I feel violated.......

i don't think it's snobbery to express the fact that you don't like a particular type or genre of music.

particularly when it's ****....

i agree! i'm particularly great @ expressing my feelings about most **** music......:lol: & i dont think that makes me a snob.... it just means im not deaf! ;)

(how did this thread turn into a ****fight??):idea:

but that's EXACTLY my point and if you had a soul you would agree - the place would be fine if only it was run by hippies and castlemorton veterans, free soundsystems on beaches, no branding anywhere, no crap DJs paid obscene wages, trading on former glories

you are talking out of your arse (for a change).

i would elaborate, but i just cant be bothered! :rolleyes:

i agree! i'm particularly great @ expressing my feelings about most **** music......:lol: & i dont think that makes me a snob.... it just means im not deaf! ;)

(how did this thread turn into a ****fight??):idea:

was only time before you stuck your oar in :lol:

but that's EXACTLY my point and if you had a soul you would agree - the place would be fine if only it was run by hippies and castlemorton veterans, free soundsystems on beaches, no branding anywhere, no crap DJs paid obscene wages, trading on former glories

@ puppy - I wasn't slagging YOU off at all - 100% empathy with your plight. I wasn't defending scouse house either, just making the point that whilst it is crap, it is at least honest compared to chancers like Guetta and Sinclar making out they're bigshots in house

No - what you actually did was you branded me a music snob when its perfect clear that you, yourself (sorry Morbs!!:lol:) are no better, nor are you any more informed/better educated on dance music throughout its history than a lot of the posters on this board, so unless you are either Walker, Oakenfold, Rampling or Holloway in a different guise or a pioneer from the Chicago House music scene from back in the day then your opinion is of as much value (to me) as a Zavvi music voucher for Christmas.....

did you take a selection of your best shirts too? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

an ordinary blue shirt. Or don't they wear clothes where you live?

....or if they do - why don't you get one of your creepy mates to find an old picture of you in your best essex clobber and put it up on the internet..

....or if they do - why don't you get one of your creepy mates to find an old picture of you in your best essex clobber and put it up on the internet..

Put your handbag down.

My creepy mates? oh dear.

unfortunately i have far better taste than your average essex dwelling man.

no benny shermans or white reeboks in my wardrobe thankyouverymuch! ;)

No - what you actually did was you branded me a music snob when its perfect clear that you, yourself (sorry Morbs!!:lol:) are no better, nor are you any more informed/better educated on dance music throughout its history than a lot of the posters on this board, so unless you are either Walker, Oakenfold, Rampling or Holloway in a different guise or a pioneer from the Chicago House music scene from back in the day then your opinion is of as much value (to me) as a Zavvi music voucher for Christmas.....

you read FAR too much into what I wrote ;)

You reckon???

Actually what I read into it is that your loving the sound of your own keyboard clattering......

not sure about that. I just enjoy being rude and argumentative on the internet. Especially about music. And it kills time at work ;)

19775.jpg
5007_detail.jpg

Edit: Damn you Discoplayer for beating me to it!

A completely harmless thread that olly has single handedly turned into a scrap... my hat goes off to you man, its a gift you have!

J

if it makes you happy........

look, you clearly feel patronised by what I wrote, which I think is based on a misunderstanding. My initial point was inspired by your post but not really in response to it and was aimed at muso journalists, in mixmag, if you like, who slag off scouse house whilst bigging up equally terrible music that routinely makes it on to Pete Tong/Jules. Now, for me that is hypocritical and that is a form of snobbery. Now I can be sneering myself but it's not class-based (see discoplayer's point above) so, when I say, let's bomb San Antonio, it's a not a literal declaration of war on those punters. I don't care where those people come from or what they look like or where they go, it's just not something I want to be part of. I hope that clarifies my position because some things get badly lost on the internet!

Back