Glasto

BBC plays far too safe though. They never stray from the boring chart acts on the main stages. Where are all the freaks, nuns doing DMT, Michael Gove getting off his tits to Palms Trax?

Loads of sets from more obscure and interesting bands on iplayer. There's a great moment in the FWF set where Lias reaches into his sweaty crotch, pulls out a sandwich, takes a couple of bites and throws the rest into the audience.

Hope they arent screening the England game like they have in the past or poor SZA might have a funeral vibe on her hands

Its intruiging how MelC is now a dance music darling, she was at Mambo the other week. Need to catch up on Barry Cant Swim. And im from Hull so the Housemartins mini reunion with Fatboy was nice :)

I take back my comments, SZAs crowd now having it large 😂

I normally really enjoy watching Glasto but this year was very very poor, is this to do with the state of the music industry at this time I wonder?

I’ll work my way through a few more but only highlights for me were;

Confidence Man

Barry Can’t Swim

Disclosure (new tunes a banger)

Fat White Family

Michael Kiwanuka

The Streets

Sundays headliner had a very poor turnout by the looks of it, like most I’d never heard of her 😂

DJ set reviews from anyone please?
Posted elsewhere...

Another amazing dance-heavy festival. Saw very few bands. My hightlights were probably Faithless in the Glade. The atmosphere at the front was bouncing to say it was early on.

Wednesday we bumbled around the SEC. Sat at the Stone Circle until 8/9am

Thursday - Sportsbanger for Ewan McVicor and DJ f***off where the crowd was good but the Mc sucked. Then it was good to get back to the original Genosys for DJ Tennis/Demi Riquisimo which was good. Really looed forward to Dixon at San Remo but it was unbearbale busy inside, last 40minutes but left when you couldn't lift a shoulder, let alone dance - the music was spot on. Head to Silver Heyes to confirm Levels was full, watched Almass Badat b2b Arthi (me neither?!?) on lonely heart which was fun then headed back to San Remo for Job jobse. The crowd went eight back up the hill, music was exactly what i wanted to hear but it was too quiet being far away. Early night at 3/4am.

Fri - my wife arrived at 4pm. Confidence Man for the cheese. Then Glade for K-class which was really good. Must have gone somewhere before returning for Faithless which was one of highlights of the festival, like K-Class the crown front right were bouncing. Danced with friends in the Dome for P-RALLEL then had a heartbreaking moment as my ftiemds went Arcadia for HAAI/KI-KI and the Mrs' choice was BICEP. We got in early, had loads of space at the front, personally didn't enjoy it as much as West Holts 2022. Couldnt understand the music stopping (since reading a medical emergency on here) 3 steps back into what we promised sumed must have been a crush from space seemed daft, 3 steps forward. Afterwards we headed to Unfair ground for Azyr which was banging! Then platform 23 before the Mrs had enough.

Sat - Assembly for four hours, Job Jobse into HAAI/Saoirse - not the best ive heard from them all but dancing in the sun was a winner with a good crowd. Went SEC, then long walk to Eric Prydz gor 30mins before walking back to SEC! Couldnt get into the music for Dj Stingray at IICON, so headed to Genosys for a dance then people watched near Arrivals for a good while. Ended up walking Mrs to PedC then back to the stone circle until 10am!

Sunday - a good hour at Craig Richards Fabric 25 whilst the Mra watched Avril with a friend who loves CR. Met some very sound people. Glade for one of the best sets all weekend Logic1000 then a little Groove Armada. Last drop of dance was the end of JUSTICE which sounded amazing from the back. Wish Sunday evening wasnt the end as we left around 12am

Such a good year but I didnt get to craft/healing/crossiant/green futures/tipi/nothing in theatre/acoustic/woodies/levels or my favourite ven ue Temple...

Posted elsewhere...

Another amazing dance-heavy festival. Saw very few bands. My hightlights were probably Faithless in the Glade. The atmosphere at the front was bouncing to say it was early on.

