Glastonbury 09

Thanx Sirens

wet weather gear all safely stowed

lets not get all hung up on the weather kids

wet weather gear all safely stowed

lets not get all hung up on the weather kids

Quite. It poured in 2007 and Danielsan and I still smashed it. It'll be wicked whatever the weather.

See you tomorrow night Russ!

8)

Quite. It poured in 2007 and Danielsan and I still smashed it. It'll be wicked whatever the weather.

See you tomorrow night Russ!

8)

blootered it down in 1997 - the entire thursday dawn to dusk
didn't leave the tent
quagmire for the first day but much fun had

look for people exiting an area and falling over in the mud - much hilarity

watched some of it yesterday

springsteen - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz - an even greater cure for insomnia than one of naked age's posts.

yeah yeah yeahs - is this what the kids listen to these days? :eek: student rubbish

crosby stills and nash - it's like punk never happened - I thought one of them might have a stroke on stage

tom jones - predictably kitsch - always have a soft spot for delilah mind

status quo - it's like Eavis has deliberately, mischievously, booked the worst names in the history of rock just to test the loyalty of the glasto hordes. That said, I had a moment to "in the army now", which is bona fide pop gold

madness were very good - in fact, wonderful - 2nd fave band from my childhood, after the beatles. The bit where the sax player was hoisted into the air on the cable was very funny - not entirely sure that all went to plan. "It must be love" is one of the great romantic records.

I appreciate the bbc coverage is naff and the radio 1 people they bring in are a bunch of self-serving, self-aggrandising kunts and the footage only focuses on the main stages - but lurking around the fringes the likes of penguin cafe orchestra, crazy p, heartbreak etc are all really talented - real shame not to see them feature, but it's all about ratings isn't it... :rolleyes:

springsteen - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz - an even greater cure for insomnia than one of naked age's posts.
Funny... every review I read said he rocked the place solid. :rolleyes: Having seen footage of some of his performing in the past, I'm leaning towards thinking you're wrong on this one.

When does everyone get back? Looking forward to reading some reviews/adventures/etc.

Only saw a few hours, I'm not a fan of Springstien but he put 120% in and was my highlight of the bits I saw along with The Ting Tings.

Funny... every review I read said he rocked the place solid. :rolleyes: Having seen footage of some of his performing in the past, I'm leaning towards thinking you're wrong on this one

there's no right or wrong! it's a just a subjective view... surely you don't decide you like something or not on the back of other people's reviews? :eek:

I've never liked springsteen - music squarely pitched at blue collar america or dad rock fans, of which I am neither

Back