How Long Have You Been Addicted To Ibiza?

since the 12th of february 1986. yes i know im sort of cheating coz im from there! but love my island so much and not only about the clubbing but because of the beauty of the island and the spirit of it and also coz its home sweet home!

July 15th 1998 was the first time I stepped foot on the island! Was trying to go for the 2 years previous to that, but just didn't happen for one reason or another! It was a Wednesday and went to Clockwork Orange in Es Paradis that night and was hooked! Got to Amnesia, Privilige, El Divino and Pacha too and was just amazed by every one of them! DC10 was still a hanger then and Eden was a was little ****ty club called Kaos! Amnesia had a glass roof and would go on til after 9 in the morning, was like something out of the twilight for the last couple of hours, about 200 people would be left, the dry ice and lights would still be going and the sun starting to shine in through the roof, magic! I've been back at least once every year since and did the season in 2001 (anyone there during that summer remember the Tin Man from the Tonic parade, that was me!).

This year (I'm back on July 29th for 11 days) will by my 11th year and 16th visit in total, it's deffo changed alot since I first started going, one of the things I used to love about Ibiza was the randomness of the after parties, the New Star, Unity, the Blue Lagoon, the Mezanine, that will never be seen again! But it will always be a bit magic and a bit special and I'm not done with the island just yet!

Last edited by a moderator:
It all started back in 1998 for me, and what a magical year that was! The year Disco house exploded and the 1st year for We Love.... at Space. I have been insanely obsessed ever since, I think I was an 'Ibicenco' in a past life. Been back every year since then, been to all the clubs, dirty dancefloors and fancy VIP sections, private villa parties and beach parties, nice sober dinners and mad 12 hour trippy marathons, countless ibiza flu's and summer love stories, and and and. Ibiza is a big big part of my life and this year i'm celebrating my 10 year ibiza anniversary with my lovely wife. We'll be going for the Space and DC10 closing parties. Te quiero Eivissa! Mucho mucho

Back