how are the drink prices this year? (2007)

what is this ? a free drink ??
if not - how much does it cost ?

... and whats inside ?

4xqlzro.jpg

52dc08p.jpg

And remember: Only the ones that can afford these prices go to the clubs like Pacha, Amnesia, Space, etc. Which excludes a lot of clubbers you don't wanna see on a dancefloor near you ;)

Snobbery...

Also just to mention drink prices in Space, Eden and Amnesia DO NOT CHANGE depending on the night.

All three clubs have price lists outside (like every club and bar in Spain) listing the prices. They do not change.

I also went to Pacha on more than one night and the prices were also the same.

Amnesia was the most expensive, 10 euro for water. Space was €7 for water.

Snobbery...

Also just to mention drink prices in Space, Eden and Amnesia DO NOT CHANGE depending on the night.

All three clubs have price lists outside (like every club and bar in Spain) listing the prices. They do not change.

I also went to Pacha on more than one night and the prices were also the same.

Amnesia was the most expensive, 10 euro for water. Space was €7 for water.

If you would have read the whole thread you would have noticed that I took those words back. In a way. Just read before you post...

If you would have read the whole thread you would have noticed that I took those words back. In a way. Just read before you post...

Your retraction makes no sense.

The price of drink in clubs is not to keep people who drink and go on the pull out of clubs. It's just to make money.

Your retraction makes no sense.

The price of drink in clubs is not to keep people who drink and go on the pull out of clubs. It's just to make money.

Of course it's to make money. It's a business.

But you're right about the fact that high drink prices are not about keeping certain people out. It just sometimes works that way and could have a positive effect on the type of clubbers you see in a club. As I said, where I'm from, it often works like that. Big groups of men who just want to drink a lot of beer, pick up women and being very annoying on a dancefloor don't come to more expensive clubs.

But in Ibiza I think this theory doesn't go as there a lot of free parties everywhere with very nice, musicminded and friendly people. Maybe I was just looking at the situation in my country too much :D

Of course it's to make money. It's a business.

But you're right about the fact that high drink prices are not about keeping certain people out. It just sometimes works that way and could have a positive effect on the type of clubbers you see in a club. As I said, where I'm from, it often works like that. Big groups of men who just want to drink a lot of beer, pick up women and being very annoying on a dancefloor don't come to more expensive clubs.

But in Ibiza I think this theory doesn't go as there a lot of free parties everywhere with very nice, musicminded and friendly people. Maybe I was just looking at the situation in my country too much :D

I think you are both right. Making it more expensive does keep beer boys out and it quite handily makes money too.

As for the free parties, most beer boys wouldnt know they were on anyway.

:lol: that really made me laugh!

Wow I am going to be either broke or very sober! Would it be really wrong to sneak in a mini bottle of vodka? x

Ummm I think actually you could in a hand bag in most places. Actually we snuck some in one night. I really dont have a problem paying high prices. I knew they where insane before I came. Luckly I make good money. I felt bad for the people who dont make as much as me and want to go out and stomp the dance floor like me. Thats why I dont agree with the convo between you other people at all. High prices keep awesome people away too. You dont have to make a bunch of money to love big clubs. You dont have to make a lot of money to love Ibiza. Who gives a **** who comes in, beer boys, whoever. **** it. Im there with my friends which are there for the right reasons and the quality people I meet there. If there are people there for the wrong reason, well lets see what should we do? hhmmmmm ohhhh ignore them and injoy your damn night. I personally would rather watch some drunk idiots make fools of themselves then hang around a bunch of snobs whi think they are better than everyone. I personally make 6 figures and I dont think of myself better than anyone there. I actually paid for 6 people I met at my hotel to get into I LOVE SPACE because they where there to hit the dance floor and rave out on there last night but didnt have the funds. I think the high prices keep alot of real ravers out. Its sad. Maybe its starting to just keep all the snobs in. Im the type of person that has fun wherever I go. I dont let a couple of asses bring me down. Try it youll have a better time I promise. Give me $5 bucks and Ill even give you a money back garantee.

P.S. Im not talking about all people on here being snobs, even though I have met some, Im not going to lie. I would say almost all the people Ive actually talked to on here have been amazing on the boards and in Ibiza. I did meet a lot of snobs at the clubs, it was almost sickning. The thing everyone should remember is everyone there paid to go to Ibiza and everyone there paid to get into the clubs. Everyone should be able to act however they feel. Im not going to judge a single person on how they wanna party. If you wanna be snobby, be snobby. If you wanna just go in and forget life forget everything and just feel the music and dance and have fun FIND ME!! Hell if you wanna get totally drunk, make an ass of your self chase chicks and act a fool. Please do so it makes me laugh and sometimes makes good videos.

Last edited by a moderator:
I might do that then, I guess it'll make drinks a little cheaper!

I think everybody knows they're going to pay a lot more for drinks than what they do at home so there's no reason to be shocked! Just be prepared! x

...You dont have to make a lot of money to love Ibiza.
Who gives a **** who comes in, beer boys, whoever. **** it.

Im there with my friends which are there for the right reasons
and the quality people I meet there.
If there are people there for the wrong reason, well lets see what should we do?
hhmmmmm ohhhh ignore them and injoy your damn night.

I personally would rather watch some drunk idiots make fools of themselves
then hang around a bunch of snobs whi think they are better than everyone.

5ya3oyh.gif

Only the ones that can afford these prices go to the clubs like Pacha, Amnesia, Space, etc. Which excludes a lot of clubbers you don't wanna see on a dancefloor near you ;)
which remains me what andy from manumission said about it two years ago:

Despite the heavy Brit presence, the vibe is friendly rather than fierce, something Andy reckons might be down to the (sky high) drinks prices.

"People always criticise the English for having fights in clubs, though we haven't had one incident involving an English customer in ten years, not one," he proudly points out.

"We've had a few involving hot blooded Italian and Spanish people getting into punch-ups but nothing serious and, touch wood, not one death. Now I wonder if the drinks had been considerably cheaper, whether I'd have been able to say that?"

:idea: :idea: :idea:

which remains me what andy from manumission said about it two years ago:

Despite the heavy Brit presence, the vibe is friendly rather than fierce, something Andy reckons might be down to the (sky high) drinks prices.

"People always criticise the English for having fights in clubs, though we haven't had one incident involving an English customer in ten years, not one," he proudly points out.

"We've had a few involving hot blooded Italian and Spanish people getting into punch-ups but nothing serious and, touch wood, not one death. Now I wonder if the drinks had been considerably cheaper, whether I'd have been able to say that?"

:idea: :idea: :idea:

But do you, as a prime Spotlightposter, think he's right? I began to re-think about my previous posts because of other members' reactions. But still, imo, (higher) prices have something to do with the sorts of clientele you see in a certain venue...

:oops: Sorry I didn't read that post before I said you were snobby too! Sorry pal!

No offense taken. I had no idea that my post would generate so much attention.

For the rest of you, I still think this is how it (maybe unintentionally) works. What I do hate is the fact that you have to pay so much for water. Since you can't drink water in the toilets this indeed (as someone earlier said) creaties a dangerous situation. Especially if your taking chemical substances.

and why would water cost 10 euro just because its ibiza?
i think you should be careful who you call ignorant, what person would ever expect to pay that much for water?

I'm not calling anyone ignorant. But if you go on holiday (whereever that might be) it seems pretty normal to me to check things out about the place you're going to.

And yes, the water-issue is ridiculous. I totally agree to that (as in my previous post).

10 euros for a water is absolutely ridiculous, it is bad enough when it is 6/7 euros but 10 is really taking the mick.

Back