Glasto

wow. pretty topical too given tory sleaze is once again grabbing headlines

wondering who this "director of a major Ibiza night club" is - because if they're complicit in dodgy touting in any way, then you have to ask how shady their club is too...
If you compare it to London promoters in the 2000s, there'd be lots of big name DJ who were always paid by scamsters, scamsters who consistently ripped off smaller promoters and DJs, under the apparently legitimacy of their connections.

The Ibiza big name could be unaware or depending on the length of the association, not care

If any of you lot are going this year, please make sure you say it’s dreadful…. Had to cancel my volunteering place on Friday as it’s clear my other half hadn’t recovered enough from her surgery yet for me to go away for six days.

If any of you know anyone that could get me in on Saturday night for Coldplay (I know, I know……), please let me know and I’ll jump on the motorbike from Bristol in a flash!

If any of you lot are going this year, please make sure you say it’s dreadful…. Had to cancel my volunteering place on Friday as it’s clear my other half hadn’t recovered enough from her surgery yet for me to go away for six days.

If any of you know anyone that could get me in on Saturday night for Coldplay (I know, I know……), please let me know and I’ll jump on the motorbike from Bristol in a flash!
That is such a shame but your other half obviously has to come first. Would you believe, I have managed to get a ticket just the other day?! I checked Oxfam volunteering every day but with no luck but glad I managed to get something sorted. Thanks for your tips earlier on this thread and I'll be sure to tell you how awful a time I am having this weekend! Maybe see you there another year.

That is such a shame but your other half obviously has to come first. Would you believe, I have managed to get a ticket just the other day?! I checked Oxfam volunteering every day but with no luck but glad I managed to get something sorted. Thanks for your tips earlier on this thread and I'll be sure to tell you how awful a time I am having this weekend! Maybe see you there another year.
Ah, glad to hear it.

A shame for sure, props for doing the right thing and best wishes for the OH's healing!

Highlights so far (from home on tv this is!!)? Really enjoyed bloc party orbital and disclosure yesterday. Streets were good aswell in patches, didn’t really know wot to expect but it delivered. After he stopped talking about going up the f***in hill 😂. Barry can’t swim did well aswell I thought for so early on a Friday, good energy. Not my thing really but little simz is a very talented lady, enjoyed her set. Haven’t watched Coldplay yet but I imagine it’s gonna be a safe bet

Bloody loved Fat White Family, The Streets and Jessie Ware. PJ Harvey was good, but obviously not commercial at all. Not watched LCD Soundsystem yet, as going to see them on Monday night (for the 5th time) and don't want to bore myself of them beforehand. (This is all from the telly too.)

Bloody loved Fat White Family, The Streets and Jessie Ware. PJ Harvey was good, but obviously not commercial at all. Not watched LCD Soundsystem yet, as going to see them on Monday night (for the 5th time) and don't want to bore myself of them beforehand. (This is all from the telly too.)

nothing I saw made me wish I was amongst the flag waving tits, though Skinner and LCD looked like good fun.

I'm sure the fringe stuff was awesome. How I miss Robder's annual review

nothing I saw made me wish I was amongst the flag waving tits, though Skinner and LCD looked like good fun.

I'm sure the fringe stuff was awesome. How I miss Robder's annual review

I'm more than happy just watching it on the telly. I'm sure you get a better view...

Know Coldplay are marmite and personally I dont think theyve added anything great to their catalogue since the last appearance in 2016...the production was incredible, and got to give credit where it is due Chris Martin can work a big crowd

Ive also enjoyed Sugababes and Keane this weekend, proof if ever it was needed that im now an aged Millenial, someone book me a nursing home 😂

Highlights so far (from home on tv this is!!)? Really enjoyed bloc party orbital and disclosure yesterday. Streets were good aswell in patches, didn’t really know wot to expect but it delivered. After he stopped talking about going up the f***in hill 😂. Barry can’t swim did well aswell I thought for so early on a Friday, good energy. Not my thing really but little simz is a very talented lady, enjoyed her set. Haven’t watched Coldplay yet but I imagine it’s gonna be a safe bet

Clear that Disclosure told Sam Smith they could appear but only in clothes they had selected 😂 great voice but the image can be a distraction these days.

Also how good does the ex Navy helecopter look for the dance area 👀

Clear that Disclosure told Sam Smith they could appear but only in clothes they had selected 😂 great voice but the image can be a distraction these days.

Also how good does the ex Navy helecopter look for the dance area 👀
When they said here’s Sam smith my initial thought was oh my god what’s he going to be wearing 😂😂😂.

Know Coldplay are marmite and personally I dont think theyve added anything great to their catalogue since the last appearance in 2016...the production was incredible, and got to give credit where it is due Chris Martin can work a big crowd

Ive also enjoyed Sugababes and Keane this weekend, proof if ever it was needed that im now an aged Millenial, someone book me a nursing home 😂
Oh yes enjoyed Keane also!! Still got it! Great voice, had that album on repeat for a good month 20 years back

Orbital with Mel C was interesting 😂 but always great to Hear Belfast and Chime

Barry Can’t Swim was fun, watched him as he’s on at Reading and I’d like to see him. He likes a Dance. Streets and Jessie Ware were brilliant as was Paul Heaton

Oh yes enjoyed Keane also!! Still got it! Great voice, had that album on repeat for a good month 20 years back

I was at college in 2004 and what a great year for music, Keane and The Killers breaking through, Libertines on the way down but still about. Good variety in the charts with Indie and R&B going strong. Though dance (commerically at least) in the doldrums

Orbital with Mel C was interesting 😂 but always great to Hear Belfast and Chime

Barry Can’t Swim was fun, watched him as he’s on at Reading and I’d like to see him. He likes a Dance. Streets and Jessie Ware were brilliant as was Paul Heaton

Its intruiging how MelC is now a dance music darling, she was at Mambo the other week. Need to catch up on Barry Cant Swim. And im from Hull so the Housemartins mini reunion with Fatboy was nice :)

Back