Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61413015

EU mask news. Presented without comment or opinion

So if Spain continues with mask protocols, then flights to Spain will still need masks to be worn. This is getting seriously silly now!

So if Spain continues with mask protocols, then flights to Spain will still need masks to be worn. This is getting seriously silly now!
I was in Tenerife last week and the only place masks were compulsory was on the flight. Even most of the staff in the hotel didn't wear them (I think they were given the choice, it certainly wasn't all staff). No guests were wearing them indoors or out.

On the flight out there were quite a few hen parties and nobody got told to put their mask on...I think the airline crew are picking their battles at the moment! On the way home they were a bit stricter but the demographic of the flight was a lot older. Both airports, minimal mask wearing.

It is silly, you are right...just lift the restrictions everywhere....

I was in Tenerife last week and the only place masks were compulsory was on the flight. Even most of the staff in the hotel didn't wear them (I think they were given the choice, it certainly wasn't all staff). No guests were wearing them indoors or out.

On the flight out there were quite a few hen parties and nobody got told to put their mask on...I think the airline crew are picking their battles at the moment! On the way home they were a bit stricter but the demographic of the flight was a lot older. Both airports, minimal mask wearing.

It is silly, you are right...just lift the restrictions everywhere....
Ive flown to Spain twice this year and masks were not required in the UK airport nor on the airplane going out and returning either (Newcastle airport and Jet2 airlines), masks also not required inside any of the hotels, shops or in Spanish airports (Alicante and Malaga( etc....unless things are different in Ibiza?

The only mask requirement was on the train and in a taxi.

If I were travelling now I'd fill this form in just to be on the safe side (assuming all the vax criteria are met) https://www.spth.gob.es/spain-validator

What do those without the vax certificate do??
If you are fully jabbed (including booster) you dont need to complete a Spanish PLF (mainland spain) just a copy of your vax pass which is scanned on arrival. If you are not vaxed at all then you cannot enter Spain unless you have a recovery certificate, are a child or a specific exemption.

If you are fully jabbed (including booster) you dont need to complete a Spanish PLF (mainland spain) just a copy of your vax pass which is scanned on arrival. If you are not vaxed at all then you cannot enter Spain unless you have a recovery certificate, are a child or a specific exemption.
The Spanish website don’t read this way though, which is quite confusing. It says - negative certificate of an active infection diagnostic test - which I would read as I can just do one of the tests instead of getting a booster

Attachments

• 8FDFBAE6-7467-46C7-B58D-A558FA7618B5.jpeg
    8FDFBAE6-7467-46C7-B58D-A558FA7618B5.jpeg
    511.9 KB · Views: 7
Masks weren’t enforced on a flight to the Canaries last week
Were on mine to Maga and on the way home too. To the point they wern’t gunna let is on flight home when i got to the plane door bcos i didn’t have a mask…not what you want at 6.30am and no sleep:lol:

Thankfully another passenger had a spare

The Spanish website don’t read this way though, which is quite confusing. It says - negative certificate of an active infection diagnostic test - which I would read as I can just do one of the tests instead of getting a booster
That does not apply if you are travelling from the UK though.....see McRackins post above.

Just at Leeds-Bradford (sadly not heading to the island!) And despite having fast track, only hand luggage and being here 2.5 hours early it has still taken an hour to get through security :(

Leave plenty of time if you are flying anywhere right now!
Oh no! Missed flight because of the queue?

I was in Tenerife last week too. Masks were compulsory inside the Tenerife North airport (TFN) - everyone wore them, both travelers and airport staff.

But there were absolutely no masks at the Tenerife South airport (TFS) - so the rules are inconsistent even within a single island :rolleyes:

I doubt masks on flights will disappear anytime soon, because airline unions are pushing for them, and even if government regulations mandating masks end, airlines will probably still require masks.

Back