Wednesday we bumbled around the SEC. Sat at the Stone Circle until 8/9am

Thursday - Sportsbanger for Ewan McVicor and DJ f***off where the crowd was good but the Mc sucked. Then it was good to get back to the original Genosys for DJ Tennis/Demi Riquisimo which was good. Really looed forward to Dixon at San Remo but it was unbearbale busy inside, last 40minutes but left when you couldn't lift a shoulder, let alone dance - the music was spot on. Head to Silver Heyes to confirm Levels was full, watched Almass Badat b2b Arthi (me neither?!?) on lonely heart which was fun then headed back to San Remo for Job jobse. The crowd went eight back up the hill, music was exactly what i wanted to hear but it was too quiet being far away. Early night at 3/4am.

Fri - my wife arrived at 4pm. Confidence Man for the cheese. Then Glade for K-class which was really good. Must have gone somewhere before returning for Faithless which was one of highlights of the festival, like K-Class the crown front right were bouncing. Danced with friends in the Dome for P-RALLEL then had a heartbreaking moment as my ftiemds went Arcadia for HAAI/KI-KI and the Mrs' choice was BICEP. We got in early, had loads of space at the front, personally didn't enjoy it as much as West Holts 2022. Couldnt understand the music stopping (since reading a medical emergency on here) 3 steps back into what we promised sumed must have been a crush from space seemed daft, 3 steps forward. Afterwards we headed to Unfair ground for Azyr which was banging! Then platform 23 before the Mrs had enough.

Sat - Assembly for four hours, Job Jobse into HAAI/Saoirse - not the best ive heard from them all but dancing in the sun was a winner with a good crowd. Went SEC, then long walk to Eric Prydz gor 30mins before walking back to SEC! Couldnt get into the music for Dj Stingray at IICON, so headed to Genosys for a dance then people watched near Arrivals for a good while. Ended up walking Mrs to PedC then back to the stone circle until 10am!

Sunday - a good hour at Craig Richards Fabric 25 whilst the Mra watched Avril with a friend who loves CR. Met some very sound people. Glade for one of the best sets all weekend Logic1000 then a little Groove Armada. Last drop of dance was the end of JUSTICE which sounded amazing from the back. Wish Sunday evening wasnt the end as we left around 12am

Such a good year but I didnt get to craft/healing/crossiant/green futures/tipi/nothing in theatre/acoustic/woodies/levels or my favourite ven ue Temple...
Amazing review!

I got in late on the Thursday and went straight to San Remo. Agreed that it was really too busy. Music was brilliant (especially Job Jobse) although a bit quiet where we were to avoid the major crushing closer to the DJ!

Out of your other sets, I also was at Bicep, HAAI & Saoirse and Groove Armada. Yes, where we were stood, I didn't think it was too packed for Bicep although at one point I needed to go to the toilet and it was really bad at the back so maybe that was here some of the concern was. I enjoyed Bicep and was also at West Holts in 2022. Even though it is a classic and I guess everyone expects it, 'Glue' at the end is getting a bit boring I think.

2022 was my first Glastonbury and I went last year too so I never got to experience the proper Genosys before - WOW. Definitely one of my most favourite stages. Saw a bit of Honey Dijon here and Midland as well.

Groove Armada on the Sunday evening was really good fun. Met some really nice people there and then did a little bit of Justice too but honestly, was just so exhausted by then so couldn't really get into it and then I decided to call it a night at midnight to make the journey home on Monday less painful.

Other stand-out sets for me this year was Paul Heaton and Mary Whallopers on the Friday afternoon, LCD Soundsystem and Jungle that evening and Avril Lavigne Sunday afternoon. I don't think this year was any 'busier' than the last two years but I do think alot of people went to the same things which meant there did feel like a real crush at times.

