How to get ripped for Ibiza July/Sept 2017?

His knowledge on a scientific and physio level is really good but he doesnt understand people with addictive behavioue / mental health / real world stuff.

And thats the tough thing. People can have some really messed up relationships with food and exercise - and at the end of the day it boils down to a few mindset adjustments (which could take longer than you think) to start seeing things in a new light!

I'm no stranger to the gym and I don't have any glaring issues with food afaik.
What I may be guilty of is not bulking properly?
Another thing maybe (as double M touched on with Milk) is perhaps a food intolerance. I thought about doing a test but that's another fitness world money making scam.
Some folks seem to be able to put a lot of muscle on quite easily, not me. Or, am I being very naive as to the scale of gym "juice" use?

Well I think @Tiffany Barrett is summing it all up to be honest

Another thing maybe (as double M touched on with Milk) is perhaps a food intolerance. I thought about doing a test but that's another fitness world money making scam.
Some folks seem to be able to put a lot of muscle on quite easily, not me. Or, am I being very naive as to the scale of gym "juice" use?

I personally spent a whole year of bulking and didn't worry about getting fat. I wasn't fat to begin with which was a bonus. I literally was doing 6 times a week at the gym with very little break. I took full advantage of the so called newbie gains I reckon

In fact a little story!!
I was so weak and unfit that when I started the gym I was shown around by the owner on how to use the equipment and was put through a little workout and I actually had to lay down and passed out! The gym owner sort of laughed at the end and said he doubts he will see me again! This actually made me so determined and I wasn't going to be defeated and looked like a loser in front of everyone and after a year of bulking and then dieting down I had the last laugh and looked great and felt great and me and the gym owner laughed about that first ever session and compared it to how I ended up

As for Genetics they do play a huge role in the matter and so many examples I know of that back it up. Juice or no juice

Some more serious thoughts from my end now:

Among the people we used to hang out with when I was 20 or so, there was this guy who was living in the basement of his parents' house. His room was a 24/7 entertainment zone with weed constantly on display, beer and playstation... you name it. The guy did zero - nada - niente but smoking pot and eating junkfood... and had the torso of a greek god. Ripped, zero fat - no large muscles though, as he did not work out. His brother did Karate and was a monster. At that time I understood that genetics is a major factor when it comes to shape.

I believe - especially with 40+ - it is important to do some serious expectation management on this stuff. Rather than finding the best diet, I would recommend to focus on things that you can implement in your everyday routine. Try to find things in your daily nutrition routine that work against your goals. I personally used to eat regular bread a night - carbs! - and simply replaced it with a good and actually quite tasty proteine bread. You should think of how you can establish a cardio training routine in your everyday life. Getting up at 5 for a run before work or putting a treadmill in front of the TV - what works with your everyday routine will work in the long run for you.

A girl I work with is in the gym at 6am before work,on this diet where she eat 6 meal a day goes to the gym in the evening too. By 3 pm she's f***ed in work,tired pale and looks sad. Now she has a great ass and legs but her face and hands are more like the blair witch and shes only 32..

Genetics plays just as much a role for women too, you can't train to have nice boobs haha. And some girls don't train at all and have great bodies, some train really hard and as Craig says it takes its toll on their skin/face etc.

There are so many different training methods, finding one that suits you can be tricky. Personally Iv went from training 6 times a week to 2 if I'm lucky due to young children.
Will still have Tom hardy Traps come ibiza tho :lol:

One way to test with food intolerance. Cut out dairy for 3-4 weeks and see if you still bloat out or feel crap. Then re-introduce it and see what happens. That's a free version of a test for you, but you kind of have to make sure that you're not changing any other variables (like cutting out other possible culprits at the same time)

Unfortunately, some people do just put on muscle faster, but also some people use the juice too. What's your body type like? Do you know?

To really bulk and build muscle its not just a matter of weeks, its a matter of months/years. Yes, you can probably add a little bit on in a 12-16 week period...but again if you want real 'gains' then you need to go for much much longer in that surplus.

Many people have some degree of intolerance to milk/dairy cause humans haven't been drinking cows milk for that long (in evolutionary sense) so have not fully adapted to the [A1] proteins in it.

There is A2 protein milks which seems to help those people with some even of intolerance so might be worth a try if you don't want to abandon dairy. :)

ClrVHJR.jpg
One way to test with food intolerance. Cut out dairy for 3-4 weeks and see if you still bloat out or feel crap. Then re-introduce it and see what happens. That's a free version of a test for you, but you kind of have to make sure that you're not changing any other variables (like cutting out other possible culprits at the same time)

Unfortunately, some people do just put on muscle faster, but also some people use the juice too. What's your body type like? Do you know?

To really bulk and build muscle its not just a matter of weeks, its a matter of months/years. Yes, you can probably add a little bit on in a 12-16 week period...but again if you want real 'gains' then you need to go for much much longer in that surplus.

If anything, I'm skinny fat. But thats doing myself an injustice, Im 45 ffs:rolleyes:. Thats me going topless back in July 16.

I really really know that I can build loads of muscle in a few months, I honestly get that and i have for quite a few years now.

I also understand the basic principle of weight loss/gain but every year it just gets harder both mentally and physically.

Last edited:
Without sounding like a preachy motivational mindset speaker - It does get tough!! And everyone has their struggles daily, but it's those tiny little things that you do daily that will set you apart from the rest.

Chisel away each day and you'll see the progress that you want. And after your summer goal - don't give up for 4 or 5 months...just keep going! You don't have to go so hard, but you could reduce down to 2-3 training sessions a week and keep the physique you've worked so hard for :)

I'd not hear the end of it if i was caught with a half :lol:

it's not even the drink which makes me eat the takeaways! Soon as Friday comes all im thinking about if what im having that night ha!

Managed to avoid a takeaway tonight!!!

(Pulled pork nachos currently in oven)

Telling myself its healthier of course

ClrVHJR.jpg

If anything, I'm skinny fat. But thats doing myself an injustice, Im 45 ffs:rolleyes:. Thats me going topless back in July 16.

I really really know that I can build loads of muscle in a few months, I honestly get that and i have for quite a few years now.

I also understand the basic principle of weight loss/gain but every year it just gets harder both mentally and physically.
Edit - I meant "can't build loads"

Any suggestions?

I already go to the gym 4/5 times a week and eat fairly healthily but can't shift that stubborn belly fat.

I'm 45 years young but not prepared to take any illegal substances to help.
I turn 40 this year and return to ibiza for my 40th. Protein shake for bfast, heavy lunch, and protein/veggie shake for dinner!

working so far
nik

Edit - I meant "can't build loads"
You look great for 45. Don't stress over it or try to compare yourself to men in their 20s
Natually you are going to have lower test which is obviously so important for muscle gain. There are a few otc test boosters that would work great for your age group. Test freak can be got for £28 and it's good. I know loads ppl that have taken Truro test v2 and say it's really good however it's around £40 for only 3 weeks :eek:

Another thing is that not to focus being big...I would rather be smaller than I would like to be in exchange for being symmetrical or aesthetically pleasing

I once seen a guy in great shape walking out of the sea like a James Bond movie....But the Shirley Bassey music stopped playing when his legs emerged. All that hard work on his arms, chest and abs was a waste of time as his legs where like two tooth picks.

Back