Glastonbury 09

Initial thoughts is that it's all a bit, well, old men

Like young Robder, I shall be spending very little time at the Big stages anyways

However I shall be seeing

Bruce
The Tap
Fleet Foxes
Dizee Rascal
Tom Jones
Bjorn Again (presumably the first act on on the Pyramid)
Blur
Ray Davies
Eat Static (of course)

repeat after me:

Glastonbury is about so much more than the bands on the big stages

Echo to that...and personally I'm really looking forward to jumping around like a loon to Status Quo! :oops: :lol:

Trash City and HMD are worth(y) the entrance fee alone, though if I'm in the vicinity I'll have half an eye on...

Mr. Hudson and the Library
Bruce Springsteen
Spinal Tap
Franz Ferdinand
Blur (for a singalong ;) )
Tom Jones
Tony Christie
The Quo
2 Many Djs
Erol Alkan
Josh Wink
Yoda

And hopefully a load of stand ups and Tony Benn.
Getting moderately excited now!

Am pretty disappointed with the line up after all the rumours... Was really looking forward to Fleetwood Mac and Orbital.

But all in all... still moist in anticipation!

First time going... all you lot been before?

Loads of times...it's the best festival in the world. Full stop. End of conversation.

(or I think it is anyway - ask me after Secret Garden which everyone says is better but I don't believe them.)

Getting very excited now!

When are folks from here getting there? I can't get there until Thursday night but a mate is taking my tent down for me Thursday morning so I'm hoping he get us a decent spot......

(No pressure X-man!)

I am going thurs morning.

Will be trying to meet up with little Danny so we can all camp close by (Pennards)

I found out over the last weekend that there are LOADS of peeps I know going.

Getting quite excited now

The reviews of Blur's warm up gigs have been excellent so thats a big plus

I am very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very much looking forward to Bruce Springsteen too

And Dizee Rascal

And Spinal Tap

etc
etc
etc

I am going thurs morning.

Will be trying to meet up with little Danny so we can all camp close by (Pennards)

I found out over the last weekend that there are LOADS of peeps I know going.

Getting quite excited now

The reviews of Blur's warm up gigs have been excellent so thats a big plus

I am very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very much looking forward to Bruce Springsteen too

And Dizee Rascal

And Spinal Tap

etc
etc
etc

What time Thursday morning are you heading down? Are you driving?

Tryign to hold in the excitement here. These three days may be up there with xmas eve and the day after our annual work do for productivity and output ;) !

2 sleeps to go folks

btw, the set times have been leaked here

see you down the front

btw, special guests on friday are NERD

I am looking forward to bbc sh1te coverage and constant repeats of the same acts over and over again. Shirley now with all the interactive channels we should be able to select what stage you want rather than having to watch Eddy Grant 5 hours a day.

Also can't wait to see Edith Bowman once again getting up everyone's arris by saying that they played with such raw emotion/energy/passion! Get shot of the desperate dan chinned woman! Funkin awful.

Also can't wait to hear Zane Lowe tell us how The Maccabees (insert skinny jean band of your choice) changed his life. Oh please.

Anyway those who are going, enjoy yourselves, looks wicked. I will be watching Phil Jupitus at the Jazz world stage for 3 days and that other unfunny fella with the tache playing table football with some helmets from Tipton while hurling obscenties at the TV.

Back