I had a great weekend overall but I think due to arriving late on a Thursday (ticket was linked to coach that left Thursday afternoon), it felt like I didn't have enough time to properly 'settle' before the madness and was constantly playing catch-up in a way. The variety and sheer scale of Glastonbury is obviously amazing but also means you get a bit of FOMO about potentially missing amazing Glastonbury moments. I did do some Healing Fields stuff on the Sunday which was great but didn't make it to Stone Circle or NYC Downlow this year (and I'm still to make it to the Temple - there is just always a massive queue every time I try to go). Always another year to do it all.

I think my most favourite moments this year was going up the hill on the Saturday night by the Park and just looking down at all the madness below and going to Maceos on the Saturday morning around 5am and the place was still rocking!

The biggest change for me since 2022 is that now I much prefer doing stuff in Silver Hayes as opposed to SEC - a bit more variety in the line-ups maybe? The indoor Assembly place is amazing.

Will try again for next year given 2026 is a fallow year!

The biggest change for me since 2022 is that now I much prefer doing stuff in Silver Hayes as opposed to SEC - a bit more variety in the line-ups maybe? The indoor Assembly place is amazing.
Can't quite be bothered for a full review like both of you have done (both enjoyable reads though!) but a special mention has to go out to Craig Richards for his set in the assembly Saturday night. Outrageous beats in what is a really cool stage

Amazing review!

I got in late on the Thursday and went straight to San Remo. Agreed that it was really too busy. Music was brilliant (especially Job Jobse) although a bit quiet where we were to avoid the major crushing closer to the DJ!

Out of your other sets, I also was at Bicep, HAAI & Saoirse and Groove Armada. Yes, where we were stood, I didn't think it was too packed for Bicep although at one point I needed to go to the toilet and it was really bad at the back so maybe that was here some of the concern was. I enjoyed Bicep and was also at West Holts in 2022. Even though it is a classic and I guess everyone expects it, 'Glue' at the end is getting a bit boring I think.

2022 was my first Glastonbury and I went last year too so I never got to experience the proper Genosys before - WOW. Definitely one of my most favourite stages. Saw a bit of Honey Dijon here and Midland as well.

Groove Armada on the Sunday evening was really good fun. Met some really nice people there and then did a little bit of Justice too but honestly, was just so exhausted by then so couldn't really get into it and then I decided to call it a night at midnight to make the journey home on Monday less painful.

Other stand-out sets for me this year was Paul Heaton and Mary Whallopers on the Friday afternoon, LCD Soundsystem and Jungle that evening and Avril Lavigne Sunday afternoon. I don't think this year was any 'busier' than the last two years but I do think alot of people went to the same things which meant there did feel like a real crush at times.

I had a great weekend overall but I think due to arriving late on a Thursday (ticket was linked to coach that left Thursday afternoon), it felt like I didn't have enough time to properly 'settle' before the madness and was constantly playing catch-up in a way. The variety and sheer scale of Glastonbury is obviously amazing but also means you get a bit of FOMO about potentially missing amazing Glastonbury moments. I did do some Healing Fields stuff on the Sunday which was great but didn't make it to Stone Circle or NYC Downlow this year (and I'm still to make it to the Temple - there is just always a massive queue every time I try to go). Always another year to do it all.

I think my most favourite moments this year was going up the hill on the Saturday night by the Park and just looking down at all the madness below and going to Maceos on the Saturday morning around 5am and the place was still rocking!

Will try again for next year given 2026 is a fallow year!
Dont think i will ever tire of putting the band on, walking down towards Ped C or sitting by the sign/stone circle and seeing it unfold below!

Silver Heyes has really improved since the Love Saves The Day people from Bristol have taken over. Importantly for me it isnt just DnB which I know is very popular in the SW. It was a poor area, I visited the Dance Village as a nipper but cant remember too much but have not really enjoyed it recent version since 2015 that much. 3am finishes is too early but understand the noise levels that side of the site.

If we are lucky next time year we might have to take our son again. 7 days childcare on top of our other trips is probably getting too much and there's enough fun for us all.

Back