I feel violated.......

look, you clearly feel patronised by what I wrote, which I think is based on a misunderstanding. My initial point was inspired by your post but not really in response to it and was aimed at muso journalists, in mixmag, if you like, who slag off scouse house whilst bigging up equally terrible music that routinely makes it on to Pete Tong/Jules. Now, for me that is hypocritical and that is a form of snobbery. Now I can be sneering myself but it's not class-based (see discoplayer's point above) so, when I say, let's bomb San Antonio, it's a not a literal declaration of war on those punters. I don't care where those people come from or what they look like or where they go, it's just not something I want to be part of. I hope that clarifies my position because some things get badly lost on the internet!

No, you just come across as a patronising condescending person - trying to be clever...... by professing to have an all encompassing knowledge of music and Ibiza when all you have is your opinion.....

No, you just come across as a patronising condescending person - trying to be clever...... by professing to have an all encompassing knowledge of music and Ibiza when all you have is your opinion.....

that's too bad. I tried to explain myself. You threw it back in my face...

for the record, I've been on the scene for nearly 19 years and have seen and experienced a lot. You can choose to believe what you like about me. But my views on dance culture are for real and they aren't just mine - there's a lot of people out there like me who don't like the way the mainstream has gone. By all means, personalise this into a pointless discussion on me but ultimately, this is a serious debate about the future of clubbing in London, Ibiza and elsewhere and that won't go away

Last edited by a moderator:
that's too bad. I tried to explain myself. You threw it back in my face...

for the record, I've been on the scene for nearly 19 years and have seen and experienced a lot. You can choose to believe what you like about me. But my views on dance culture are for real and they aren't just mine - there's a lot of people out there like me who don't like the way the mainstream has gone. By all means, personalise this into a pointless discussion on me but ultimately, this is a serious debate about the future of clubbing in London, Ibiza and elsewhere and that won't go away

,..... well 22 years for me and my dad's bigger than yours blah blah blah :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I've been on the scene for nearly 19 years and have seen and experienced a lot.

experience means **** all unless its used correctly. ;)

Stop trying to hark back in the day, cos those days are well and truely GONE!

Money Talks, so unless you are planning to lay on some free parties out of your own pocket, theres funk all you can do! :lol:

experience means **** all unless its used correctly. ;)

Stop trying to hark back in the day, cos those days are well and truely GONE!

Money Talks, so unless you are planning to lay on some free parties out of your own pocket, theres funk all you can do! :lol:

funnily enough, there are actually free allnighters going on every weekend in East London but you seem to have a real aversion to the place ;)

i know chewie!!! I KNOW!!! :cry:

(im going to log off now though & try again (2sleep i mean...),....!
nighty nighty peeps! x)

well post up the details then! :rolleyes: or dont you want any rabble attending? :lol:

on the contrary, would love to have you along, chewie, old fruit

this saturday, midnight, it all kicks off above 33 Stoke Newington High Street - knock on the door 3 times - CODE = 'BLUE'

bring beans and your own water

on the contrary, would love to have you along, chewie, old fruit

this saturday, midnight, it all kicks off above 33 Stoke Newington High Street - knock on the door 3 times - CODE = 'BLUE'

bring beans and your own water

I cant be arsed.

just as well, Chewie, it's the address of the local nick

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this sums up puppy's point about being patronising right there... so because you're older you know more? GAK!

J

it does nothing of the kind. I only mentioned that in response to the inisnuation I was all hot air. I've seen club culture evolve from the embers of rave though the 90s, I know the people at Nuphonic and Skint, I was at the Verbia Manor parties in Devon, at Lakota in Bristol when prog was at its peak, I was at the big beat boutique, been a staunch supporter of faith, lasermagnetic, the basement jaxx parties in Brixton, the Harmonica sessions at AKA, heavenly social - early chemical brother parties, bar rhumba monday nights, missdemeanours regular for 3 years, big chill and bestival regular and I've helped to promote the recent disco revival to anyone who will listen + I know a few things about the Barcelona club scene as a stalwart at discotheque, MOOG, apolo and la terraza in 1999

and a million other things too

I NEVER said any of that makes me a guru but it does give me an insight into how the music and various scenes have evolved. I'm sure some of the other 30+ on here have similar experiences, and I look fwd to hearing them some time ;)

117524536035x1f5.jpg

:rolleyes:

Back