here we go again…2008 ibiza opening parties reviews! (continuous)

is taking randoms and searching their underwear consistant throught the entire season, or is it primarily at the opening parties?

You are going to get it all season now. They are recruiting more police from the mainland and even setting up mini roadblocks to stop random cars.

ANYWAY...

Let's get back to the clubbing reviews...

Has anyone seen the new Amnesia terrace yet?
What's the verdict?

Last edited by a moderator:
bout the bend over thing, my freind did get roughed up by the guardia last monday and he actually did get the rubber glove. he does look like a dodgy bastard though

Amnesia opening, sat June 1

Traditionally, Amnesia is the last one of the big clubs starting the season. And traditionally, their openings and closings are huge fiestas. This year, Amnesia even started one week earlier than usually, but still – it’s the last proper opening and we were ready for it!

We arrived at the club (which will be open from 11pm all through the season) short before 2am and I went directly to the terrace, I was too curious to see how the renovated terrace looks like. Well...I personally think that, in a few years, the terrace will be the main room! First off, don’t worry – it’s still quite the terrace you knew. They didn’t change too many things (which I like, it still absolutely has the same feeling as before). What they did change is: first, the soundsystem. Wow!!! Go and experience it for yourself. Then, there is a new floor. They moved the DJ booth from the right side of the floor to the far end of the room, but the box is still almost as low as before. The camel is still there, as well as a turtle on the other side of the room. They slightly changed the bars and above the DJ booth, there is also something like a scene which will surely be used for the Manumission shows. Talking about the “above” part, the terrace has still a huge VIP section. I think they also made this one a bit bigger than it used to be. So far for the new terrace. Ah sure, the ice-machine and the laser shows are still there as well!

One thing that amazed me is the following fact: On the flyers, there were no DJ’s announced. And I knew it would be “only” the residents and other DJ’s from the Island. But still, by 3am, the club was absolutely packed and the atmosphere was great. We all had a ball, I also went to the main room (which is still the same) for a bit, but mostly stayed on the terrace. The night passed very fast and soon it got bright on the terrace. Mar-T was the last DJ playing there and he dropped many tracks we knew, EBTG’s “missing”, the new remix of “rhythm is a dancer” as well as Fragma’s “Toca’s Miracle” then “Beachball”, “Yeke Yeke” and “Greece2000”. He closed with “Like a child” from the Junior Boys and Alter Ego’s “Jolly Joker”. When we walked out of Amnesia, I had a look at my mobile and noticed it was 11:45am!!!! :eek: :lol:

What a great club – what a great night. I am really looking forward to many brilliant parties at Amnesia this summer!

and here are some pix:
320556240.jpg

buzzing main floor

320556223.jpg

amnesia dancers GO! :D

320556235.jpg

And here's finally the new terrace (in the morning hours)!

sy how come everything that comes out your mouth is crap. you call me an idiot call others for being fans of certain djs. its meant to be happy times coming up to the time you go to ibiza . leave the attitude at the bullring.

he's such a child

:spank:

they have always had an ice cannon in the Terrace

Really??

Must say last summer was the first time i had ever noticed an ice cannon in the terrace!!
I have been every year since 2002.
Last year was the first time i noticed, it was mounted at the far end of the room above the bar and it shot across the main dancefloor. It was more horizontal than the main room one.

Really??

Must say last summer was the first time i had ever noticed an ice cannon in the terrace!!
Last year was the first time i noticed, it was mounted at the far end of the room above the bar and it shot across the main dancefloor. It was more horizontal than the main room one.

Yeah man i've definately seen one go off in there.. i don't think they had the mini upward ones attached to the balconies like the main room does though.

Really??

im 99% certain it was there on my first visit in 1999

I never noticed that the terrace had an ice cannon until 2006... but it could be because I spent most of the time in the mainroom, also I didn't think they would since that is part of the charm of the mainroom.

Anyone go to the Loui Vega + friends opening at El Divino last Sunday?

If so, any good? Quite fancying a change over 'we love' this year.

Would like to know too how it was - am a fan of L. Vega and Mr V. who was there with him is great too...

Back