How's Your Year Been?

Btw, just had a look back at the thread about my cat dying and a high to go with that low was the love and sympathy offered here, by both friends and strangers.

Thanks all.8)

Firstly, best wishes to all on the forum, especially those with challenges ahead of them.

For the Jams, it's been a year of adjustment.

Me, adjusting to travelling thousands of miles almost each week for work, and Mrs Jam juggling work and the Mini Jams while I'm away (Superwoman has nothing on her!).

Since August I've visited:

Johannesburg
Sydney
Singapore
Dubai
Muscat (Oman)
Mumbai
Delhi
Helsinki
Budapest
Copenhagen
Stockholm
Amsterdam
Brussels
Dublin

Enjoyable for the most part, but never enough time to really take much in.

Downside for me has been gaining weight, a by-product of crappy airline / hotel food and too much alcohol, at least that's my excuse.

Also no Ibiza trip for a third year. 2011 will see a leaner Mr Jam, plus a ski holiday and a trip to the White Isle again.

The possibility of a more prolonged period of work abroad is coming on the horizon so it may be decision time pretty soon....

Have a good 2011 everyone!

8)

Last edited by a moderator:
Where you skiing Jamster? We're off in March and haven't decided yet. Did St Anton and Chamonix last year, so they're probably off the possible list.........

Not sure TBH

Last few we did were Chamonix, Meribel and St Anton.

Liked Meribel but it takes the P1ss on prices.

Morzine / Avoriaz possibly, as we have a contact there with a place to rent.

8)

Liked Meribel but it takes the P1ss on prices.

If you like the 3 valleys but dont want to pay Meribel/Courchevel prices check out La Tania. Its the little hamlet wedged between the two with direct access. You have all the great skiing of the 3 valleys with less expense. There can be some great deals on chalets there (not many nice apartments though)

Have a great Christmas sir !!

For what it's worth, year dominated by the gimmest event of my life, which i'm not going into. Things getting better now.

Been to India, Copenhagen, Ibiza X2, Egypt, France & Switzerland & had great times on all. Met some top spotlighters, realised some physical limits.

Watched mates get fired left right and centre & the firm i work for lose significant heads, kept my own job (even got a payrise & got chartered in the middle of the madness which was a result).

Paid my mortgage off (albeit masseeeve one to come when I can sell my house).

Tory government. Could be in caves by 2015.

all in all not a great year. heres to good news & 11 being a belter.

Met some top spotlighters, realised some physical limits.
:lol:

Pups - sorry to hear about the rough times. Fortunately (especially for Phil) if there's anyone on earth who can keep on trucking it's you so glass raised to a more joyous 2011.

Same for you, Agentman.

Hi Mambs! *waves*

Definately another visit next year , but also likely to be over near Javea too next year as my boss has just bought a house and has offered it for use as and when if he isnt buying it (and yes Liam - I would have sent him your link if he hadnt already been and bought :lol::lol:) so you might see us over your neck of the woods ;-)

Did he buy David C's house in Javea ? :confused:

Yeah let me know and we'll get together. Flights to Alicante or Valencia (roughly same distance) can be well cheap if booked well in advance.

Had a pretty good year. Handsome new baby son. I retired from the US air force after 26 years. Plan is in place to move some place warm year rounds

Not long until the half year mark, how we all doing?

My year's going swimmingly really, weather aside:lol:. So far I've skiied in Avioraz, sunbathed with the missus (our first holiday) in Tenerife and visited my 'niece' in New York. Wrapped up the football season with a league and cup double, so all good there.

Hoping to hit SW4, V, Lovebox and Bestival. And Ibiza!

Only negative is my ex has tried to knock me for £13k. Summons issued, court case on horizon. Be nice to have it out of the way.

You?

Finally learnt the meaning of chicken pie :lol:

Gotta be the highlight so far... oh that and getting engaged to the man himself

Mine is not bad so far, still at the same job - I moan about it but I know deep down that for now it is the right place to be, I am supported well by my manager and I dont earn a bad wage for what my job actually entails :lol:

Boyfriends just had his knee operated on and is in a new job so thats all looking good

In an ideal world we would be earning enough money to allow us to have a proper holiday this year and think about children but hey its not all bad.......and I still enjoy my nights out and being selfish too much right now :lol:

Mine is not bad so far, still at the same job - I moan about it but I know deep down that for now it is the right place to be, I am supported well by my manager and I dont earn a bad wage for what my job actually entails :lol:

Boyfriends just had his knee operated on and is in a new job so thats all looking good

In an ideal world we would be earning enough money to allow us to have a proper holiday this year and think about children but hey its not all bad.......and I still enjoy my nights out and being selfish too much right now :lol:

Proffessional Spotlighter and Facebooker?

Generally an ok year for me, but i cant moan seeing im alive and in good health and so are my friends and family and i still have a job, which is more than we can say for most people these days.

The last few years for me though have been generally about having fun and enjoying holidays now whilst i can 8) and i have been very fortunate for the things i have done and places i have been.

IBIZA IN JULY BABY :D

2 years of dating and being fussy as fook has finally landed me my perfect match (thank you POF :lol:) and theres quite an exciting future in it for us...

Im gona have 4 bad months tho, end of August he heads off to Afghan for 4 months :evil: - thats gona be hell for me but gotta be strong for him and the rest of the troops that are going out there...

Lots of exciting things to look forward to when hes back tho :D and my brother comes out of prison end of July aswell...time for him to make up for the time hes missed bringing up my gorgeous niece :D

Not long until the half year mark, how we all doing?
<----------

Today:
17:00 - Finished work
17:03 - In the pool

Could be worse....

8)

Also haven't touched alcohol since 28th April.

Lost half a stone so far, with no significant change of diet or additional exercise.

Last edited by a moderator:
The year is going well summer weather makes me happy. I have been busy but the light is seen at the end of the tunnel.

Are you friends with The Latch on FB? Or did you defriend each other at the break-up stage?:lol:

Ha ha, was it the Latch! I cant remember now....it was the guy who lived in Wood Green and I happened to be seeing someone from Wood Green.....was spooky really :lol:

Whoever that person was no we werent friends on FB

Back