How to get ripped for Ibiza July/Sept 2017?

HIIT sessions are fantastic for getting rid of the "stubborn belly fat". Also watch how many calories you consume, curb the alcohol (yes, even at weekends) and drink plenty of water.

Under 30g carbs is stupid - you won't have the bloomin' energy to even spend a night at the club formally known as Space (or anywhere else for that matter)
I think this entirely depends on the person, in summer I cut out carbs almost completely during the week by using a spiraliser to make veggie "pasta", cauliflower rice or just bunging on loads of extra veg on my plate and I barely notice energy-wise and that's with a round trip of 25km to work by bike too. The only reason I eat carbs these days is because I do quite a lot of sport and have trouble keeping weight on and would look like a skeleton come summer :p

I'm consuming loads of carbs at the moment as I have a half marathon on Sunday. However, I'm in the best shape I've been in for a very long time which proves that (good) carbs aren't the enemy, it just tends to be that people eat far more than they need to in general, especially when alcohol is concerned.

As if this thread was actually started :lol::p.

Under 30g carbs is stupid - you won't have the bloomin' energy to even spend a night at the club formally known as Space (or anywhere else for that matter)

Its all in the diet - true - but if you sit on your butt all day then even a good diet isn't going to help you.

The basics - more energy out than you're putting in your body. And be patient - 1lb loss a week is normal & most sustainable!

This

It really isn't complicated HOWEVER it is damn hard!!!

There are many ways of dieting and the reason that is...is because some people find it more convenient or easier to sustain and also everyone reacts differently to food

You cannot simply say eat 30g of carbs if you are consuming 150g of fat....your calories will likely still exceed your energy out

1. Work out a routine that includes weight training and cardio
2. Work out your calorie needs that puts you into a small deficit based on your age, height, weight and weekly exercise routine
3. Work out a balance diet that does include a pizza or chicken and chips
4. Stay consistent and reduce your calories as you reduce weight

Last edited:
I think this entirely depends on the person, in summer I cut out carbs almost completely during the week by using a spiraliser to make veggie "pasta", cauliflower rice or just bunging on loads of extra veg on my plate and I barely notice energy-wise and that's with a round trip of 25km to work by bike too. The only reason I eat carbs these days is because I do quite a lot of sport and have trouble keeping weight on and would look like a skeleton come summer :p

You might find this ok but honestly some people have a real bad time on this

Anything under 50g carbs a day for longer than 3 days and your body enters ketosis

You think the hard part is trying to fight the urge to stuff a cake or the fact you can smell and taste a Pizza without seeing one
The actual hard part is what it does mentally and honestly my brain does not function and I become sociably awkward

If it works for you then great

Erm....vegetables are still carbs guys!!

HIIT is definitely a great way of losing that stubborn belly fat. Ive always been a fairly slim bloke with a bit of belly fat.

I do alot of running as training for marathons but never really did any interval training.
I've added intervals and track work over the last few months and the fat has fallen away.

if you dont like running theres plenty of variations of HIIT workouts.

HIIT is definitely a great way of losing that stubborn belly fat. Ive always been a fairly slim bloke with a bit of belly fat.

I do alot of running as training for marathons but never really did any interval training.
I've added intervals and track work over the last few months and the fat has fallen away.

if you dont like running theres plenty of variations of HIIT workouts.

This is what I've found too. Running for 3-4 days a week plus a couple of HITT workouts and I'm in the best shape for a long time - far better than when I was training for the marathon three years ago. Also sticking to 1200 calories a day, plus eating back around half of what I burn exercising.

Losing it isnt the problem there are many extreme ways to do it that work but keeping it off probs needs to have alot more thought!

I start my shredding routine and diet on the 06th March

Spending the past couple of weeks enjoying as much full fat food and as much food as possible!

Then after all that year round hard work it will all be so worth it just to remove my tshirt at Ushuaia

I heard from a reliable source on the island that if your going from ushuaia to hi to continue the party you will have to put a shirt back on when crossing the road.o_O im sure this will kill the buzz a bit for some people..What are people's taughts on this? And how will they enforce it.

I start my shredding routine and diet on the 06th March

Spending the past couple of weeks enjoying as much full fat food and as much food as possible!

Then after all that year round hard work it will all be so worth it just to remove my tshirt at Ushuaia

Why March 6th? Why not today???*

*spoken like a true PT lol

Why March 6th? Why not today???*

*spoken like a true PT lol

I have been for the past 25 weeks just focusing on building lean muscle tissue so with that comes body fat!

06th March is end of my 'bulk' and time to lean off for the summer :cool:

Gotta look like a Towie stopper

Back