how are the drink prices this year? (2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's absolute madness how they are allowed get away with charging these obscene amounts for drinks, shocking.

The Alternative.

Six beers,three brandy's,three gin and T's,three mojito's,and a shared bottle of red with our host,(gratis)...:D not far from space...19 euros...:eek: and great music too!

Six beers,three brandy's,three gin and T's,three mojito's,and a shared bottle of red with our host,(gratis)...:D not far from space...19 euros...:eek: and great music too!

Fill all of us in as to where this place is.Im sure it will be accompanied by all here!

icebaer,there was no DS gang involved on this occasion...:) also,I have just been gently reminded that it was only the one Mojito. Not such a bargain then!

It is not that shocking.

People will take drugs irrespective of the drinks prices.

Given they will sell less drinks, but still have the overhead - something has to cover it.

Higher drinks prices probably means less mixing pills with booze, which makes the world a safer place.

I'm not saying that the levels that they charge are justified, but some kind of an increase is.

It is not that shocking.

People will take drugs irrespective of the drinks prices.

Given they will sell less drinks, but still have the overhead - something has to cover it.

Higher drinks prices probably means less mixing pills with booze, which makes the world a safer place.

I'm not saying that the levels that they charge are justified, but some kind of an increase is.

Don't agree,.
If any of that were true then water would be an affordable price.
People are much more likely to consome extra drugs to keep a buzz going if it's impossible to do with alchohol.
People who never take drugs in their home countries end up doing so here for the 1st time sometimes and I repeat sometimes do so only because they would normally drink all night to keep a vibe going but find that they can't because of the cost.
12000 people through the door on Space opening and the majority paying 55 euros.
Similar amount in Amnesia.
The profits are there ok.
Water should be no more than 5 euros. I don't think there would be any noticable drop in profit. People would just be safer. It should be the law. We have so many crap laws around it's about time we hadone that made sense.

Don't agree,.
Water should be no more than 5 euros. I don't think there would be any noticable drop in profit.

I actually think this would increase there profit because more waters would be bought at that price throughout the whole night!!!
Same with alcohol i think i would be more willing to spend atleast 100 euros on alcohol if there were normal prices.Im not gonna spend 100 euros on 5 drinks.

what ?
what substances are you on ?
:)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I was saying from January that the clubs would start to raise the prices even more if they were going to get their hours cut by the government to claw back the money they might have lost. But I thought Space would have been the worst club for doing it as their opening times have been effectively halved in two.

18euro just reeks of greed- I can see why Pacha are expensive but Amnesia? Come off it. They don't give a f*ck about ripping people off- they know people will still turn up to see the DJs regardless of the prices. :evil:

Water should be no more than 5 euros. I don't think there would be any noticable drop in profit. People would just be safer.

Sorry I have to disagree with that. Although your right in saying that the water should be cheap I think that if this was the case, more people would only drink water and thus more pills would get consumed. I think there would be less people queing for beers if a bottle of water was half price.

Don't the clubs see it? Drop the drink prices and reduce the drug consumption.
5 euro for a pill or 15 euro for a vodka limon? You choose.

Last edited by a moderator:
... Water should be no more than 5 euros ...
People would just be safer.
It should be the law ...
it´s unbelievable that there is not already such a law that forces the clubs
to offer at least 1(= one) "cheap" non-alcoholic drink
because of health/"public safety"/or however you call it-reasons !
... i think in some european countries there already exists such a law ?!

it´s unbelievable that there is not already such a law that forces the clubs
to offer at least 1(= one) "cheap" non-alcoholic drink
because of health/"public safety"/or however you call it-reasons !
... i think in some european countries there already exists such a law ?!

Space does this.Do any of the other clubs?...LOL last yr when i got into space i wanted to use my free drink pass.I asked for a vodka red bull.She gave me the red bull then charged me for the vodka.Still ended up costing me for my free drink!

On another note a ways back at a big local club they had there 3 bars but in the back they were selling $2.50 keg drafts for the drinkers.This should be considered haha.Hey thats only a pound for the poeple from the uk.Come to the US to party if you want cheap drinks youll get f'ed up.

Don't agree,.
If any of that were true then water would be an affordable price.
People are much more likely to consome extra drugs to keep a buzz going if it's impossible to do with alchohol.
People who never take drugs in their home countries end up doing so here for the 1st time sometimes and I repeat sometimes do so only because they would normally drink all night to keep a vibe going but find that they can't because of the cost.
12000 people through the door on Space opening and the majority paying 55 euros.
Similar amount in Amnesia.
The profits are there ok.
Water should be no more than 5 euros. I don't think there would be any noticable drop in profit. People would just be safer. It should be the law. We have so many crap laws around it's about time we hadone that made sense.

Agree and disagree with ya..I think the amount of people who are driven to drugs by the expense of ale is fairly minimal. I speak only for my friends who partake - but even in a warehouse in Manchester - they stick to water.

Profits well yes and no .... obviously the door tax makes money, but some goes to a promoter for starters and I imagine the protection money etc in Ibiza is shocking. I'm simply saying clubbers = less drinks = more expensive to cover this fact. Kind of like supply and demand but in reverse!

Totally with you on water - for health reasons it should be a legal maximum cost. No doubt lives are lost each season due to not getting enough.

I definitely think if the beer was cheaper a lot less people would take other stuff, i base this opinion solely on friends who came with me last year.

I can safely say I would drink 10-15 bottles of beer during a night if I was in somewhere like Pacha if it was affordable, whats that? about €150 at the most? it just does not make sense

I definitely think if the beer was cheaper a lot less people would take other stuff, i base this opinion solely on friends who came with me last year.

although the drinks prices are ridiculously high, you only have to walk down any high street on a fri and sat night to see what cheap alcohol does. ;)
t
heres nothing stopping people getting ****faced in the hotel beforehand... and chances are they wouldnt be let in anyway.

hey ho, im still saving for my 1st drink, let alone for a trip back:lol:

moan moan moan

every year this post appears about prices
are some of you forgetting ibizas clubs have just opened this year the season is very short, closing parties mid to end of september for the bigger nights they need to make what they can while they can
the price is the price it has always been that way in ibiza if you cant afford it dont go and dont moan for christs sakes
im sick of all the wanabe,chav types ,(beer boys) that populate these nights now hopefully this may price some of them :evil: out.

are some of you forgetting ibizas clubs really opened on June 1 st . this year for the season ...
they need to make what they can while they can ...
who gives a flying fukc ?
is that an excuse for ridiculous prices ?
most people in this world have to work 12 months/year ...
so: bore off and PAY :)
... im sick of all the wanabe,chavs types that populate these nights
now hopefully this may price some of them (you):evil: out.
as long as there are enough douchebags around with such an attitude (like you have) -
everything is gonna be/stay alright (for the clubs/clubowners) ... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back