Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

OK, so I'm using up my Ryanair voucher from 2020 to go to the Costa del Sol next month. Later this week I'll be looking for Ibiza for mid-may and then late June.
Seems to be now just the 2 locator forms, full jab cert and that's it.
Let's face it, we've dealt with Covid for two years, thankfully there's nothing else on the horizon like a full scale war between two european countries that could end in the nuclear destruction of the whole world or anything.

OK, so I'm using up my Ryanair voucher from 2020 to go to the Costa del Sol next month. Later this week I'll be looking for Ibiza for mid-may and then late June.
Seems to be now just the 2 locator forms, full jab cert and that's it.
Let's face it, we've dealt with Covid for two years, thankfully there's nothing else on the horizon like a full scale war between two european countries that could end in the nuclear destruction of the whole world or anything.

We're due a Godzilla attack in June 🙃

King nightmare. Booked the Cosat del Sol trip fine with Booking .com

This evening I've been booking Royal Plaza in Ibiza for just over £500 and my card was declined. Got a phone call from the bank 15 mins later alerting me to possible fraud.
So....been on to credit card provider asking why...turns out there's nothing wrong with my card (in fact it's well in credit!) but booking,com haven't updated their anti-fraud measures so stuff is being declined unnecessarily.
So the next option is to pay Plaza when I get there..but what if the card is declined then even though it's loaded?
Plan C - use the option of Booking.com taking the money the week before I depart in June; the bank says their systems should be working by the end of March.
If the card's declined again at that point - then I have to input another card details (debit - same bank, same issues??) or the whole thing's cancelled. So that's 4 months of worry to come.
Sod that - I've cancelled booking.com and used hotels,com with no issues, all I did was verify the request on my banks app and away we go! Bet the hotel is wondering why I've cancelled and rebooked....

King nightmare. Booked the Cosat del Sol trip fine with Booking .com

This evening I've been booking Royal Plaza in Ibiza for just over £500 and my card was declined. Got a phone call from the bank 15 mins later alerting me to possible fraud.
So....been on to credit card provider asking why...turns out there's nothing wrong with my card (in fact it's well in credit!) but booking,com haven't updated their anti-fraud measures so stuff is being declined unnecessarily.
So the next option is to pay Plaza when I get there..but what if the card is declined then even though it's loaded?
Plan C - use the option of Booking.com taking the money the week before I depart in June; the bank says their systems should be working by the end of March.
If the card's declined again at that point - then I have to input another card details (debit - same bank, same issues??) or the whole thing's cancelled. So that's 4 months of worry to come.
Sod that - I've cancelled booking.com and used hotels,com with no issues, all I did was verify the request on my banks app and away we go! Bet the hotel is wondering why I've cancelled and rebooked....
Yes love hotels.com I always use them and pay on arrival

I have cancelled so many hotels with them🤪 I get excited book and then decide I want another hotel or find a better price 🤔

Yes love hotels.com I always use them and pay on arrival

I have cancelled so many hotels with them🤪 I get excited book and then decide I want another hotel or find a better price 🤔
Hotels have taken my money immediately (I get a full refund if I cancel) so that's out of the way. Instead of worrying about money, I can worry about getting my fave heels into the cabin bag on Ryanair (gone for the 1 + 1 priority, front row 1A again!! Sod the expense!).

Hotels have taken my money immediately (I get a full refund if I cancel) so that's out of the way. Instead of worrying about money, I can worry about getting my fave heels into the cabin bag on Ryanair (gone for the 1 + 1 priority, front row 1A again!! Sod the expense!).
High Roller

Still being plagued by automated phone calls from the bank r/e credit cards. Last night..."Did you make a transaction with booking.com for £520? Yes I did (is the easy bit) but there isn't an option for "but it's not being taken because I cancelled it...twice...". grrr. Anyhow my statement's up to date and they should now stop pestering me.

I do have the Post office travelcard which I thoroughly reccomend, but they advise don't do hotel bookings on it as occasionally it won't be accepted because it's not a credit card - and not necessarily a debit card as it can't be overdrawn (has to be loaded first).

Although not Ibiza - my trip to the CDS next month; the Ryanair ticket asked ne to upload my covid status to print my ticket - which I did, but it's only valid for a month so a paper copy or phone document will have to be updated nearer the time to show the Spanish authorities. Wonder if that will get dropped over the summer??

Ryanair have changed our flights from Sunday to Sunday to Monday to Monday :rolleyes: messes up hotel booking so got to figure out alternative options which are quite limited

Ryanair have changed our flights from Sunday to Sunday to Monday to Monday :rolleyes: messes up hotel booking so got to figure out alternative options which are quite limited
Will hotel not move your dates? Usually can through a travel operator, if not just book a cheap 1 night stay somewhere for your last night

Will hotel not move your dates? Usually can through a travel operator, if not just book a cheap 1 night stay somewhere for your last night
Yeah I could do but it's sorting out annual leave for the Monday we come back which can be hit and miss for my husband. If there's no way round it we'll prob have to try and get the Monday off etc

Edit: Think we've accepted the fact will have to change hotel (if I can as it's Ibiza rocks) and get the Monday off!

Last edited:
Yeah I could do but it's sorting out annual leave for the Monday we come back which can be hit and miss for my husband. If there's no way round it we'll prob have to try and get the Monday off etc

Edit: Think we've accepted the fact will have to change hotel (if I can as it's Ibiza rocks) and get the Monday off!
Ahhh, didnt give work leave a thought, probs due to being self employed. Good luck

Think you'll both be sick that day, must have picked a bug up at the airport on the way back on Sunday. Should be fine to be in tomorrow boss....

Ryanair has cancelled flights to Ibiza from Liverpool due to a shortage of landing spots.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/ryanair-cancels-liverpool-ibiza-flights-23211503
Easyjet did this years ago, about 2014. I simply mentioned on Twitter how annoying it was, didn't even tag them, and they replied with some marketing bullshit like "we're always looking for new ideas for flight routes so let us know and we'll see what we can do!" so I went back telling them they'd obviously made the choice deliberately and called them patronising c-words. They didn't like it...

Jet2 are the first UK airline to say face masks aren't compulsory, you still have to wear them once landed for places that need them though (such as Spain)

Back