here we go again…2008 ibiza opening parties reviews! (continuous)

Haha I can't go to the closers now- well I can go, but I can't get a plane to take me home... Hmm maybe not a bad thing! :lol:

Nostrum what were the numbers like for Tiesto? Was Privilege close to capacity?

I've never been to closings.. this is why I'm still debating... I love Coxy and his closing party finishes way too early? Why can't he extend his season???

I've never been to closings.. this is why I'm still debating... I love Coxy and his closing party finishes way too early? Why can't he extend his season???

I'm guna go to Coxy closing this year I think! Good to hear the 2 clubs were busy :) Nice reviews :)

I haven't been either for the closers soo wanna go but can't find the right plane home at the right price :x Will have to make do with August this year...

I'll send Coxy your love! :lol:

some tiesto@privi info: the official numbers were about 8000, although i doubt it were that many. i think it were a bit less. the main floor (including the vip section and the gallery behind it which is open for everyone) was perfectly busy, also the cocoloco was quite busy. la vaca (the back room, behind cocoloco, where electric playground) wasn't too busy when i went to take a look. compared to manumission in past years (where all the rooms were rammed), tiesto last monday was perfectly comfy for everyone IMO.

tickets were sold for 45-50€ as far as i know.

some tiesto@privi info: the official numbers were about 8000, although i doubt it were that many. i think it were a bit less. the main floor (including the vip section and the gallery behind it which is open for everyone) was perfectly busy, also the cocoloco was quite busy. la vaca (the back room, behind cocoloco, where electric playground) wasn't too busy when i went to take a look. compared to manumission in past years (where all the rooms were rammed), tiesto last monday was perfectly comfy for everyone IMO.

tickets were sold for 45-50€ as far as i know.

Sounds like good numbers for July- I dare say things will start to get a wee bit busier in the month of august! :eek:

ta-taaa, here's my last opening parties review for this season! (i know, there's extravaganza opening this sunday, but i'll give this one a miss).

GOA opening at space, fri july 11

OK then, first off, let's be clear. this party is absolutely NOT about goa- / psy-trance music. goa is just the brand name of the madrid based party organisation. they're really successful there and are now also coming to ibiza, friday nights (6pm tilll 6am) at space.

but...i think i need to start a bit earlier, not just when i actually went to space. because our night started in san rafael. we first had a drink at the beautiful U (which tonight wasn't too busy). then we drove over to privilege, where supermartxe was happening. in spain, supermartxe is almost as famous as matinée and it seems like supermartxe might be THE surprise of the season - the two dates so far have been big successes and the third one tonight was just the same! the main floor was really full and people had a great time. to give you some more info about the party: imagine something inbetween la troya and matinée. also a bit gay-ish, lots of scene shows, funny and not too underground house music. i don't know if it's just because of the fact the supermartxe promoters were giving away a lot of free tickets (wristbands), but the club was really full and i expect it to stay like this for the season! so if you want to enjoy privi full, there's not only tiesto on monday (with trance) and monza on thursday (with undergroundey stuff), now there's also friday night with supermartxe (and house music) at privi!

then we visited the 3rd san rafael venue for another drink. at amnesia, manumission was happening. amnesia was busy, but not packed. and i can't help but think manumission should have stayed at privilege, it just feels weird at amnesia IMO. i think this year, manu are suffering a bit from the competition...pure pacha at pacha keeps being very strong, then there's the new tong night wonderland at eden (with deadmau5 and tania vulcano tonight, but hey, i can't do all clubs in one night! :lol:) which is going strong, then there's above explained supermartxe. so...this year, manumission have a lot of competition. the good news about amnesia though, is that (what McR already wrote a few days ago) they really lowered drink prices! so from now on it is 8€ for water, 10€ for a beer (or softdrinks), 15€ for any mixer drink and 18€ for mixers with redbull. i know, it's still expensive enough, but hey - can anyone remember the last time drinks prices went down in ibiza at all????

back to friday night: the last new competitor on fridays is the goa night at space i was talking about at the beginning. and that's where we headed to, to finish the night. josh wink and dixon (from innervisions) on the lineup, sounds good. but when we arrived...no good. main terrace - almost empty :( discoteca - just busy enough. good music in both rooms, but really not enough people. so we left soon again. humm. looking at the lineups, i see some really great dj's for the summer (damian lazarus, guy gerber, aril brikha, marc antona, shinedoe, ame, 2000 and one,...), but with such a huge competition this summer, they really need to go for it! but as you people already know, i am a very positive person - give it some more weeks time and it will already be much busier. a new night doesn't kick off that easy here.

ok then, that's it for the opening parties! high-season is slowly starting now (cream and cocoon have been packed for the first time this year on thursday respectively monday for example). and in a few weeks, i'll put a mid-season analysis together so you can see who's doing well and who's not!

see you on the dancefloors!

Last edited by a moderator:
the good news about amnesia though, is that (what McR already wrote a few days ago) they really lowered drink prices! so from now on it is 8€ for water, 10€ for a beer (or softdrinks), 15€ for any mixer drink and 18€ for mixers with redbull. i know, it's still expensive enough, but hey - can anyone remember the last time drinks prices went down in ibiza at all????
well done amnesia!!
ok.gif

hopefully other clubs will do the same.....

That was a shame Space was dead last night- such good line ups for Goa...

I really don't know whether to go to Manu or not @ Amnesia... I don't want to spoil my memory of it at Privilege...

Back