How Long Have You Been Addicted To Ibiza?

First went in 1996 with schoolfriends. Only a couple of us were proper into clubbing but the others came with us to the clubs and really enjoyed it. Went back again next year with the same group of friends. Then missed 98 and 99, people were at uni, had no money, blah blah. Same thing happened in 2000, it got to mid september and I though 'f*#k it', and flew over by myself for three days for Space Closing. Spent the last two summers over there. Be over there this year: a week for Space Opening, a week in July, and the whole of September. Staying at home this year to try and set some business' up so I can hopefully move over there full-time within the next 3 or so years, ibiza's always felt like home to me.

joe

great stories you all have, good to know that you arent one-timers and the gone again! I will ALWAYS kepp on coming back! it rules!

I first went without my parents in 1987 just after A Levels. Did the West End thing then. Didn't get into the clubbing side of things till about 6 years ago.
I have been every summer since, lucky enough to have a family that owns an appartment above a certain sunset bar.
Back in 88 if I knew how the club scene would explode I might have been a very different person now. How did I miss it all? I kick myself sometimes for not getting out of San An to experience Ku, Amnesia etc when I was younger.
But I make up for it now!

My first time almost going was summer 2001....when i almost went with some friends...but I didn't and i f#$#ked up...hahahaha but then i went in 2002....and stayed in PDBossa....and loved it.......going back this year again...:)..and every year...

hopefully one day i'll cruise into ibiza town on my yacht and unload my ferrari
:)

spunkymonkey said:
the first summer we were there, I was out with my parents, who are in their 70s and the rest of the family for a meal in Ibiza town. On the way back we were passing space and my parents decided they wanted to take a look......kind of knowing what it waas like I was very determined to keep them away. Dad insisted and was up chatting to the bouncers and asking them loads of questions. He waas particularly impressed by all the gorgeous women who were in the queue, wearing very little!!!! At that stage he decided that we should go in.....but I managed to convince him that he wouldnt like it. Of course that was when I went back later that night myself and actually experienced it first time for myself. Funny thing is.....now that I know what Space really is like.....I would have no problem bringing my dad in as I know he would be made feel welcome and would enjoy most of it....except for the loud music!!!

interesting story!! :D

first time i was there at 1985 with parents, was 14,...since 1987 every year, sometimes more then once a year,(1995 4 times!! :eek: )...i stopped counting...must have been over 25 times to the island,...think im addicted :D ;) :D

I´d definately say you are! hehe, Im going for the 6th time next year, I feel like a newbie compared to you! hehe......well it´s all about the love for the Island. I have known people who have gone 15 times and still don´t get the "other aspect" besides clubbing and pillpopping......

It´s definately a place Im gonna bring my kids!

since 2000, went with a mate of mine who was buggin me 2go. Since then Ive never needed bugging again- been every year since- even on my own a few times, LOVE the place.

El Diablo- u lucky lucky person!

Since 1998. I was 18 and it was my first holiday abroad on my own, I've been every year since.

first time in 2000. Been twice a year since.

Every year I try and fine tune my trip a little more but then I discover something else.

Can't get enough of the place! :)

happyman said:
Every year I try and fine tune my trip a little more but then I discover something else.

:D

Ibiza always comes up with something good and never fails to impress

1998 was the magic year for me. Had just finished school and wanted to do something in my summer holiday. So started to look around on the internet but couldn't find anything cheap other than Ibiza (wich was really cheap at that time because there was only like 2 days left before leaving) so I called my friend and asked her if she wanted to go. I'm so glad that we did go to Ibiza !!!!

Back