how are the drink prices this year? (2007)

How do people afford these drinks? At Pacha I was like ermmm a coke please and the lady behind the bar was like don't you want anything in it lol. Not for an extra 10 euros!

a couple of years ago i remeber buying a coke in pacha and the bargirl didnt want to give us back any change, she held onto it said awww tip? no f**king chance mate.

Regarding all the comments on this thread and especially the ones from people who were so surprised when they got charged 8 or 10 euros for a bottle of water: what were you thinking?! The first time I went to Ibiza (6 years ago) I knew what to expect. And it's something I calculate when I go on holiday in Ibiza. I know the clubs are expensive, but the parties are worth every penny for me (euro actually :lol:). I think it's kind of ignorant to go to, for example Pacha, and be shocked because the drinks cost a lot of money. It's Ibiza people!!!

And remember: Only the ones that can afford these prices go to the clubs like Pacha, Amnesia, Space, etc. Which excludes a lot of clubbers you don't wanna see on a dancefloor near you ;)

it certainly excludes me.

Now that I re-read my comment, it sounds a bit (or a lot) snobby, but that's not how I meant to put it. I compare the situation with the place I'm from and here there are a lot of people who just wanna get drunk and go after chicks. Because of higher bar-prices, those peolple don't come in anymore because it isn't worth the effort for them.

But do you (Stephen) won't go to Pacha (i.e) anymore or was it just a sharp reaction to my post??

We got in half price at Pacha for Def Mix opening. 50 euros on the door but the guy looked at us and said 2 for 1 (must have felt sorry, because trust me I am not the beatiful people!).

Space, somehow blagged guesty via myspace. The wonders of the web.

Pacha was 15 euros for a vodka red bull & 10 euros for a bottle of beer.

Cant remember Space as was in pieces by then!

I want to know more about these blagging guestlist via myspace!

Regarding all the comments on this thread and especially the ones from people who were so surprised when they got charged 8 or 10 euros for a bottle of water: what were you thinking?! The first time I went to Ibiza (6 years ago) I knew what to expect. And it's something I calculate when I go on holiday in Ibiza. I know the clubs are expensive, but the parties are worth every penny for me (euro actually :lol:). I think it's kind of ignorant to go to, for example Pacha, and be shocked because the drinks cost a lot of money. It's Ibiza people!!!

And remember: Only the ones that can afford these prices go to the clubs like Pacha, Amnesia, Space, etc. Which excludes a lot of clubbers you don't wanna see on a dancefloor near you ;)

I agree that the admission prices are good value for what you are getting, but I believe if the clubs charged half what they do for drinks they would make just as much money because they would sell more. More importantly, though, charging that kind of price for water in an environment where people are dancing and taking ecstasy is not just extortionate, it's potentially very dangerous.

In Amnesia last year I vaguely remember seeing a sign on the wall behind the bar for a drink costing 5€........I didn't buy it, or even ask about it........maybe there was a 1 in front of the 5 which my eyes deceptively chose to ignore!

[quote

And remember: Only the ones that can afford these prices go to the clubs like Pacha, Amnesia, Space, etc. Which excludes a lot of clubbers you don't wanna see on a dancefloor near you ;)[/quote]

Sorry but I think thats quite a snobby attitude just because you may not have much money doesn't mean you can't go to these clubs! Or that you are "not entitled" to go.

I can afford the prices but I am making a decision not to waste my money this year - maybe 1 or 2 alcholic drinks but not my usual fair few. I am not being taken for mug this year especially when I don't get any change back when paying....sorry I know the argument about why the prices are as they are but it takes the piss....

Now that I re-read my comment, it sounds a bit (or a lot) snobby, but that's not how I meant to put it. I compare the situation with the place I'm from and here there are a lot of people who just wanna get drunk and go after chicks. Because of higher bar-prices, those peolple don't come in anymore because it isn't worth the effort for them.

But do you (Stephen) won't go to Pacha (i.e) anymore or was it just a sharp reaction to my post??

:oops: Sorry I didn't read that post before I said you were snobby too! Sorry pal!

;)

and why would water cost 10 euro just because its ibiza?
i think you should be careful who you call ignorant, what person would ever expect to pay that much for water?

where is the ibiza night i knew 14 years ago....at this time the price of an entry was expensive,but the drinks price was normal....

4zdy7me.gif

Regarding all the comments on this thread and especially the ones from people who were so surprised when they got charged 8 or 10 euros for a bottle of water: what were you thinking?! ... I know the clubs are expensive, but the parties are worth every penny for me (euro actually :lol:). I think it's kind of ignorant to go to, for example Pacha, and be shocked because the drinks cost a lot of money. It's Ibiza people!!!

538gkmu.gif

WHAT ???

what joostdc10 said might sound wrong and generally is wrong but is very similar to the way that promoters and big clubs act and think in ibiza;)

does anyone know if you can get bottles of wine in the clubs and if so how much?

I'd like to know this too.

Some friends of mines were in Space a few years ago and said they bought bottles of wine at the bar and that it didn't cost too much.

I do think there should be free drinking water in all clubs though.

the club owners think a little bit different
4q4e2v8.gif

Do we...

a) give them free drinking water and have the possibility of someone not spending a penny once they get in the club

or

b) charge 10 euros a bottle of water, a extra 2 for beer, guaranteed about 50 euros per punter!

It really killed me being American, I kept forgetting the exchange rate. A JD and coke is around $17 at most places, that is insane. I remember waking up and realizing I had spent 600 USD one night. Thats a Playstation 3, I partied away a playstation 3 in one night, UN REAL, and Ill be back agian next year paying th same prices and bitchin when I get home haha

Back