the tonic for your wife, you might manage a cheeky pass to cream/amnesia too!? :)

thanks folks, want it to be as relaxed as possible for the wife, a visit to davids definately on the cards aswell, never know louise when she falls asleep she might not notice i've gone too amnesia haha. can always rely on dirk bigler for a smart comment, each to their own mate

i'm looking in to it lads haha, will defo be going to the space shop to get stuff for the baby as it will be sale items from last seasons collection, need to keep and explain to the kid when it's older just what space represented. i took my 9 year old to the mambo closing last year and he loved it :)

I'll hopefully be there for Space Closing, but the scary thing for me is that I don't know when I'll be back after that!!! As some of you may know, I'm currently over 3 months into an extended backpacking trip and; 6 weeks in Thailand, a weekend in Singapore, 4 weeks in Cambodia, 3 weeks in Vietnam, a week in Hong Kong, and a week in Phillipines (so far) has cost about the same as a 10 day trip to both Openings and Closings!!! It's just far too expensive and I'm gradually feeling like I'm being priced out of the island (people with my level of money are obviously not really welcome as much as they were)... Also, I've had far more experiences over the past 3 months or so than any of my 16 Ibiza trips...

I just hope that I can make it to the Space Farewell Party!! :(

Eventually you realize that Ibiza is best managed in small doses, a bit like topping up your tan, and there's loads more in the world to be had ! It's expensive but (almost) always a real pleasure so self-indulgence basically. Is it overpriced ? Well for Europe it's not as bad as luxury London and considerably less expensive still than parts of the South of France, for example. It's all comparative. You also need to indulge in the luxury of taking the time out of earning to go travelling, work in long flights etc - many ppl can't do that regularly and if you ever get "proper commitments" - kids, mortgage etc. it may be practically out of the question to regularly have weeks away on long-haul jaunts. So without being able to jack in a job / business and only have yourself to answer to when the money runs out, Ibiza is a pleasuredome a mere 2 1/2 hr flight away that ticks a lot of boxes - provided you can afford it ! In the meantime, there's a whole lot of world to see :).

Are you going to the closing ? I've been humming and hawing but might get some flights as they are bound to be something stupid by the time the rest of the world recovers from Christmas. They'd better not muck about with the date if I do !!!!!!!!

By Summer, September flights from BHX or BRS are above £250-£300 if you want to arrive any time there's a car hire desk open - cost me over £250 one way to get home early even to a London airport last October and that was well after closings. It's now when you book more than when you go. Those of us who do last-minute were totally crowded out last year by inflated fares and a lack of flight capacity. Unfortunately, not all of us can plan our travel months in advance around allocated time off jobs or kids' school holidays. September & October flight prices last year were bonkers.

The bulk of my Ibiza budget nowadays is aimed at boats, car, watersports etc.. the costs of which very easily run into the thousands not the hundreds overall. Paying an arm and a leg for flights and hotels just makes other places much better value overall because Ibiza ain't cheap for water-based activities either unless you work very hard at getting things heavily discounted.
I'm going earlier this year as we can't get the time off work. Flying out 4th to 9th Sept, stopping at that tagomago hotel in the bay. 510 for the 2 of us which I thought wasn't too bad.

booked up today, for a week with the pregnant wife. i'l be the first to admit i'm wrong I just can't resist the island.

4th June - boom

Going a week on Saturday for three nights with the wife and my two girls. Really looking forward to it.

Ibiza just keeps evolving for me - from the wild single days where you didn't eat - to the sedate times when the missus was pregnant or we had two buggies to negotiate the boardwalks and cobbled streets with. I've also had three work trips where I've took all the staff over for a weekend. Throw in a few sneaky weekends with the missus when the kids were with the G'parents when we came back with new tattoos and I can safely say no two trips has been the same.

This time around the girls are a little older so we'll be taking them to Sa Punta (our favourite spot) each night for dinner then water taxi over to Ibiza Town. Take it easy and enjoy the time.

I'll still be doing this shit when me and the missus are silver haired and grizzled. You outgrow the constant clubbing but it gets better each time in different ways.

Going a week on Saturday for three nights with the wife and my two girls. Really looking forward to it.

Ibiza just keeps evolving for me - from the wild single days where you didn't eat - to the sedate times when the missus was pregnant or we had two buggies to negotiate the boardwalks and cobbled streets with. I've also had three work trips where I've took all the staff over for a weekend. Throw in a few sneaky weekends with the missus when the kids were with the G'parents when we came back with new tattoos and I can safely say no two trips has been the same.

This time around the girls are a little older so we'll be taking them to Sa Punta (our favourite spot) each night for dinner then water taxi over to Ibiza Town. Take it easy and enjoy the time.

I'll still be doing this shit when me and the missus are silver haired and grizzled. You outgrow the constant clubbing but it gets better each time in different ways.

Great quote on one of the shops in the west end near the Highlander I think
"We do not stop partying because we get old, we get old because we stop partying"

Obviously from George Bernard Shaw but encapsulates how I feel about Ibiza. Not at the kid stage yet but we go every year and still have fun. We've only planned one club night this year, compared to full days/nights when we started!

Staying at the Fiesta Hotel Tanit in Cala Gracio all inc. be a nice relaxing week in the sun with a few trips to Mambo's thrown in for good measure.

Took my 9 year old to the mambo closing in October last year and he loved it, he can take the mantle from me and keep the torch burning for years to come:p

Back