Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

Deaths have also been far less than they reported, and what we thought, more people have died with covid than from it
It's absolutely not true that deaths are far less than have been reported. Here in the UK they stopped reporting deaths in the community and in nursing homes very early on even though they were sending covid positive people back into the nursing homes or into the community to spread it amongst other vulnerable people. The true death toll is MUCH higher than reported as a result. And even if it wasn't, the 150,000 reported deaths is the equivalent of Poole in Dorset or Burnley in Lancashire or a city the size of Gloucester wiped clean off the map.

VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

2403438556_b5860683c3.jpg

My Mum pre-ordered two Day 2 lateral flow tests in November, just before the rules changed to a PCR test for Day 2.

As they are in date and haven't been used, can we use them for another trip? She had registered them for her November trip but then had to redo to passenger locator form to a PCR (that will teach her for being so organised!).

Hoping to be able to use them for our next trip, rather than buying two new tests.

For anyone in a similar situation, the Day 2 lateral flow tests worked fine for our return from Valletta, Malta last week.

However, Malta is now one of the countries which requires people to be fully vaccinated / boosted. They were very strict at Malta airport and hotels and most restaurants also scanned our NHS vaccine pass QR code upon entering. Masks also required indoors.

Im hoping that having a full month of Data for January will prompt some rule relaxations in many nations soon. At the minute I feel a lot of the rules are there more for politcal reasons than science, governments want to show they are 'in control' and taking 'tough' action.

Some of the rules are getting so fragmentated and confusing I feel countries are going to see more people simply getting confused and having to be turned round at border control. What 'full vacinated' now means is different for many countries for example.

The other factor will be economics, tourism industries in most countries can't have a 3rd bad Summer in a row and they will get increasingly vocal at governments if rules are putting visitors off.

Im hoping that having a full month of Data for January will prompt some rule relaxations in many nations soon. At the minute I feel a lot of the rules are there more for politcal reasons than science, governments want to show they are 'in control' and taking 'tough' action.

Some of the rules are getting so fragmentated and confusing I feel countries are going to see more people simply getting confused and having to be turned round at border control. What 'full vacinated' now means is different for many countries for example.

The other factor will be economics, tourism industries in most countries can't have a 3rd bad Summer in a row and they will get increasingly vocal at governments if rules are putting visitors off.
I think the biggest problem is that certainly in the UK many people in government are also business people or have shares in large companies and are more bothered about putting their own personal wealth ahead of 'ordinary' human lives. You only have to look at the PPE debacle as a prime example of this. Of course it doesn't help that Boris hasn't got a spine and is only too happy to let people like the ERG and the 1922 committee dictate policy instead of listening PROPERLY to scientists and medics. It also doesn't help that he selected a cabinet full of 'yes men' and sycophants (political and intellectual pygmies every one of them) who will agree with his every whim. It's just a shame we haven't got an effective opposition to keep him and his cronies on their toes.

Actually I'm very interested, as a one-off I wanted my (now very post-retirement) special trip to be first class London/Barca on the train and ferry over to the island and back.

Obvs covid finished that for me, but I'm hoping Manchester > Paris, Paris > Barca, Barca > Ibiza and then either fly home or return the same way.

Think it's also possible to do London > Barca in a day? Anyhow that's now some time off, hopefully between then and now I can find a companion to enjoy the trip with me. he or she will have to have a few bob though - but advance first's aren't all that expensive.
i can't remember where i found this one but...

barca.jpg

ps. the barcelona football team is commonly known as barça but barcelona the city = barca?! NO.

Think most pre-departure tests are being removed for fully vaccinated people for EU countries. Portugal is removing theirs next week.

For fully vaccinated people, how long after the first two negative tests after testing positive is the NHS Covid Passport 'unlocked' for use for travel?

Back