How to get ripped for Ibiza July/Sept 2017?

Was Ibiza better back in the day when people were less severely pre-occupied with their appearance? ;)

My regime is pretty much the same all year round - an average of 2 weights sessions and 2 runs a week & watching what I eat/drink but not being crazily strict. After that, just to have accept that the body is probably going to get more pudgy with age. :lol:

And I originally read the thread title as 'ripped off'... :lol:

u can workout 24h a day :rolleyes:, u will always find more athletic guys than you in ibz :D so , i gave up workin out since 2003 :spank:

u can be the most looking guy, but u can't beat the Power of the drums :D that is said :p
ps: only just my fingers 3!2!1! both hands Call me "Iron clawfingers" :lol:
this is my australian mentor drummer teacher :cool: looks like easy but not really o_O

I turn 40 this year and return to ibiza for my 40th. Protein shake for bfast, heavy lunch, and protein/veggie shake for dinner!

working so far
nik
You never need a protein shake but eat food with protein true the day it will be aminoacids that you need
to get bigger muscles at the gym, all science show it.Been in the biggest science magazines in the world, but it´s big business

Last edited:
Ocean Beach Hotel serve protein shakes from their poolside bar. Never asked for one in the Beach Club, but ....

I use usn protein shake but in reality it's full of amino acids and other stuff that helps. It's in addition to regular food though, not a replacement!

It's pretty reasonably priced for the 4kg tub on amazon and mixes well and tastes better than most others I've tried.

http://uk.usn-sport.com/en/muscle-fuel-anabolic

My goal is to get to 83kg but not of fat. Currently hovering around 78-79kg. Although I'm a 5'11" short arse :D

I use usn protein shake

I never thought I'd be 'that' person, but I really recommend this MyProtein one, especially if you're vegetarian or vegan: https://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/soy-protein-isolate/10529701.html. The vanilla and chocolate ones taste pretty decent (unlike some which are revolting) and I use it either for a post-workout shake or for pre-workout protein pancakes with 2 eggs & a banana. Mmmm.

Twice-weekly HIIT sessions have really been working for me, plus running 3-4 times a week. I did a half marathon the Sunday before last and was worried before I stepped on the scales this morning (for the first time since just before the race), that I would have put weight back on, as I had a reasonably chilled recovery week last week (yoga and 1 run), plus a bit of a naughty weekend of beer & pizza, yet I've lost more weight. Hurrah!

Anything in moderation, people.

Nobody in the world need protein shakes, it's only to make money

They are in addition to regular food and assist me (plus all the other vitamins and minerals and amino acids in the one I get)

True if you eat a really good balanced diet and able to eat the quantities you need fair enough you can do without them. However they are a good aid if you don't or have medical conditions that make it hard to absorb what you need.

Just my 2p worth :D

Supplements are just that - a SUPPLEMENT to your healthy and balanced day to day eats.

For someone who is trying to put on size, and therefore has to take in a tonne of calories above their maintenance levels, I think protein shakes are a great go to so they can rack up the macros.

A lot of people do tend to jump on the bandwagon and drink them because 'everyone else does' but those people are the same people who drink skinny teas and wear waist trainers.

I used protein shakes when I was marathon training last year - I found the MyProtein strawberry jam roly poly (quite specific?!?!?) flavour really nice! Had tried samples of other flavours in the past but was never impressed. I do love making these though too occasionally as a treat - http://www.foodforfitness.co.uk/protein-bar-recipe.php#.WMGuyvmLSM9

Ended up with a nasty hip injury at the end of last summer though and am just starting to get back in to running again which I have missed sooooo much! I regularly hit the gym for weights sessions and have started to mix in some HIIT sessions again now, so hopefully in the summer I will be back to where I was last year :)

The only problem with protein shakes i have , is , the people who go on and on about how they need protein shakes for their 'gains' and all the rest. My mates who use them in their programme dont do this obviously

I never thought I'd be 'that' person, but I really recommend this MyProtein one, especially if you're vegetarian or vegan: https://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/soy-protein-isolate/10529701.html. The vanilla and chocolate ones taste pretty decent (unlike some which are revolting) and I use it either for a post-workout shake or for pre-workout protein pancakes with 2 eggs & a banana. Mmmm.

Twice-weekly HIIT sessions have really been working for me, plus running 3-4 times a week. I did a half marathon the Sunday before last and was worried before I stepped on the scales this morning (for the first time since just before the race), that I would have put weight back on, as I had a reasonably chilled recovery week last week (yoga and 1 run), plus a bit of a naughty weekend of beer & pizza, yet I've lost more weight. Hurrah!

Anything in moderation, people.
They want your money.

Helps if you're vegetarian or vegan. If not and you eat plenty of meat and fish, possibly not.
They want your money.

As I don't eat meat and only little fish, I struggle to get enough protein otherwise, even with eating eggs, nuts, greens, pulses, seeds... So I don't see the issue with supplementing with protein powder.

Each to their own but I've been getting good results with it and around £13 for a 1kg bag that last ages is hardly a rip off!

Back